Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ETA on expansion pack?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> ETA on expansion pack? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 6:39:57 AM   
michaelincolorado

anything you guys produce I will buy... when will the expansion pack be aimed for as a release date roughly? And what will be in it?

Thanks for the game, the support and any info on futures.

Michael
Post #: 1
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 6:49:05 AM   
Gil R.

I learned from our omnibus patch of Jan.-May 2007 not to make predictions of when something will be released, but I will say that it will not be this year, since we're first going to work on "Crown of Glory." We're aiming at early next year for "Return of FOF" (or, if you prefer, "Revenge of FOF," "Bride of FOF," "Son of FOF," "FOF Strikes Back," "The Jeffersons"), and are only now starting to collect all of the ideas we and you guys have had (especially in the Wish List thread), and then will whittle them down. We'll certainly keep you guys posted, but right now, even if there are some things we're pretty sure we'll do, nothing is written in stone.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to michaelincolorado)
Post #: 2
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 7:39:01 AM   
sirduke_slith

is there any huge ajustment that will be made in the update that you know for sure will be included, or as you said above do you only have ideas, nothing solid yet. Just curious.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 7:44:27 AM   
Gil R.

I'm not sure what you mean by an adjustment, but I'll say that we have ideas for at least one major new feature, and we also have ideas for augmenting what already exists (e.g., making generals more multifaceted, adding another 50 or so Legendary Units, etc.). Also, since we'd be redoing some of the graphics we'd be able to make some time-consuming changes to the interface and gameplay that we can't really do for a patch.

We'll definitely release information about this as we go, especially since some of what we'll be doing will no doubt benefit from your collective input.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to sirduke_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 8:04:14 AM   
sirduke_slith

Sounds good, i can;t wait for the upcoming improvments (adjustments, etc...).

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 10:04:52 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

I'm not sure what you mean by an adjustment, but I'll say that we have ideas for at least one major new feature, and we also have ideas for augmenting what already exists (e.g., making generals more multifaceted, adding another 50 or so Legendary Units, etc.). Also, since we'd be redoing some of the graphics we'd be able to make some time-consuming changes to the interface and gameplay that we can't really do for a patch.

We'll definitely release information about this as we go, especially since some of what we'll be doing will no doubt benefit from your collective input.

Will there be any map improvements? Such as fixing the erroneous location of Fort Henry? (Putting it back in Tennessee and out of Kentucky?) Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Henry

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 6
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 11:21:20 AM   
Gil R.

We might make map changes. I don't know if we'd change Fort Henry. It seems to me that the main problem is not one of gameplay, but that the graphics engine (for lack of a better term) places it on the wrong side of the river and far upstream, which is not something we can fix without putting it in the wrong province. It's possible that we might redraw the river provinces in that area, but redoing any part of the map is an enormous amount of work.

Here's a thread in which this was discussed last year, for those interested: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1297381&mpage=1&key=fort%2Chenry�

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 7
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 11:57:51 AM   
rockmedic109

Will thbere be a patch before hand.  To fix the AI buying too many camps and fielding a 300,000 man confederate army in Missouri?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 8:52:26 PM   
Gil R.

Yes, that's the patch that, as I wrote in another thread, is going to be out quite soon, it would appear.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 9
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/14/2007 10:05:30 PM   
General Quarters

Although Ft Henry is obviously in the wrong place, personally it doesn't bother me, because it doesn't materially affect the strategic situation. Unless there is an easy fix, I would rather the development team spend their time on improving things that affect gameplay. I am speaking only for myself, of course.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 10
RE: ETA on expansion pack? - 8/15/2007 7:19:22 AM   
sirduke_slith

yeAH  but sometimes accuracy can make the gameplay not as enjoyable, i don't think i care to much about it though.  It is still a good stragic location to hold onto whether it in kentucky or tenessee.

(in reply to General Quarters)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> ETA on expansion pack? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI