Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Issue with navel movement of units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Issue with navel movement of units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Issue with navel movement of units - 8/21/2007 11:25:11 PM   
ulver

First of all: Thanks for a great Game.

Secondly I believe I’ve identified a periodic bug with sea movement of land units with the new Beta patch.

I’ve experienced that the game accepts amph movement orders during the orders phase only to ignore the movement during the execution. I’ll try to find an example for you where the problem is consistent

I had one and then when I maid a final test to verify the problem was still there it moved correctly. None the less my opponent could confirm the issue when I gave him my password to check with.

Another issue is that I’ve experienced the game freezing up when choosing Amph movement: Again I’ll try and create a situation where the issue is consistent.

Thought I had one but after a reboot it seems to work. Very weird,

I’ve experience no problems what so ever in solo play.
Post #: 1
RE: Issue with navel movement of units - 8/21/2007 11:33:26 PM   
FrankHunter

In regards to amphibious, I'll just repeat what I posted on another thread.

"I check a summary to see whether amphib moves can be made and it appears that summary is accurate most of the time but sometimes when its actually attempted the summary turns out to be wrong. 

I will check this today but I think it might be because its a WEGO system and the situation during the orders phase and at the time its actually being carried out aren't the same.  On the other hand if it turns out to be a glitch in the summary itself I'll fix it."

quote:

I had one and then when I maid a final test to verify the problem was still there it moved correctly.

Exactly, and its why I think it might just be a consequence of it being a changing situation and that the situation during the orders phase no longer applies.  However, I am at this moment checking to see if its a bug in the summary. 

quote:

Another issue is that I’ve experienced the game freezing up when choosing Amph movement: Again I’ll try and create a situation where the issue is consistent.

This is the first report of this I've seen.  If you have a situation where it happens could you email me your save?  fhunter@telus.net

(in reply to ulver)
Post #: 2
RE: Issue with navel movement of units - 8/21/2007 11:41:08 PM   
hjaco

quote:

This is the first report of this I've seen. If you have a situation where it happens could you email me your save? fhunter@telus.net

I was Ulver's opponent and have just checked the save file in question. The problem can no longer be recreated so probably same problem as being a WEGO system.

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 3
RE: Issue with navel movement of units - 8/21/2007 11:44:15 PM   
ulver

Wow – thanks for a super fast response. It is almost a pleasure to experience technical issues just to experience this level of support. Every single time I’ve had a problem with the game the designer himself has answered in less then an hour.

See attached saved game file for an example: When I try using amp movement on the French HQ in Toulon during the orders phase the game freeze. I can only assume it is somehow caught in a loop.

I had my opponent verify the error for me but when I tried one last time now it worked so……Go figure

It is a PBM game. The Entente password is ulver and the Central Powers is Hindenburg – goes to show who is the greater Role Player.

< Message edited by ulver -- 8/21/2007 11:46:42 PM >

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 4
RE: Issue with navel movement of units - 8/22/2007 2:00:52 AM   
ulver

I’m so sorry I send you the wrong file: This is the right one. The game consistently freeze when attempting to sealift the French HQ in Toulon during the orders phase. My opponent had the same issue with the file so it is not hardware related.

(in reply to ulver)
Post #: 5
RE: Issue with navel movement of units - 8/22/2007 2:26:03 AM   
SteveD64

Frank I sent you a saved game for the possible error in the Austrian reinforcement that appears in East Prussia. oops, it was on the other thread "Oddities.."

< Message edited by CLEVELAND -- 8/22/2007 2:30:59 AM >

(in reply to ulver)
Post #: 6
RE: Issue with navel movement of units - 8/22/2007 2:37:04 AM   
Munro

Moving the BEF to France works for me every time on the first impulse. On the other impulses, it either won't let me amphib more units or moves them to France and then back to England during Resolution.

Munro

(in reply to SteveD64)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Issue with navel movement of units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI