Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Player edit issues and another request for expansion improvement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Player edit issues and another request for expansion improvement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Player edit issues and another request for expansion im... - 7/26/2007 2:45:14 AM   
renojedi

Sorry, this may be redundant as I posted them before. I reposted them on my puresimmers page, but Shaun suggested I post them here.

First, for frame of reference, the way I play the game is to do a expansion draft work around. I replace one team in the current (2006 for now) MLB association, and then move players from other teams to the team I replaced (for which I edit the name to something else).

1. When I used the "edit bio" feature to move the player, his college disapears. Is there a way for a player to input the college? I don't see the option under the edit bio feature either from the roster management or the players feature. And if I create a player, the option isn't there so all created players have bogus colleges.

2. When I use the edit feature, sometimes the hometown will change to something else and his old hometown may not be a drop down choice. Since this only occurs sometimes, I'll approach it form this angle as well--I like to create guys from the Japanese leagues. Unfortuantely, I have a hard time finding the appropriate hometown. Again, can a change be made so the player can simply input the name rather than use a drop down menu? Anyone not from a big city will have this problem.

3. When editing a team in the edit region/finances tab, there is no way to change the state of the previous team. So if I change the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Vancouver Sea Dogs and list "British Columbia" as the region, the team management screen says:

Vancouver Sea Dogs -- Front Office Summary
(British Columbia, CA)

Just little tweaks but I hope they can be made.

I'll also make another quick plea for a real expansion mode where the player can take charge of the team, make the draft picks, and enter the current MLB association as an additonal team (i.e. not having to replace a team as I do now). That way I won;t have to do all these workarounds

Thanks.

Keith

Check out my blog for our local independent league team:

http://renosilversox.blogspot.com

Post #: 1
RE: Player edit issues and another request for expansio... - 7/26/2007 3:00:53 AM   
PadresFan104

Nice blog! ROTC Drill instructor huh? Oh man, I'm having some really bad flashbacks to NROTC. Ugh...

PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods

(in reply to renojedi)
Post #: 2
RE: Player edit issues and another request for expansio... - 7/26/2007 3:24:14 AM   
renojedi

It's a kinder, gentler army now. Plus we work with college kids so we can't be too rough

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Player edit issues and another request for expansion improvement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI