Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Funny AI presents Royal Navy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Funny AI presents Royal Navy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Funny AI presents Royal Navy - 7/27/2007 12:21:03 AM   
Bigfish

Playing Axis side with FoW and Oil Consumption, Balance is even.

It is mid 43 and war in Russia still goes on, my troops far away from Moscow but Italian Africa Corps just captured all the Cuacasian oil fields after doing the same with Perisa. German Corps captured Maikop and Crosny. USSR do not defend any of the russian oil. I think they do this because they do not have enough troops and there is heavy fighting at the frontline form Voronesh to Smolensk.

In 42 my troops captured the british isle so there could happens a real funny story at Scapa Flow! A few turns ago i sacrifice most of my german and italian subs and battleships near icland doing a heavy fight about an ussr convoy. After the sea fight numerous allied ships heavly damaged moves to Scapa Flow for repairing because this british port is still owned by the allies.

All those major warships placed around the port waiting for other ships to finish the refitting i could sunk two carriers two battleships and two destroyer turn by turn with my air and a infantry corps near the port. The british fleet is no longer but the us fleet is still a real problem.

Also there is one big problem playing the axis side: I need oil, i need oil, i need oil. The most time my air and armoured forces can't fight beacuse out of oil. Ok i knew i schould not buy so many air and armoured but because my research is just fine this forces are realy useful. Some turns ago i destroyed three ussr armoured corps in each case with only one of my armoured corps having a chance of 35:1 (!). Yes this is funny Even when there is a new ussr armoured corps it is destroyed right the next turn.

< Message edited by Bigfish -- 7/27/2007 12:22:40 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Funny AI presents Royal Navy - 7/27/2007 4:55:40 AM   
Chris Bisson

Maybe next time send a German unit along with the Italians to let him land on the oilfield and then the Germans can use it.

(in reply to Bigfish)
Post #: 2
RE: Funny AI presents Royal Navy - 7/27/2007 5:14:37 AM   
targul

Glad to hear you need oil. You should you should you should.

Too bad the AI isnt working in the South or you would still not have any oil. But then the oil gods I hear dont let you run on that little you can get from the Russians, Iran and Iraqis. Thanks to the Oil Gods. Lights them a candle.

Jim

Cant we just get along.
Hell no I want to kill something!

1st Cav Div 66-69 5th Special Forces 70-73

(in reply to Bigfish)
Post #: 3
RE: Funny AI presents Royal Navy - 7/30/2007 10:31:16 PM   
dennisb55

It doesn't matter which country in a faction captures oil. It is treated as a single resource for all countries in that faction.

(in reply to Chris Bisson)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Funny AI presents Royal Navy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI