Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

modding question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> modding question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
modding question - 7/11/2007 7:05:03 PM   
bstarr

I'm new to modding with a spreadsheet, so there's one hell of a learning curve. Please be patient. I've located some of the stuff I wanted to change for my mod, even figured out how to change it. I decided to start off small and simply move the Manassas Depot in the 1862 mod to Chalottesville. I made the change to Nelson County in Scripts/Scripts62, saved it. Then loaded the scenario. No change. What am I doing wrong?

Post #: 1
RE: modding question - 7/12/2007 12:41:24 AM   
tiredoftryingnames

The script.ini file is used by the editor to load a scenario and then you save it like you would a turn and it generates the .scn file. The ini file itself isn't used in the game engine as scenario data. The script62.ini is just an alternate script for a different scenario as you can only have 1 script file at a time. Once you generate the scenario data the script file can be overridden if you have the original spreadsheets which is where you should be making your changes. Over on the AGEod site there are some threads that have links to all the spreadsheets used for scenario creation and some instructions on using them. I suggest you scan through the threads there as a start. It's not straight forward modding and I was lost when I started. I'm in the process of a major overhaul to the April 61 campaign and I read every thread I could find as a start and then it takes alot of trial and error.

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 2
RE: modding question - 7/12/2007 6:33:06 PM   
bstarr

I'm really lost. I tried the other site and I really don't think they have a lot of patience with beginners. Not that I'm really complaining, I am quite raw and they aren't exactly paid to teach me to turn on my computer (of course a reply telling me I was on the wrong track would have been nice, but, hey, no big deal, I had a pretty good idea I was lost). I may give it one more go, but I'm about ready to throw up my hands.

ps. thanks for the reply.

(in reply to tiredoftryingnames)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> modding question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI