Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Random Battle Generator

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: Random Battle Generator Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/13/2008 10:15:17 AM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I hope it is by the time the YANKS enter the picture. ;) And please oh please please please don't let the Yanks game be "Battle for yet another OMAHA BEACH invasion lol Let's start with the Omaha beach invasion already done with past and somewhere nice and comfy on mainland France like Caen. ;) Or a BULGE game I still like Bulge games, but, I am sick to death of "The Longest Day". lol

I agree. Operation Cobra for the "yanks" , as ravinhood would say.

For the Tommies, yeah Caen. It would be sweet to have a FIREFLY in ambush waiting for the Tiger with 007 waltz by ...

(in my best Englander accent) ...

'Hullo, Oboe 3 Charlie. Hullo, Oboe 3 Charlie.
View Hallo! Three Tigers, moving north, line ahead on road.
Twelve hundred yards at one o'clock.
Oboe 3 Charlie, over.'

SLAM-CRASH of an 88mm.

BLAM-CRASH - slightly different sound, equally imperious, of the seventeen-pounder.

'Oboe Able to Oboe. Second Tiger brewing.
Am keeping third busy while Charlie brings to bear, Over.'

'Oboe, bloody good show. Off.'

Exerpt from the book TANK! , by Ken Tout.

Rob (a Yank)

< Message edited by Mraah -- 3/13/2008 10:18:05 AM >

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 31
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/13/2008 11:55:37 AM   
ravinhood

Man there sure are a lot of people agreeing with me these days and telling me I ROCK! ;) (dances around computer chair) haha

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 32
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/13/2008 3:28:15 PM   
Phenix

If you must go to another front, please let us skip France altogether.
Italy might be ok but France and Africa is no go for me.
So i dont agree with ravinhood

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 33
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/13/2008 3:54:49 PM   
ravinhood

Where did this 23 post poster come from that doesn't agree with THE RAVINHOOD?! Go back to lurking thank you. ;) haha

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to Phenix)
Post #: 34
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/13/2008 4:09:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

Where did this 23 post poster come from that doesn't agree with THE RAVINHOOD?! Go back to lurking thank you. ;) haha

Hey, have a beer and relax a bit, you're getting ahead of yourself here. Remember to repeat every morning: "I am not a moderator".

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 35
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/13/2008 5:35:41 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

Relax, it's not releasing today, but it will release in March and I'd say before mid-March.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development and Business Relations

How can I relax the 15th is two days away......remember you said BEFORE mid March. ;)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 36
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/13/2008 5:53:38 PM   
Mobius

quote:

quote:

Relax, it's not releasing today, but it will release in March and I'd say before mid-March.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development and Business Relations

How can I relax the 15th is two days away......remember you said BEFORE mid March. ;)

But, they could add one more small item. Sir, it's only wafer thin.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 37
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/13/2008 6:05:43 PM   
Erik Rutins

Indeed, we're still polishing and adding last minute content. Soon, soon... note that the announcement said "during March".

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 38
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/14/2008 4:30:33 AM   
Staggerwing

quote:

But, they could add one more small item. Sir, it's only wafer thin.

*slowly backs out of dining area while reaching for umbrella*

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 39
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/14/2008 7:51:21 AM   
ravinhood

quote:

I'd say before mid-March.

But, YOU said ERIK BEFORE mid-March. So doesn't matter what the announcement says it's what YOU said! Now you aren't going to weasel out on what you said are yah? ;) You don't want to be known as the one who gave us FALSE hopes now are yah? So, I fully expect a release THIS weekend on the 15th. ;)

(in reply to Staggerwing)
Post #: 40
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/14/2008 9:42:54 AM   
rickier65

quote:

quote:

I'd say before mid-March.

But, YOU said ERIK BEFORE mid-March. So doesn't matter what the announcement says it's what YOU said! Now you aren't going to weasel out on what you said are yah? ;) You don't want to be known as the one who gave us FALSE hopes now are yah? So, I fully expect a release THIS weekend on the 15th. ;)

Well Ravinhood, maybe you should include the WHOLE sentence. That kinda puts the "before mid-March" in context. As in, "maybe" before mid-March. Not that I wouldn't welcome it sooner.

Rick

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 41
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/14/2008 10:57:07 AM   
ravinhood

I did put the whole sentence in earlier, scroll up and read. He said: "I'd say BEFORE MID-MARCH" now last I read mid march would be the 15th/16th since March has 31 days. And since it is BEFORE MID-MARCH it should be the 15th as the 16th would be AFTER MID MARCH. I rest my case your honor....it better be released Saturday the 15th or there will be HELL to PAY ME for false representation of a release date.... ;) hehehehe

Also nowhere in the statement did Erik use the term/word MAYBE. ;) His statement was and is "I (Erick) say (confirms) BEFORE (ummm comprehended BEFORE something not after something) MID-(middle of Something) March (this month). ;)

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 3/14/2008 11:02:34 AM >

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 42
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/14/2008 3:35:52 PM   
Erik Rutins

Ravinhood,

I regret to shatter your worldview, but I have to report that I am not actually infallible.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 43
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/14/2008 4:12:24 PM   
elmo3

Not a big deal Erik. I'm sure you guys will release it as soon as it's ready. Until then....

I want my Maypo!

Post #: 44
RE: Random Battle Generator - 3/14/2008 8:16:18 PM   
ravinhood

Tis a sad  day when Erik misinforms us. We  to him in almost every way and then he let's us down We might as well take what he says as mere hearsay and hold him accountable for his sin when he leaves us questioning his truths. Erik not infallible who woulda thought it

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 3/14/2008 8:18:10 PM >

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 45
RE: Random Battle Generator - 4/1/2008 6:51:25 AM   
pad152

I hate to say it, but the screen shot of the RBG template gives me a headache! Melo out the colors and contast so it doesn't make your eyes bleed! 

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 46
RE: Random Battle Generator - 4/3/2008 6:49:17 AM   
rickier65

For the Random battle generator, will it randomly pick a map from the available map set, or do you have to choose a map for random battles.

Follow-up - for the random campaign, does it stay with one map, or does it randomly choose from among those available.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 47
RE: Random Battle Generator - 4/3/2008 7:09:26 AM   
Stridor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

For the Random battle generator, will it randomly pick a map from the available map set, or do you have to choose a map for random battles.

Follow-up - for the random campaign, does it stay with one map, or does it randomly choose from among those available.

Thanks
Rick

Rick,

You can pick a map if you like or you can set it to be random

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 48
RE: Random Battle Generator - 4/3/2008 9:21:07 AM   
rickier65

Ah, very good, thank you.

Rick

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 49
RE: Random Battle Generator - 4/3/2008 2:36:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

It randomly chooses from those available, depending on the season, though a random campaign can be made semi-random and forced to choose from a subset of maps or just one map for "key" battles. We haven't done that, but the capability is there for someone to design a campaign that includes both completely set historical key battles separated by randomized semi-historical battles.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 50
RE: Random Battle Generator - 4/3/2008 7:22:10 PM   
rickier65

Sounds like you all put some thought into this.

Rick

Post #: 51
RE: Random Battle Generator - 4/3/2008 11:14:42 PM   
Stridor

quote:

Sounds like you all put some thought into this.

Rick

Oh boy, did we ever (I still have a headache )

The RBG/RCG is probably unlike any other which you may have used before. They can be used to generate totally random fictional "Grey" on "Red" encounter, through all the way to producing a basically fixed historical scenario. There is a lot of capability in what the generators can do if they are set right.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 52
Random Campaign News - 4/5/2008 4:57:54 PM   
Stridor

Ok, I wanted to let you guys know of some of the new developments in the RCG side of things. Erik has written several specific random campaign "scripts", one of which is shown below.

Note how there is a new drop down input field called "Replacements". This field does two things. It sets the rate at which you get new points to spend on core and auxiliary units, as well as defining the number of times you are allowed to call HQ for help. Both of these values are editable in the random campaign editor for modders who want to design their own random campaign "scripts".

The issue at stake is balance. Once you have a system which can generate 100s or 1000s of battles, it is impossible for us to play test through each and every battle in every campaign to ensure it is fair, as well as playable over a wide range of players with varying experience. Nothing would be more frustrating than playing through 95 battles of a 100 battle campaign only to become stuck on a battle which you just can't finish.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 53
RE: Random Campaign News - 4/5/2008 5:05:45 PM   
Stridor

If you get totally stuck, you can request help from HQ in the form of either reinforcements and/or a preparatory enemy bombardment to thin out their numbers. This is not an unlimited luxury; your contact at HQ will keep you informed on your current status. This system allows a bit of breathing space if things get tight, but it won't be an "I win button" as you will only have a limited number of HQ requests so it is important to use them effectively. You can also choose not to request help, if you are "iron man" enough, but the option is there if required.

The reply from HQ will vary depending on your "favoured status" and what exactly you have requested of them

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Stridor -- 4/5/2008 5:09:50 PM >

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 54
RE: Random Campaign News - 4/5/2008 5:27:52 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stridor

Ok, I wanted to let you guys know of some of the new developments in the RCG side of things. Erik has written several specific random campaign "scripts", one of which is shown below.

Note how there is a new drop down input field called "Replacements". This field does two things. It sets the rate at which you get new points to spend on core and auxiliary units, as well as defining the number of times you are allowed to call HQ for help. Both of these values are editable in the random campaign editor for modders who want to design their own random campaign "scripts".

The issue at stake is balance. Once you have a system which can generate 100s or 1000s of battles, it is impossible for us to play test through each and every battle in every campaign to ensure it is fair, as well as playable over a wide range of players with varying experience. Nothing would be more frustrating than playing through 95 battles of a 100 battle campaign only to become stuck on a battle which you just can't finish.

Woohoo 100 battle campaigns. Now that's what I'm talkin about Willis. ;)

I also like the LIMITED replacements or reinforcement options by using the HQ. Another role playing element added to the game.

Now, when yah gonna do a TS:JC II? hehe

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 4/5/2008 5:29:57 PM >

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> RE: Random Battle Generator Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI