Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How Does This Work????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> How Does This Work???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How Does This Work???? - 8/3/2007 9:31:49 AM   
grog45

I have only played 13 games of my season but would like to know how the below items work:

1. I have only 8 teams in my league (4 EAST and 4 WEST).
How will the playoffs work for that????

2. It says I'm currently playing the 2006 which is fine but what happens at the end of the
season???? Can I start the 2007 season right away and will it generate a completely
different schedule????

Also, Hank Aaron is off to a GREAT START (14 AT BATS/0 HITS/6 STRIKEOUTS)

THANKS!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: How Does This Work???? - 8/3/2007 4:52:28 PM   
Bustoff

Relax, grog 45. With 4 teams in each league, you'll no doubt have a World Series at the end of the regular season. Just like in real life, best of 7 takes home the trophy. PS then hands out the awards (MVP, Gold Glove, etc.), updates the record books, and does some other database house-keeping as well. As GM, you will need to decide at this time who to offer contract extensions to and who you want to release...there is a quick link to the contract status page to help you do this.

Over the winter, you can fill any vacancies created by releases, retirements, etc, by making offers to players you would like to have. This takes some time, but it's a lot of fun, and you can't always get who you want because some other team may outbid you. (If you're not paying salaries, you won't have to go through this.)

One item that takes a pretty good while is the updating of the HTML almanac; fortunately Shaun has made this optional, so feel free to skip it. PS goes through some database updating/ranking of players, etc. Spring training is simulated, and shortly after that, the new season starts. I'm not sure if the schedule would be different than the previous year's schedule, but I sort of think it is.

Your association is relatively small, so all of this activity will take a relatively short time. Larger associations often take up significantly more time to get it all done. Still, be patient--PS will get-r-done all in good time. It's fun and interesting to watch it all happen.

Maybe you could start up another "fake" 8-team association with a customized schedule of, say, 40 games, and autosim a season to familiarize yourself with the end-of-season processes. Then just delete the "fake" association when it's done.

I hope this helps. As for Hammerin' Hank...I dunno what to suggest. Give him a couple days rest and have the batting coach work with him on his stance. He'll come around.

< Message edited by Bustoff -- 8/3/2007 4:56:09 PM >

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 2
RE: How Does This Work???? - 8/4/2007 2:58:14 AM   
grog45

Thanks for the reply!!!! Its greatly appreciated!!!! For your info, I only have 8 teams. One team consists of the best players to have played on the Padres, one team consists of not so good Padre players and the rest of the 6 teams consist of the best players from now adays, olden days, the Negro League and I even created myself, my brother, my mom and step-father to play on a team as well. I think, for me anyway, its more fun just to have 8 teams with great players instead of all the teams with great and so-so players.
THANKS AGAIN!!!!

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> How Does This Work???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI