Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Patch... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch... - 8/8/2007 10:28:59 PM   
LeBlaque

May I pretty please ask when the next patch will be released? I have 12 points as Union in a e-mail game and have captured 6 CSA capitals with no victory points awarded for such. Will the patch fix a game in progress? By my count, I "officially won." Damn opponent won't surrender.... LOL

Regards,

LeBlaque
Post #: 1
RE: Patch... - 8/9/2007 1:36:12 AM   
cesteman

I'll leave this question to Gil R or eric. Don't give up hope.

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch... - 8/9/2007 2:42:01 AM   
Johnus

Got that beat. In a solitaire game as USA, I took 17 points worth of confederate cities and only got one (1) victory point for cities (all cities taken via "normal siege"). I added up points on my own and once I got 24 points I declared my own victory.

I understand this is fixed in the next patch, whenever that is issued.

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 3
RE: Patch... - 8/9/2007 3:11:45 AM   
ericbabe

The fix may not retroactively award points.  We're testing a version that is a release candidate for the next patch -- it's hard to say exactly when we'll get the requisite amount of testing finished, but hopefully it won't be too much longer.

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 4
RE: Patch... - 8/16/2007 8:01:36 PM   
tedbert86

While we are waiting for the patch is there a way to go into a game save file and manually edit it to give ourselves the VP we should have been awarded? If so can we open the file up with a text editor/xml editor or do you guys have a special application for reading and writing that file apart from the game itself? If so can I get a copy of that application? Also, could you please clarify how the VP for city capture are awarded, e.g. 1 VP if population < 6, 2 VP if pop >6, +1 if state capital, are VP awarded turn of capture or turn after capture or do you have wait until unrest clears, etc., basically everything I would need to know to manually keep track of the VP. I am itching to play a new game, but know I will get frustrated with the bug if I do not have a work around. Will the AI shift Confederate forces out of the James River to defend the rest of the Confederacy if it looks like they are going to lose in terms of VP because of city captures elsewhere?

As a separate question, can you release the patch as a Beta and use at our own risk to us before it is officially released?

Thanks.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 5
RE: Patch... - 8/19/2007 6:46:47 AM   
sirduke_slith

As response  to  the victory  point problem, not everybody who bought the game modds files including myself.

(in reply to tedbert86)
Post #: 6
RE: Patch... - 8/19/2007 10:25:07 PM   
Gil R.

I've no clue how to edit the files, and Eric is out of town.

I don't think there will be a need for public beta, though I don't rule out a need for further tweaks once a lot more of you are playing the changed version of the game. Still, we might consider it if our testing team reaches no definitive conclusions on certain changes.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to sirduke_slith)
Post #: 7
RE: Patch... - 10/21/2007 4:23:25 AM   
Moltke71

Was that the last patch? If not, what's the ETA on the next? I'm reviewing and want to do the latest and greatest.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: Patch... - 10/21/2007 9:23:06 AM   
Gil R.

Jim,
We're currently testing internally a patch that has been changed as per the feedback we received on this public beta. It looks like we're pretty close to having it right, though one more pesky bug needs to be stamped out once and for all. We'll probably have a few days of public beta-testing with what we expect to be the final version of the new patch, just to make sure that no problems were missed in our internal testing.

While I've learned never to make concrete predictions, it does look like the official version of the patch is close to seeing the light of day.

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 10/21/2007 9:26:31 AM >

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Patch... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI