Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

End of Turn Conditions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> End of Turn Conditions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
End of Turn Conditions - 7/31/2007 9:12:14 PM   
lojishen

In the Manual it states:

"The mean remaining Movement Allowance of your entire Force is too small to allow for successful exploitation of your Attacks; i.e., an average of less than 20% of the Movement Points remaining among the units involved in the last series of Attacks."

The two parts of this sentence don't agree. The first states it is the mean remaining movement of the ENTIRE force, while the clause following the i.e. references remaining movement among those units involved in the last series of attacks. Which is it?

The reason I ask is I was thinking it was the former, thus I wouldn't move my non-attacking reserves their full movement point as I didn't want to raise the mean remaining movement of my force, thus causing an early turn end. This is a real pain as you have to go back and move them over and over throughout the turn. However, if it is only looking at those units that just attacked, then I should be able to move my non-attacking reserves their full movement allowance during the first round with no detrimental effects to me.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

lojishen
Post #: 1
RE: End of Turn Conditions - 7/31/2007 11:08:14 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: lojishen

In the Manual it states:

"The mean remaining Movement Allowance of your entire Force is too small to allow for successful exploitation of your Attacks; i.e., an average of less than 20% of the Movement Points remaining among the units involved in the last series of Attacks."

The two parts of this sentence don't agree. The first states it is the mean remaining movement of the ENTIRE force, while the clause following the i.e. references remaining movement among those units involved in the last series of attacks. Which is it?

The reason I ask is I was thinking it was the former, thus I wouldn't move my non-attacking reserves their full movement point as I didn't want to raise the mean remaining movement of my force, thus causing an early turn end. This is a real pain as you have to go back and move them over and over throughout the turn. However, if it is only looking at those units that just attacked, then I should be able to move my non-attacking reserves their full movement allowance during the first round with no detrimental effects to me.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

lojishen

Strike the word "entire" from the sentence. If I ever get a chance to have Matrix re-edit the manual, we'll have to try and remember to correct that. Thanks.

(in reply to lojishen)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> End of Turn Conditions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI