Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions - 8/5/2007 9:03:07 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

I know someone's brought this up before, but as Shaun's "on a roll", I'd love to resurface this so that it can get the attention it deserves...

I've noticed this as far back as I can remember, though with my memory, that could be about 6 minutes ago. Anyway, Puresim's AI has always taken it upon itself to promote and demote players during the offseason. I'm not sure why it does this, or what it bases its decisions on, and frankly I don't care-- I simply want it to stop. As you can see from the attached screenprint, the AI sent down and called up at least 5 players without my authorization or approval. Of the 5 players it sent down to the minors: 1 (Haag) has been my starting catcher for the last 5 years and has done a fine job at it - 1 (Salazar) is a backup infielder who didn't get much play time, but I still need him in the bigs - 2 (Boyer, Nesbitt) are pitchers that I called up from the minors in the offseason - finally, 1 (Huff) just came off a 7-month stint on the DL but is my #5 pticher.

What bugs me is that now I have to go into each of those 11 players and put them back where they were. To top it off, only 2 of the 6 that he called up are, in my opinion, big league material. What gives? This isn't a throw-away-in-the-trash worthy issue, but it's clearly (1) unnecessary and (2) one hell of a neiussance. Any help available?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 8/5/2007 9:05:03 PM >

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean
Post #: 1
RE: Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions - 8/6/2007 8:50:52 PM   
grog45

I have it selected so that the computer can't call up or demote any of my players during the season.
Are you saying that once the season ends that selection doesn't apply anymore and the computer
does whatever it wants in sending players down or calling them up????

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 2
RE: Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions - 8/6/2007 11:25:01 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Well, I haven't found a universal setting that prevents this; and I am not about to go into all of my players to prevent them from being moved-- especially since this typically applies to games that are simmed. I GBG manage all of my games and I want NOTHING done unless I do it; there is no setting that I have found which prevents the AI from moving these people.

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 3
RE: Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions - 8/6/2007 11:28:51 PM   
grog45

Thanks for your info!!!! Since I only have 8 teams I setup each player so that the computer can't demote and promote players to the minors. I always manage one of the 2 teams playing in the game.

Post #: 4
RE: Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions - 8/7/2007 3:09:59 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frozen Stiffer

Well, I haven't found a universal setting that prevents this; and I am not about to go into all of my players to prevent them from being moved-- especially since this typically applies to games that are simmed. I GBG manage all of my games and I want NOTHING done unless I do it; there is no setting that I have found which prevents the AI from moving these people.

Are you running in "Unattended Auto Play Mode?" If so the comp takes over for everyone. I can't seem to duplicate this issue, so maybe I am missing something?

Developer, PureSim Baseball

Post #: 5
RE: Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions - 8/7/2007 6:57:32 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Negative, sir. In fact, I don't believe I've ever used that function. I've managed all games. I'd be happy to diagnose the problem with you and troubleshoot it however you think may work...

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 8/7/2007 6:58:35 AM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 6
RE: Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions - 8/7/2007 7:16:42 AM   
DonBraswell

I see the same thing. After the drafts and spring training. The AI reassigns players to and from the minors and majors.
Don

Post #: 7
RE: Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions - 8/7/2007 2:58:50 PM   
puresimmer

Thanks guys, I will have a look.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Unauthorized Promotions & Demotions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI