Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: JTCS - Comments & Suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: JTCS - Comments & Suggestions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: JTCS - Comments & Suggestions - 8/12/2007 8:30:26 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoMc67

How is it you can change the movement values ? 
Do you mean changing the APs from 100 to say something like 75, which will in turn give me the slower speeds I am looking for.
If so, then yes that would be my other and simpler option.  

No, I mean editing the platoon files to have the speeds and firing costs that are more to your liking.

This requires decryption and encryption of the platoonXX.oob files and is time consuming, considering you would have to do it for all relevent units. But can be done if you so desire.

Again, I must repeat, that you will not be able to play other human opponents if you alter your platoonXX.oob files. But if you are playing strictly against the AI, tis all good.

Jason Petho

(in reply to JoMc67)
Post #: 31
RE: JTCS - Comments & Suggestions - 8/12/2007 9:14:25 AM   
JoMc67

No, I mean editing the platoon files to have the speeds and firing costs that are more to your liking.

Ok that is what I meant, to try and change the speeds of units.
Probably wont go and change anything yet since I am somewhat computer illeterate and dont want to mess with files. When I am ready to take up the challenge I know where to come back for help.
I Think for now I am happy to just change the AP cost of all units, however it will be alittle more difficult to find human opponents who will share the same views as myself.

< Message edited by JoMc67 -- 8/12/2007 6:04:47 PM >

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 32
RE: JTCS - Comments & Suggestions - 8/12/2007 7:23:48 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoMc67

Ok that is what I meant, to try and change the speeds of units.
Probably wont go and change anything yet since I am somewhat computer illeterate and dont want to mess with files. When I am ready to take up the challenge I know where to come back for help.
I Think for now I am happy to just change the AP cost of all units, however it will be alittle more difficult to find human opponents who will share the same views as myself.

That is the kicker, yes, finding opponents that have the same views as yourself.

Jason Petho

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 8/12/2007 7:25:38 PM >

(in reply to JoMc67)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: JTCS - Comments & Suggestions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI