Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: JTCS Unit Viewer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: JTCS Unit Viewer Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 1/24/2016 6:04:26 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: carl11

ah, so, in the wf folder is should look like this-

East Front=
West Front=Z:\Trajans Market\Home Old gaming Comp\Matrix East-West\West Front
Rising Sun=

?

Yes, that should do it. Then entries to EF and RS as well. Let us know if you got it working or not!

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 151
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 9/8/2016 10:34:56 PM   
XLVIIIPzKorp

I'm gonna quote Big Ivan on this and ask the same question. How does one set the viewer to be used with the many CS mods we have available? I have been able to "kind of" do it by temporarily renaming the dir of my target mod to "West Front". This has allowed me to view units however country names are not valid, it's just an ugly work around. I have put path statements in the settings text file (see pic) but still no success. I'm assuming it can work for the mods, just can't figure out how to do it without renaming directories to "fool" the viewer. Any help appreciated. Viewer version 2.1.1.41349

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

Hey Mike,

Is this doable with the Korean War, Cold War and K-Talan mods for CS? For that matter the old Divided Ground too?
I got it working great with EF/WF/RS and CSME but never tried it with the other 3 mods.

John

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 152
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 9/9/2016 8:29:04 AM   
Crossroads

This is a question for Arkady really, as he only knows the exact internal workings of his Unit Viewer.

I have a hunch it might be the supported country codes are hardcoded even, so you would be out of luck with that. However, if the said mods use existing nation IDs then maybe something what you did there would work, but you'd have to have a separate UnitViewer install with a separate settings.txt, and you'd need to name Cold War -> West Front and Korea -> Rising Sun I believe, then point to these folders instead.

Unit Viewer would then have wrong country names, but at least show the contents.

I am totally guessing here though

Mike can perhaps confirm which base games are the basis for these mods.

(in reply to XLVIIIPzKorp)
Post #: 153
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 12/11/2016 12:39:42 AM   
demyansk

My unit viewer doesn't work. When I press f3 it's blank.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 154
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 12/11/2016 7:42:27 AM   
Crossroads

Demjansk, what is the content of your settings.txt, located in the Unit Viewer folder? See my earlier post:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Carl11, try putting the absolute paths to the settings.txt in the orginal folder.

Mine is:

East Front=C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\East Front
West Front=C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\West Front
Rising Sun=C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\Rising Sun
Middle East=C:\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East

Then, for easy access, copy a Shortcut of CS_UnitViewer.exe to your Desktop for easy access.

Then, the CS_UnitViewer would pop up, and be able to point to all of your games.

Hope this helps. Let me know!

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 155
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 12/11/2016 12:29:10 PM   
demyansk

This is what mine says

East Front=..\East Front
West Front=..\West Front
Rising Sun=..\Rising Sun

What should I do next?

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 156
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 12/11/2016 12:55:24 PM   
carll11

I solved my Viewer issue by accident.

It never was the paths ( which crossroads described exactly above and are correct btw), it was the fact that I use desktop gadgets, one of which is a cpu/ram usage tracker.

One day shortly after the exchange back in sept. I discovered that my cpu usage was spiking for no reason, I did some digging and found out that a Service in windows called -
"Windows Management Instrumentation" can become a resource hog (for no particular reason mind you, thats just windows I guess).

So I tunred it off. Turning it off did not appear to impact crucial windows operating processes,it controls a number of peripheral processes, so I went into services and disabled it, then discovered that my gadget would not start when I had disabled Windows Management Instrumentation, ergo there is some type of prgm./graphic protocol Windows Management Instrumentation does run in some circumstances.

When I started it, my gadget would operate.......since I virtually never have to restart my gadgets because I always hibernate my computer I never realized that it could or was impacting something in a game...............

I thought about that and said what the heck, and turned Windows Management Instrumentation back on, opened ME ran a scenario hit F3 and presto, it was working!

I am not sure if this will help, but I'd thought I'd share my experience.....

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 157
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 12/11/2016 1:15:36 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

This is what mine says

East Front=..\East Front
West Front=..\West Front
Rising Sun=..\Rising Sun

What should I do next?

Where is your Unit Viewer located? Mine is at C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\Tools\JTCS_UnitViewer

That would mean the relative path would be ..\..\East Front and so forth.

To make sure, I'd probably try absolute paths next, ie full paths like what I have in my settings.txt.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 158
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 12/11/2016 1:30:35 PM   
demyansk

I am still not getting this, when I click on my unit with F3, the unit viewer shows up but the information area is all blank. In CSME it shows the unit information. Let me look at the setting for csme and maybe just copy that?

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 159
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 12/11/2016 1:58:02 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

I am still not getting this, when I click on my unit with F3, the unit viewer shows up but the information area is all blank. In CSME it shows the unit information. Let me look at the setting for csme and maybe just copy that?

I am not at my computer at the moment so can't check this, but as far as I recall the Unit Viewer integration (unit viewer is a community tool by Arkady) was only done with CS:ME. I am not sure it is supposed to have the activated unit when called from JTCS, just that it opens. I might be wrong though.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 160
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 12/11/2016 2:42:04 PM   
demyansk

Oh, When the unit viewer opens I have to click on the game ie East Front and then scroll down to the Nationality and then scroll again to look for the unit. It doesn't come up like it does in the Middle East game.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 161
RE: JTCS Unit Viewer - 12/11/2016 2:52:25 PM   
Crossroads

^^ Exactly, I believe that's CSME only,

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 162
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: JTCS Unit Viewer Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI