Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New update in testing...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> RE: New update in testing... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New update in testing... - 8/12/2007 9:35:31 PM   
*Lava*

That...

I believe is an error with the sound which occurs at the beginning of each year. I also believe it is being addressed in the patch.

For now, turn off the sound when you are in the Nov-Dec turn until all combat is resolved and you enter into the Jan-Feb Strategic phase when you can turn the sound back on.

Known bug.

Ray (alias Lava)

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 31
RE: New update in testing... - 8/12/2007 10:40:08 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lava

That...

I believe is an error with the sound which occurs at the beginning of each year. I also believe it is being addressed in the patch.

For now, turn off the sound when you are in the Nov-Dec turn until all combat is resolved and you enter into the Jan-Feb Strategic phase when you can turn the sound back on.

Known bug.

Ray (alias Lava)

That's it. Loading the game without the sound allowed me to pass the end of the 1914 year. I had a report about the scenario being finished,and allowing me to continue if wanted.

By the way, why are those scenarios presented like this, and why isn't there no full 1914-1918 campaign identified as such in the opening screen. When I first saw that, I was stunned that I had bought a 1914-1918 strategy game that did not allow to play the whole campaign. I was relieved to read that I just have to play the 1914 scenario, and and keep going when it was ended. Does this mean that I won't have a vitory screen at the end of the game, and an end of game report ?

Thanks Ray (alias Lava), I really though that my game was screwed.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 32
RE: New update in testing... - 8/12/2007 11:37:18 PM   
TheBlackhorse

Don't worry. When the game ends you'll get the appropriate end game screen.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 33
RE: New update in testing... - 8/12/2007 11:48:54 PM   
Lascar

< Message edited by Lascar -- 8/12/2007 11:50:02 PM >

(in reply to TheBlackhorse)
Post #: 34
RE: New update in testing... - 8/13/2007 1:21:04 AM   
*Lava*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

Does this mean that I won't have a vitory screen at the end of the game, and an end of game report ?

Nope!

You definitely have an end of game report. If you don't win outright, I think you have to knock out both France and Russia to do this, then just keep continue playing. The game ends Nov-Dec 1919 when you will get a final tally and won't be able to proceed further.

Ray (alias Lava)

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 35
RE: New update in testing... - 8/13/2007 6:12:46 AM   
Szilard

One little bug: if you win by knocking out Germany, you don't get to see the last impulse played out - the game just chugs away without showing anything before throwing up the victory screen.

It'd be good chrome to have the usual kind of ability to go and examine the enemies' final situation - losses etc etc - after the end of the game.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 36
RE: New update in testing... - 8/14/2007 10:01:44 PM   
MorningDew

OK. I'll ask. How did it go over the weekend? Any chance for the update today?

(in reply to Szilard)
Post #: 37
RE: New update in testing... - 8/14/2007 10:42:55 PM   
FrankHunter

Everything seems to be fine, just playing it to make sure.  The changes are :

1. Allow the screen resolution to be set to 1280 x 1024  or 1280 by 800 for laptops   2. Tried to fix the sound problem at the end of a scenario but couldn't find a problem so I created a trap for the error which produces a message saying the sound can't be played but otherwise won't affect the game.
  3. Fixed German naval rebasing to Rostock through the Kiel Canal.   4. Made it so that Constantinople must be controlled to ship supplies and resource to Russia through the Black Sea.   5. Added an asterix to squadron names if a squadron is damaged.   6. Fixed the supply problem for units trapped in another country when that country surrenders.   7. Fixed the Serbian artillery retreat into the sea.   8. Problem with US reinforcements fixed   9. Problem when fleet at sea loses its home port fixed   10. Movement of units in mobilization phase in scenarios after 1915 fixed   11. Fixed Password problem for PBEM   12. Fixed disappearing Turkish artillery unit and Turkish deployment   13. Fixed cavalry inability to enter mountain hexes

14. Added new method of doing corps refits   15. Changed method of doing amphibious operations and added both sea zone status and a display of whether Britain is allowed to engage in amphibious operations yet.   16. Added display of endurance to naval unit display in Naval Orders.   17. Added a start message telling player to click the arrow button to start the game.

(in reply to MorningDew)
Post #: 38
RE: New update in testing... - 8/14/2007 10:58:51 PM   
Cyrano~

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

Everything seems to be fine, just playing it to make sure. The changes are :

1. Allow the screen resolution to be set to 1280 x 1024 or 1280 by 800 for laptops 2. Tried to fix the sound problem at the end of a scenario but couldn't find a problem so I created a trap for the error which produces a message saying the sound can't be played but otherwise won't affect the game.
3. Fixed German naval rebasing to Rostock through the Kiel Canal. 4. Made it so that Constantinople must be controlled to ship supplies and resource to Russia through the Black Sea. 5. Added an asterix to squadron names if a squadron is damaged. 6. Fixed the supply problem for units trapped in another country when that country surrenders. 7. Fixed the Serbian artillery retreat into the sea. 8. Problem with US reinforcements fixed 9. Problem when fleet at sea loses its home port fixed 10. Movement of units in mobilization phase in scenarios after 1915 fixed 11. Fixed Password problem for PBEM 12. Fixed disappearing Turkish artillery unit and Turkish deployment 13. Fixed cavalry inability to enter mountain hexes

14. Added new method of doing corps refits 15. Changed method of doing amphibious operations and added both sea zone status and a display of whether Britain is allowed to engage in amphibious operations yet. 16. Added display of endurance to naval unit display in Naval Orders. 17. Added a start message telling player to click the arrow button to start the game.

Can I sue you for loss of sleep ?
Thank you, awesome game gets even better.

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 39
RE: New update in testing... - 8/14/2007 11:28:06 PM   
Noakesy

This is great - hate to be greedy (honest ) but is there any chance you could convert the Flintlock (and other ) FAQ stuff into a pdf or word document or something that looks nice (and is validated by yourself Frank)?

Cheers

(in reply to Cyrano~)
Post #: 40
RE: New update in testing... - 8/15/2007 1:37:19 AM   
flintlock

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

Everything seems to be fine, just playing it to make sure.

Good looking changelog. Looking forward to the release.

Post #: 41
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 3:27:39 AM   
Erik Rutins

The update was set to be released today, then we found a last minute showstopper. Frank is working on it and we still hope to release this week.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to flintlock)
Post #: 42
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 3:42:36 AM   
Hanal

Usually "showstoppers" mean beautiful ladies performing a strip-tease dance...If Frank put a video of that in the victory screen, I don't think it needs to cause a delay!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 43
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 3:46:48 AM   
SMK-at-work

I thought the show stopper was always a fat lady singing

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 44
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 4:00:46 AM   
Hanal

Well it's a matter of semantics...the saying "it ain't over until the fat lady sings" is an opera reference for something that never seems to end (for opera haters that is) but show stoppers are usually acts in a show that turn a bland show into something special (like Ethel Merman belting out a song in a otherwise boring musical)...this is serious GoA stuff we are talking about here huh?....

< Message edited by J P Falcon -- 8/16/2007 4:01:04 AM >

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 45
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 4:01:42 AM   
Erik Rutins

Heh, well a showstopper in this case just means a new bug that was bad enough to hold the release.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 46
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 4:08:29 AM   
Snowbart1943

Thanks for the update Erik.  Im afraid to rebase ships to Rostok from Wilhelmshaven and thus have a presence in the Baltic until that patch comes out.   

Post #: 47
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 4:14:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

Good news - it looks like Frank has it all fixed up. Bad news - our normal update guy is now out, so I'll be trying to find time to update the installer tomorrow afternoon. We'll see how it goes.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Snowbart1943)
Post #: 48
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 4:19:09 AM   
Snowbart1943

Sweeeeeeeet!! 

Post #: 49
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 6:02:44 AM   
FrankHunter

Just to explain, there was a bug in the game to do with supply on the first turn a country was at war.  I didn't notice it until I was fixing Turkish deployment (and their disappearing artillery unit) for the patch.  My "fix" it turned out did indeed fix Turkey's deployment problem but produced a different problem elsewhere, one that was worse than the Turk problem and it had to be fixed asap.  I apologize for the delay.

(in reply to Snowbart1943)
Post #: 50
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 6:24:38 AM   
06 Maestro

No apologies necessary-you're doing what can be done.
Thanks again.

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 8/17/2007 1:03:59 AM >

Post #: 51
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 7:00:06 AM   
Snowbart1943

Yes thanks for getting this out quickly and being around in the forums for help!  The game is really immersive once you get to know it!

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 52
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 8:28:11 AM   
Akmatov

Really enjoying things so far and update list looks great

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 53
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 9:53:55 AM   
Noakesy

Really good to see a game designer that's available to answer questions, explain the rationale behind things and then provide regular updates.

(in reply to Akmatov)
Post #: 54
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 3:50:29 PM   
SteveD64

Great news, just in time for my three day weekend! 

(in reply to Noakesy)
Post #: 55
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 4:43:15 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

Just got the CD Today and a readable manual .

I'm beginning to love this game and the patch looks great too.

Many thanks to Frank and all at matrix for this wee gem of a game.

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to SteveD64)
Post #: 56
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 4:55:34 PM   
JD Walter

quote:

Just to explain, there was a bug in the game to do with supply on the first turn a country was at war. I didn't notice it until I was fixing Turkish deployment (and their disappearing artillery unit) for the patch. My "fix" it turned out did indeed fix Turkey's deployment problem but produced a different problem elsewhere, one that was worse than the Turk problem and it had to be fixed asap. I apologize for the delay.

Thanks for your great help and support on GoA, Frank.

I'm looking forward for the fixes to start my next PBEM game. I greatly appreciate your perseverence and committment to improving GoA; it's definitely one of the best buys I've made this year!

< Message edited by Def Zep -- 8/16/2007 4:56:14 PM >

Post #: 57
RE: New update in testing... - 8/16/2007 7:35:14 PM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

No apologies necessary-your doing what can be done.
Thanks again.

Indeed, and as a nigh unprecedented move by you and Matrix games you came to "us" first with info before we asked...i applaud you for that.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 58
RE: New update in testing... - 8/17/2007 1:28:40 AM   
Erik Rutins

Well, we updated the installer again today, tested it and found another less critical issue but one that still should be fixed. Frank should have it fixed by tonight but we won't be able to update the installer again and release it on the same night. Since we don't release on Fridays, that pushes us back to Monday. Sorry everyone, but our priority is to make sure we don't release a patch that will immediately need yet another patch rather than just getting it out quickly.

We're also planning to make use of the extra time to get the beta version out to Haplo and a few others with serious issues to see if it resolves those for them or if something else is going on. If time allows (and I'm not promising this as I have a trip planned this weekend) I may just post it in the Members' Club over the weekend to let those of you who feel adventurous give it a look before the official release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 59
RE: New update in testing... - 8/17/2007 1:32:04 AM   
Haplo_Patryn

Thank you for the update and for your help. I hope my problem can be resolved.

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> RE: New update in testing... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI