Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Research

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Random Research Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Research - 8/24/2007 1:41:17 PM   
rjh1971

This is probably a dumb question but how does exactly random research work.
From point 5.2 in the manual I don't get it, nor does it come explained in chapter 17.
I appreciate any help. Maybe I've missed where it come in the manual since it's so easy starting playing and forget looking at it.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Random Research - 8/24/2007 2:37:27 PM   
Dave Ferguson

I think random research increases the variability of research results in those areas where you have labs. This means you get a lot more 'great advances in' messages and it seems to increase the chances of getting additional tech levels quickly.
Normally it takes ages to get even 1 tech level but with random research  you can get several in each category within months.

I don't think there is any way of knowing this option has been selected in PBEM matches unless you have labs yourself and start seeing lots of messages.

Dave

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 2
RE: Random Research - 8/24/2007 3:08:28 PM   
rjh1971

Thanks Dave that must be it, in my last game against the AI, I had it on and I was surprised how many 'great advances' reports I was getting.

As to the other comment, this game has a lot of potential just needs to be polished up somewhat and will become a classic in wargaming.

(in reply to Dave Ferguson)
Post #: 3
RE: Random Research - 8/24/2007 9:57:19 PM   
targul

In PBEM you do not get those messages so you still dont know.  You do not even get a message that you have completed a tech.  All things in PBEM games are a guess.  When you start your screen you get little arrows and bubbles where there was a combat.  It does not provide you with any information at all.

Jim

Cant we just get along.
Hell no I want to kill something!

1st Cav Div 66-69 5th Special Forces 70-73

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 4
RE: Random Research - 8/25/2007 1:52:22 AM   
Dave Ferguson

IIRC I did get a great advance message in 1 PBEM game as the allies, I might be wrong though as it might have been a tcpip game.

Dave

(in reply to targul)
Post #: 5
RE: Random Research - 8/25/2007 7:11:26 PM   
targul

IP gams you do get messages but in PBEM you do not.  Seems that PBEM players are suppose to remain in the dark on all areas of the game.  Too bad because it really spoils what could be a good game.  Bad decisions in many areas.  Hope they can fix them but doubt they can.

Jim

Cant we just get along.
Hell no I want to kill something!

1st Cav Div 66-69 5th Special Forces 70-73

Post #: 6
RE: Random Research - 8/26/2007 3:19:14 PM   
jon_j_rambo

@targul --- Son, why don't we play some CEAW. I'll send you plenty of messages. Are you ready for a message? Pop this up,"GET A CLUE".

-Legend

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

(in reply to targul)
Post #: 7
RE: Random Research - 8/26/2007 4:51:43 PM   
Dave Ferguson

To whoever moderates this forum. We don't want or need personal insults here, deal with it please.

Dave

(in reply to jon_j_rambo)
Post #: 8
RE: Random Research - 8/26/2007 6:32:59 PM   
rjh1971

Have not seen any moderators in CEaW.
What do you exactly don't like? Daniel 12:10?

Post #: 9
RE: Random Research - 8/26/2007 6:50:52 PM   
Dave Ferguson

Stuff like this
quote:

@targul --- Look what the cat drug in from Canada, if it isn't the Dollman. Figures you're from Canada. You still buying bankrupt stock in KMart? Maybe not, because you're making up new stories here. Why don't you & I play a couple games of CEAW?

Targul is the constant complainer.  Like Johnny Cash sang,"Cry, Cry, Cry".  He has a history of playing this..."oh, I used to be a badass, but now everything in life is somebody elses fault."  Let me give him some advise, it's a game!  ..............................  Targul, go hug your Doll & get back to the drawing board.

What's up kid? You go game? Should I buy this with my check tomorrow & mop your face all over Europe? You going to disconnect & cry like SC?

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 10
RE: Random Research - 8/27/2007 12:14:33 AM   
rjh1971

Well Dave I know you have a point at first sight jon_j_rambo posts are somewhat out of place, but you have to take him as he is, I know he might sound rude but you also have some laughs with his posts, I've read many of them on the Strategic Command 2 even I signed in I have never posted there, I read the SC2 threads now and then.

About moderators maybe Matrix should make Iain or firepower yohan moderators.

Post #: 11
RE: Random Research - 8/27/2007 12:53:28 AM   
SMK-at-work

quote:

but you have to take him as he is

No, actually you don't.

If he's offensive then "being as he is" is no excuse.  He claims to be a christian but singularly fails to display many of the values I believe christians are supposed to have, like tolerance, peace and love for his fellow man

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 12
RE: Random Research - 8/27/2007 1:22:13 AM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

quote:

but you have to take him as he is

No, actually you don't.

If he's offensive then "being as he is" is no excuse.  He claims to be a christian but singularly fails to display many of the values I believe christians are supposed to have, like tolerance, peace and love for his fellow man

He also wants to become President of the United States, now would you take this seriously?

You forgot humbleness... which he doesn't show either...

Anyway this is about wargaming, I will not enter into any other subjects, if some people are unpolite I will just not pay any attention to them, for me it would be like they don't post.

So far in the places I post in Matrix, people are very respectful with each other and that's the way I would like to stay, however I have to admit that I had some laughs with jon_j_rambo posts of course I don't take them seriously otherwise I'd be pretty mad (just to say it politely).

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 13
RE: Random Research - 8/27/2007 1:28:01 AM   
Vypuero

The missing tech is a bug methinks - Let us ask it be fixed in the next patch.  I think it went away when they added the arrows and attack notes.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 14
RE: Random Research - 8/27/2007 6:18:26 PM   
Syagrius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Ferguson

Stuff like this
quote:

@targul --- Look what the cat drug in from Canada, if it isn't the Dollman. Figures you're from Canada. You still buying bankrupt stock in KMart? Maybe not, because you're making up new stories here. Why don't you & I play a couple games of CEAW?

Targul is the constant complainer.  Like Johnny Cash sang,"Cry, Cry, Cry".  He has a history of playing this..."oh, I used to be a badass, but now everything in life is somebody elses fault."  Let me give him some advise, it's a game!  ..............................  Targul, go hug your Doll & get back to the drawing board.

What's up kid? You go game? Should I buy this with my check tomorrow & mop your face all over Europe? You going to disconnect & cry like SC?

Ahaha, right on!

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Random Research Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI