Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PO reasonable fact simili of EA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> PO reasonable fact simili of EA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/16/2007 9:37:11 AM   
B/snafu

Is there any scenario out there that is similar to scope of europe aflame that can be played against the PO?? Is it even possible for elmer to function adequately in such a scenario--at least against a noob??

"How can you buy eggs in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa for five cents?? "
Post #: 1
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/16/2007 3:05:39 PM   
golden delicious

No, in short. Because of the way the PO works, it cannot cope with multiple fronts. When moving one formation, it doesn't consider the overall position. So it can't move mobile forces from place to place to react to crises in the way that a human player can.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to B/snafu)
Post #: 2
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/16/2007 5:23:32 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: B/snafu

Is there any scenario out there that is similar to scope of europe aflame that can be played against the PO?? Is it even possible for elmer to function adequately in such a scenario--at least against a noob??

See my "Germany 1945" scenario (there are two versions).

(in reply to B/snafu)
Post #: 3
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/16/2007 7:34:44 PM   
Veers

quote:

You could try Silvain/GD's Trotsky's War. It's been optimised for PO play and covers a fictional WWII where the Soviets attack the rest of Europe. Because of the more linear type of campaign that it is, the PO is able to play it.

To repeat history in a game is to be predictable.
If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.

(in reply to B/snafu)
Post #: 4
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/17/2007 5:10:36 AM   
B/snafu

Thanks guys for the answers and scenario suggestions. Going to give them a try until I get better at this to be able to jump into the pbem realm.

"How can you buy eggs in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa for five cents?? "

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 5
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/17/2007 8:45:54 AM   
Veers

quote:

Thanks guys for the answers and scenario suggestions. Going to give them a try until I get better at this to be able to jump into the pbem realm.

On that note, your best bet may just be to jump into a match of EA against a veteran player. You may get your rear kicked in, but if you find the right veteran, he'll b willing to teach you as you go along. You will certainly learn more form asking questions odf a real person than of asking questions of elmer.

If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.

(in reply to B/snafu)
Post #: 6
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/17/2007 10:19:59 AM   
Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veers
You could try Silvain/GD's Trotsky's War. It's been optimised for PO play and covers a fictional WWII where the Soviets attack the rest of Europe. Because of the more linear type of campaign that it is, the PO is able to play it.

We'd like to thank Radio Veers for promoting our product ;-)

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 7
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/17/2007 6:44:27 PM   
Veers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

quote:

We'd like to thank Radio Veers for promoting our product ;-)

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 8
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/19/2007 11:06:43 PM   
B/snafu

quote:

On that note, your best bet may just be to jump into a match of EA against a veteran player. You may get your rear kicked in, but if you find the right veteran, he'll b willing to teach you as you go along. You will certainly learn more form asking questions odf a real person than of asking questions of elmer.

Well, never played by pbem whatsoever in any game--so going to try to get someone here or at gamesquad to try taking on a beginner in a few short scenarios first so I can get used too pbem first. After that and the new workshop coming up---should be ready to jump into EA.

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 9
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/19/2007 11:25:45 PM   
Veers

quote:

quote:

Well, never played by pbem whatsoever in any game--so going to try to get someone here or at gamesquad to try taking on a beginner in a few short scenarios first so I can get used too pbem first. After that and the new workshop coming up---should be ready to jump into EA.

Good to hear.

(in reply to B/snafu)
Post #: 10
RE: PO reasonable fact simili of EA - 7/20/2007 2:01:14 AM   
L`zard

Should be even more ready to play after the next 'new players' workshop, eh?

Ralph should be bringing many new toys in the next patch, and methinx that will be what the next 'new players' will be all about,

< Message edited by L`zard -- 7/20/2007 2:52:06 AM >

"I have the brain of a genius, and the heart of a little child! I keep them in a jar under my bed."

(in reply to Veers)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> PO reasonable fact simili of EA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI