Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

air transported HQ gained silly amounts of supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> air transported HQ gained silly amounts of supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
air transported HQ gained silly amounts of supply - 7/29/2007 2:19:11 PM   
tabpub

Had a Chinese Hq that was airtransported; the supply carried by the unit went from normal amounts to over 40k.
Can supply pbem saves as allied for the before and after periods, if needed.
Anyone else ever see something along these lines?

Sing to the tune of "Man on the Flying Trapeze"
..Oh! We fly o'er the treetops with inches to spare,
There's smoke in the cockpit and gray in my hair.
The tracers look fine as a strafin' we go.
But, brother, we're TOO God damn low...
Post #: 1
RE: air transported HQ gained silly amounts of supply - 7/29/2007 7:29:41 PM   
rtrapasso

i haven't heard of this...did the supplies (apparently) spontaneously appear, or did you notice them coming from somewhere in particular?

You can send the saved turns to rtrapasso @ gmail.com (no spaces) - nonfinalized turns is best. If it is PBEM i will need PWs, etc. (have your opponent send to me directly if you would.)

Give details as to scenario, mod, version of witp used (i.e. 1.806?) and where the bug occurred.

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 2
RE: air transported HQ gained silly amounts of supply - 7/29/2007 10:56:03 PM   
tabpub

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

i haven't heard of this...did the supplies (apparently) spontaneously appear, or did you notice them coming from somewhere in particular?

You can send the saved turns to rtrapasso @ gmail.com (no spaces) - nonfinalized turns is best. If it is PBEM i will need PWs, etc. (have your opponent send to me directly if you would.)

Give details as to scenario, mod, version of witp used (i.e. 1.806?) and where the bug occurred.

Appeared spontaneous; no bases seemed to be drained and this would have been easy to see, as the amount of supplies were about 1/3 of all in China.
Scen 15; stock; 1.806

edited to say----crap. I keep 12 days of saves and evidently we have progressed past the point when they loaded on the transports; Y'Force is already at the final destination and marching in my oldest save.
Here was the scenario:
1. Y'Force in Canton, China; HQ needed in north, so it was marched to Changsha
2. Transport Group of 64 Dakotas in Homan started "picking up" them when they arrived.
3. When all arrived in Homan, started normal "troop transport" to Yenen.

Didn't notice the supply overage until they arrrived at Yenen when I checked unit screen to see what fatigue that they had accumulated. The other strange thing was that the supplies in the unit did not "migrate" to the base while it was sitting there for some period of time; normally, in situations where units have extra supplies I see them transferred to the base upon arrival.

I can try to do the same with another unit and keep track to see if I can replicate it; will take some time as the transports have moved on to another assignment, will have to wait for the right time in the game situation.

< Message edited by tabpub -- 7/29/2007 11:11:44 PM >

Sing to the tune of "Man on the Flying Trapeze"
..Oh! We fly o'er the treetops with inches to spare,
There's smoke in the cockpit and gray in my hair.
The tracers look fine as a strafin' we go.
But, brother, we're TOO God damn low...

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3
RE: air transported HQ gained silly amounts of supply - 7/29/2007 11:30:31 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: tabpub

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Appeared spontaneous; no bases seemed to be drained and this would have been easy to see, as the amount of supplies were about 1/3 of all in China.
Scen 15; stock; 1.806

edited to say----crap. I keep 12 days of saves and evidently we have progressed past the point when they loaded on the transports; Y'Force is already at the final destination and marching in my oldest save.
Here was the scenario:
1. Y'Force in Canton, China; HQ needed in north, so it was marched to Changsha
2. Transport Group of 64 Dakotas in Homan started "picking up" them when they arrived.
3. When all arrived in Homan, started normal "troop transport" to Yenen.

Didn't notice the supply overage until they arrrived at Yenen when I checked unit screen to see what fatigue that they had accumulated. The other strange thing was that the supplies in the unit did not "migrate" to the base while it was sitting there for some period of time; normally, in situations where units have extra supplies I see them transferred to the base upon arrival.

I can try to do the same with another unit and keep track to see if I can replicate it; will take some time as the transports have moved on to another assignment, will have to wait for the right time in the game situation.

OK - let me know if and when you can get to a reasonable duplication.

(in reply to tabpub)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> air transported HQ gained silly amounts of supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI