Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Starting Pitcher Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Starting Pitcher Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Starting Pitcher Problem - 8/6/2007 6:09:34 PM   
grog45

I have 8 teams in my league and just got done playing my first 3 games for all the teams.
I don't know why its doing this but the computer controlled team is using the starter that
pitched the first game of the season instead of using the fourth starter of his 5 man rotation to
pitch the fourth game.
I looked at the other starters for the 4th game and its only doing this for one of the teams.
Can someone tell me why its doing this????
I figured out how to fix this by taking control of that computer controlled team, selecting the 4th starter for the 4th game then switching back to human control for the other team its playing. I
shouldn't have to do this because I have the starting pitchers locked in their roles so that the computer can't change that but it can still change what pitcher pitches the next game.

< Message edited by grog45 -- 8/6/2007 6:19:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Starting Pitcher Problem - 8/7/2007 3:11:34 AM   
puresimmer

Hmm. I have not seen this. What version are you running?

Can I reproduce it simply by starting an 8 team fictional league and see this happen, or is it a one-off case? Thanks!

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 2
RE: Starting Pitcher Problem - 8/7/2007 9:32:34 AM   
grog45

I'm running the latest version with the latest patch (1.63). LIke I said, I just started my second set of 3 games and I only noticed this on 1 of my 8 teams. Its not big problem but I'm going to have to pay close attention and make
sure all 5 pitchers in my rotation get to pitch.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: Starting Pitcher Problem - 8/7/2007 2:56:30 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: grog45

I'm running the latest version with the latest patch (1.63). LIke I said, I just started my second set of 3 games and I only noticed this on 1 of my 8 teams. Its not big problem but I'm going to have to pay close attention and make
sure all 5 pitchers in my rotation get to pitch.

Actually if it is doing this it sounds like a big problem to me. What is your association configuration? I'll set one up and try it out.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to grog45)
Post #: 4
RE: Starting Pitcher Problem - 8/7/2007 10:34:23 PM   
grog45

I can't remember exactally how I set this up because it was awhile ago.
I tried to look for the info in the game but can't seem to find it anywhere.
SORRY!!!!
It did it a second time!!!!
I better keep a really close tab on this. For some reason the computer keeps wanting to use the pitcher that pitched the first game of the season in the fourth game as well!!!!
Now, this is really making me mad!!!! I went to change the starting pitcher for the fourth game
for the computers team and when I looked at the upcoming games it showed the starter that I selected but when I went to play the game it was changed back to the pitcher that pitched the first game.
I think it may have changed it because after I changed the pitcher I exited the game.
I will see what happens if I don't do that.
Well, I found out that the only way I can keep the change is to quick load the game, assign the computers team to a human, make the starting pitcher change, click on main, quick load the game again,
switch the team I want to manage back to human control, click on main then quick load the game again.
If I don't go through all these steps it will say that the starting pitcher was changed when you review the upcoming games but once you start the game it reverts back to the computer's original starting pitcher choice.
This is a really involved process just to get the right pitcher to pitcher.
I give up!!!! I thought I had it figured out but the computer keeps changing the pitcher!!!! I hate keep having to bring up the task manager to end the process for the PureSim Baseball game everytime the wrong pitcher is pitching.
I can't seem to get the right combination of moves to get the right starting pitcher for the computer team. It takes me at least 45 minutes or more to get the starting pitcher correct but the next time I try using the way I got it to work it doesn't.
I love this game but if there is no fix for this problem then I must uninstall it!!!!!!!

< Message edited by grog45 -- 8/8/2007 2:19:03 AM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Starting Pitcher Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI