Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Naval Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Problems - 8/4/2007 6:18:04 PM   
jcrohio

I am still not getting this whole naval thing - playing the CP - tried to transfer 7 ships to Rostock - have tried this twice - ran into the British navy both times (have read the other post so I know about the Kiel Canal issue) - first time had a relatively major battle and suffered some damage - second time minor battle and no to little damage - neither time did I make it to Rostock - any ideas?

Also - if a ship has any damage is it unavailable for missions? - this seems to be happening to me

Also - on my Natianal Status Screen I am picking up 10 Resource Materials from trade - I have two transports in the Baltic (which I have never managed to control as I cannot get my ships to Rostock) and three transports in the North Atlantic (which I have never even tried to control assuming it would be always controlled by the British - do have three u boats there) - is this where my 10 Resources from Trade are coming from? - if so how? as I have no control over these areas

I think this is all
Thanks in advance
Jack
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Problems - 8/4/2007 6:33:34 PM   
sol_invictus

I have always battled with the RN when trying to Rebase to Rostock, but have always ended up in Rostock there after the battle.

Damaged ships must be repaired before they can perform missions.

You don't have to control sea zones to receive Trade Resources from what I have seen, but you do need contol in order to Amphibious Assault and Transfer War Materials through the zone.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Problems - 8/5/2007 4:57:31 AM   
FrankHunter

The transfer from Wilhelmshaven to Rostock has been fixed in the first patch.

And yes that would be where your trade is coming from.  As long as your transports can survive they will bring in trade.

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Problems - 8/5/2007 7:48:12 AM   
randell765

I would like to ask how you got that extra transport(I believe germany starts out with four), or did you just create an extra one?

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval Problems - 8/5/2007 4:20:49 PM   
jcrohio

randell765

Not having a clue as to what I was doing (this being my first game) I started of buying an extra transport and uboat. Why? I think I had read somewhere that you should do this. Would I do it again? The naval situation I almost totally ignored in my first game (mostly because I just did not get the naval game - I am currently playing hotseat and just manipulating the navies to see what I can and cannot do). I think it cost me a lot of Resource Materials. I am getting ready to start a new game. Will I do it again? A lot will depend on what I find out from messing with the navies in hotseat, but probably yes.

Hope this helps

Jack

(in reply to randell765)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Naval Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI