Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PC Gamer & SPW@W

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> PC Gamer & SPW@W Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PC Gamer & SPW@W - 9/8/2000 7:09:00 PM   
nigel mcloughlin

I read in one of these messages that there would be a version of SPw@W on Octobers CD. I have just been to the newsagent and Octobers Issue is on the shelf but there is no mention of it, also wasn't there supposed to be a review of a SPW@W scenario??. My question is: is the PC Gamer sold in the UK different to the US issue??if so how can I get a copy here in the UK?

Post #: 1
- 9/8/2000 7:15:00 PM   
Kharan

quote:

is the PC Gamer sold in the UK different to the US issue??
*Very* different . We'll probably see hell freeze over before PCG UK puts a 400 meg strategy game on it's cover cd .

(in reply to nigel mcloughlin)
Post #: 2
- 9/8/2000 7:24:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The US edition has a 2nd CD included with the game. The UK edition apparently does not.

Post #: 3
- 9/8/2000 9:27:00 PM   
Bill

I'm off to Canada next week, luckily my laptop goes with me, I presume they have the US Edition of PC Gamer? Bill

Post #: 4
- 9/8/2000 9:43:00 PM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Bill: I'm off to Canada next week, luckily my laptop goes with me, I presume they have the US Edition of PC Gamer? Bill
Hi Bill! Yes you are correct, we have the US Edition. Canuck from way up north. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

Post #: 5
- 9/8/2000 10:46:00 PM   
David Cox

I just recieved my US edition of PC Gamer for October and there is no SPW@W CD.

Post #: 6
- 9/8/2000 10:53:00 PM   
Major_Johnson

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: The US edition has a 2nd CD included with the game. The UK edition apparently does not.
Will Computer Gaming World have the same deal in their Dec issue that was mentioned in a previous thread?? ------------------ MJ We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

Post #: 7
- 9/9/2000 2:52:00 AM   
Deathwatcher

I just got US ddition it has the review of a mission and a mention in wargamer section but no CD

Post #: 8
- 9/9/2000 3:46:00 AM   
Moonwolf

quote:

Originally posted by Deathwatcher: I just got US edition it has the review of a mission and a mention in wargamer section but no CD
Same here . . . Only one CD, and it ain't got SPWAW on it. ------------------ Ed Mortimer Meglio un Giorno da Leone

Ed Mortimer Meglio un Giorno da Leone

Post #: 9
- 9/9/2000 4:10:00 AM   
McGib

Somebody screwed somewhere then. I just got the canuck edition of pc gamer and it has the sp:waw cd. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 10
- 9/9/2000 5:48:00 AM   
Von Rom

Maybe the SPWAW CD is only available in the newstand editions. I bought mine in Canada from the newstand and the CD is there ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

Post #: 11
- 9/9/2000 2:34:00 PM   
Randy

Hey guys I just bought the PC Gamer (I live in the Los Angeles area in California, USA) and it DID have the CD disk (there were two disks, one of the disks was the SPW@W) Also the mag had two articles by Col Trotter, regarding two of the scenarios (Corrigedor, and the Rangers at Anzio). Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 12
- 9/9/2000 4:27:00 PM   
Didactylos

quote:

Originally posted by nigel mcloughlin: I read in one of these messages that there would be a version of SPw@W on Octobers CD. I have just been to the newsagent and Octobers Issue is on the shelf but there is no mention of it, also wasn't there supposed to be a review of a SPW@W scenario??. My question is: is the PC Gamer sold in the UK different to the US issue??if so how can I get a copy here in the UK?
Oh dear, there's gonna be a lot of disappointed guys this side of the Atlantic then.....even a twelve hour downlaod for may ppl in UK and Europe is a nightmare when you are payign for it and tying up your phone line just to get the upgrade. I can help a few of you as I am downloading now and have a CD copier. Realistically we need some sort of pyramid method where eahc person who can easily get it will pass it on to a few others who in turn will pass it on to others.... Cheers Roger ------------------ "Do teachers go anywhere special when they die?" said Cohen. "I don't think so," said Mr Saveloy gloomily, wondering for a moment whether there really was a Great Free Period in the sky. It didn't sound very likely. Probably there would be some marking to do.

"Do teachers go anywhere special when they die?" said Cohen. "I don't think so," said Mr Saveloy gloomily, wondering for a moment whether there really was a Great Free Period in the sky. It didn't sound very likely. Probably there would be some marking to

Post #: 13
- 9/9/2000 11:49:00 PM   
Bonzo

Good day Didactylos. I think the idea of a peer-to-peer distribution net for the bandwidth impaired has merit. I'm currently downloading the full version (on a 56k modem) and am willing to burn & send a FEW copies (20 or so)for $0.00, ideally to individuals who intend to pass the game on. I wish I could do more, but I'm in a small town (<1500 people) in a remote area (nearest city - 480 km) dominated by a religious sect (unnamed) with a severe anti-technology bent (many do not even have TVs or telephones). I just bought up ALL the CD-R material to be found in town & after I take out the copies promised to friends (you'll get your copies guys), I'm left with about 20 disks. my DL manager, Net Vampire, says it will be another 48 hours before I'll have the beast. Please, do not post requests to this forum!!!! email me at: nwbattalion@icqmail.com or use the mail link at my site at: http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com/ I'll post a note here (probably in 5 minutes, judging from the demand) when I've got all the requests I can fill & I'll e-mail a note the few I can supply. all others, sorry in advance, but as stated, my resources are pitifully limited. Again,Please, do not post requests to this forum!!!! ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com nwbattalion@icqmail.com

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

Post #: 14
- 9/9/2000 11:56:00 PM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Bonzo: Good day Didactylos. I think the idea of a peer-to-peer distribution net for the bandwidth impaired has merit. I'm currently downloading the full version (on a 56k modem) and am willing to burn & send a FEW copies (20 or so)for $0.00, ideally to individuals who intend to pass the game on. I wish I could do more, but I'm in a small town (<1500 people) in a remote area (nearest city - 480 km) dominated by a religious sect (unnamed) with a severe anti-technology bent (many do not even have TVs or telephones). I just bought up ALL the CD-R material to be found in town & after I take out the copies promised to friends (you'll get your copies guys), I'm left with about 20 disks. my DL manager, Net Vampire, says it will be another 48 hours before I'll have the beast.Please, do not post requests to this forum!!!! email me at: nwbattalion@icqmail.com or use the mail link at my site at: http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com/ I'll post a note here (probably in 5 minutes, judging from the demand) when I've got all the requests I can fill & I'll e-mail a note the few I can supply. all others, sorry in advance, but as stated, my resources are pitifully limited. Again,Please, do not post requests to this forum!!!!
Hi Folks! Now that's what make this forum different from the others. Always someone to go out of their way to help a fellow gamer in distress Way to go Bonz! Welcome aboard my friend. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com [This message has been edited by Tankhead (edited September 09, 2000).]

Tankhead

Post #: 15
- 9/10/2000 12:04:00 AM   
Bonzo

Thank Tankhead. and as I said, YOU'LL GET YOUR COPY. Actually the download speed has picked up since my last post & I may have it sometime Sunday. ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com nwbattalion@icqmail.com

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

Post #: 16
- 9/10/2000 3:03:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Good man, Robert. Your kindness is appreciated even by though of us who will not prevail upon you....Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 17
- 9/10/2000 3:59:00 AM   
Von Rom

William Trotter from PC Gamer has three pages in the current issue devoted to two battles he played with SPWAW version 3.0: Cisterna and Corrigedor. They are very nicely written and were an excellent read. Wild Bill was also quoted in the magazine (way to go WB) Personally, Trotter is one of the main reasons why I buy and read PC Gamer. Maybe a kind email to him, will let him know how much we appreciate the work he has done on behalf of wargamers. He can be reached at: William R. Trotter Desktop General desktopgeneral@pcgamer.com ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge... [This message has been edited by Von Rom (edited September 09, 2000).]

Post #: 18
- 9/10/2000 8:35:00 AM   
Bonzo

Just a note to say that I still have a number of CD-R's of the complete game unspoken for. I'll start a new thread for people offering to burn the game for people to post an offer. Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Post #: 19
- 9/10/2000 8:35:00 AM   
Bonzo

Just a note to say that I still have a number of CD-R's of the complete game unspoken for. I'll start a new thread for people offering to burn the game for people to post an offer. Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Post #: 20
- 9/10/2000 9:53:00 AM   
Rhone

I got my PC Gamer in the mail today (should be my last one before the subscription is over) and it had two articles on SPWAW, 1 CD with the same ole boring demos, and a big friggin rip in the plastic where somebody must've grabbed my SPWAW CD....oh well!

Post #: 21
- 9/10/2000 6:44:00 PM   
nigel mcloughlin

Hi Rodger, If you can let me have a copy I can burn a few CD's at work and then distribute them out to the needy this side of the Atlantic Nigel ;-)

Post #: 22
- 9/10/2000 7:32:00 PM   
Didactylos

quote:

Originally posted by nigel mcloughlin: Hi Rodger, If you can let me have a copy I can burn a few CD's at work and then distribute them out to the needy this side of the Atlantic Nigel ;-)
I've e-mailed Nigel to say I'll do this, so the process begins i hope Roger

"Do teachers go anywhere special when they die?" said Cohen. "I don't think so," said Mr Saveloy gloomily, wondering for a moment whether there really was a Great Free Period in the sky. It didn't sound very likely. Probably there would be some marking to

Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> PC Gamer & SPW@W Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI