Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Now recruiting additional Betatesters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Now recruiting additional Betatesters Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 5:36:16 AM   
Greyshaft

Attention potential betatesters - The time has come to strut your stuff!

With the release of the new beta for MWiF has come the need for a few new testers.

Before you reply to this post please consider the following:

Software testing is quite different to simply ‘playing’ the game. The focus of testing is not in playing the game but in working as a team to help produce a great product. At this point of the development cycle there is very little combat-style gameplaying being done – it’s all about ensuring that the game mechanics are working correctly. If you are just looking for the chance to play the game against other people then it may be better to wait for a later recruitment drive when we wheel the software out of the factory and onto the test track for more intensive testing.

Software testing takes time. Four to six hours a week (preferably across 2-3 sessions) is a reasonable estimate of the time required for a tester to stay in the loop on what’s happening and to give the software a good workout. If you are hoping to squeeze in just an hour of testing each week on a Sunday night somewhere between dinnertime and watching the news then you may find it a challenge to pick up the concepts of the game, download the latest patches, read & contribute to the testing Forum and play through the game looking for bugs.

Software testing takes patience. Testers are expected to respond to reasonable requests from the developer to provide information about any problems they find. Sometimes that means running through the same boring ten minute long sequence of events half a dozen times and documenting the results so that you can help the developer reproduce the problem on their own computer.

If you have the time and energy to help us then please reply to this post giving the following information:

• 1. Any previous experience in testing software.

• 2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)
    a. Newbie - Never played WiF but it looks great
    b. Recruit - Playing WiF occasionally (or played a lot a long time ago)
    c. Average - Currently playing WiF on a regular basis
    d. Grognard - Rules guru

• 3. Your PC specification. (just the basics):
    a. CPU speed
    b. RAM
    c. Operating system
    d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor
    e. Video Ram

If you are not sure how to find the specifications of your computer then please ask.

• 4. COMPLETELY OPTIONAL - NO BONUS POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR (OR AGAINST) ENTRANTS WHO PROVIDE THE NEATEST CORRECT ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING TOPIC:
    (In fifty words or less) Pick a country and describe an opening strategy you've always wanted to try in the 1939 campaign game eg.

“Japan should do nothing in China and concentrate of quick builds of air units and then declare war on the allies in Jan/Feb 1940 (or as soon as France falls). Hopefully the East Indies and India will fall before the USA can declare war”

If you have never played WiF then tell us which country you think would be the most interesting one to play and why it is so interesting

(All submissions should be to this Thread. Do not PM me directly with your information since the selection of new testers is a team effort and we all need to see your information.)

Applications close midnight on Sunday 2nd September Australian Eastern Standard Time... (actually more like the morning of Monday of 3rd September after I've got up and poured myself some coffee but that's probably close enough to midnight in the USA )

< Message edited by Greyshaft -- 8/27/2007 8:48:49 AM >

/Greyshaft
Post #: 1
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 6:28:25 AM   
michaelbaldur

1. Any previous experience in testing software... none
2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames Grognard - Rules... guru  10 year exp..
3. Your PC specification.. 1200 mhz 512 ram win xp 1280x800 64 mb grafic (labtop) getting my new computer on the release day.

italy produce funny .... 39 dow on france ... pick up (good) units from libya (before dow) ... get res from germany and lend allmost all of her BP back.. the axis produce elite germans insted of junk ita. .. italy only produce her own mar .. from 41 italy start to produce her own units ... to be ready when cw gets her mar in summer 41 ... this is a total defencive stategy.... not very funny ..

I won´t say that I will be active... everybody saids that .... but I will works as hard for you as I do for capitan

< Message edited by michaelbaldur -- 8/27/2007 6:30:14 AM >

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 2
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 8:05:05 AM   
Toed

1. Testing: None. However have used computers since the 80s
2. WiF experience: Recruit - Played WiF back in the mid 90s roughly 5-6 times
3. PC specifications: a: AMD64 3000+ (~2033MHz); b: 768 MB (PC 3200 DDR); c: Windows XP Pro SP2; d: 1600x1200@75Hz (using 1280x1024@75Hz) e: 256 MB (Radeon 9600). So it is basically very old :)
4. Well since I played WiF so little I have actually never played USA or Russia. That would be nice to try.

6 hours per week will be no problem to handle.

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 3
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 12:58:31 PM   
bredsjomagnus

• Any previous experience in testing software: None
  • Experience of cardboard World in Flames: Somewhere between newbie and recruit I think (starting up my third scenario ever today; "the tide turns" ).
  • PC specification: 3 Ghz Pentium 4, 2 Gb Ram, Win XP, 1280x1024, 128 Mb GeForce.
  • Italy closing med. And with German support kicking out CW. Opening up a second front to USSR. Because of my lack of experience I don´t know if this is possible or even a good strategy. But I would like to find out .

/Magnus

(in reply to Toed)
Post #: 4
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 2:41:17 PM   
JagdFlanker

* 1. Any previous experience in testing software - none EDIT: but i know what it entails, and i troubleshoot PDAs for a living

* 2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames
a. Newbie - played 3 turns of the barbarossa scen last year w/a vet so got the basic gist of it

* 3. PC specifications: Athalon 64 3500+ 2.21GHz, 2Gb RAM, XP Pro SP2, 1680*1050 (wide), GeForce 7600GT 256Mb

* 4. playing russia would be fun just trying to stop the german hoarde from getting too deep, and playing the whole german campaign just to see if i can beat what they did in WW II

< Message edited by Flanker Leader -- 8/30/2007 1:55:14 AM >

(in reply to bredsjomagnus)
Post #: 5
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 2:47:49 PM   
Peter Stauffenberg

1. Previous experience in testing software
I work as a system administrator at work for an SQL database, AutoCAD and a document management system. I spec and test all changes to our SQL database (coded in Visual Basic 6.0). I program and test all customizations to AutoCAD (programs made in AutoLISP). I also spec and test all customization made to our document management system (InnoCielo Meridian). So I'm very used to bug testing and reporting errors as well as coding myself and try to bugtest my own code. Finding my own bugs is often harder than finding bugs of other programmers.

I'm also a beta tester of Slitherine's Commander - Europe at War. This game is also sold via Matrix Games.

2. My experience with cardboard WIFFE
I played WIF 5.0 a lot and enjoyed it. I even purchased WIFFE when it was released approx. 10 years ago. But I haven't got all the latest additions as Patton in Flames etc. I don't have the room to place all the WIFFE maps so the game has unfortunately been placed in my cupboard. I'm familiar with the rules, but don't remember all of them. So I need to refresh those rules when MWIF is out. MWIF gives me a chance to play against the AI or maybe find some internet friends to play against. I can quickly get the game up and working and can save the position saving lots of time setting up and taking down the game each gaming session.
I will therefore consider myself a WIFFE recruit.

I enjoy wargames both on the computer and board games. Some of my favourites are Decision Games, War In Europe, TSR/SPI WW2 (now AETO), Columbia Games Master Front, AH Russian Front, Slitherine's Commander Europe at War, SSI Panzer General series, Relic Games Company of Heroes, Milton Bradley Axis & Allies etc. In addition I have lots of wargames from AH, GMT Games etc. Most of them are WW2 games.

3. My PC specifications
PC: HP Pavilion m8031-sc.a
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS with 640MB video RAM
Monitor: 22" Widescreen with native resolution 1680x1050.
RAM: 2 GB DDR2

4. Interesting MWIF opening strategies
I always like to play Germany and see if it's possible for me to conquer Russia. But I would have liked to coordinate such attack with Japan so Japan launches a major assault upon Russia going for Vladivostok and beyond. Just to see if it's then possible for the Axis in 1941 to enter Siberia and annihilate Russia. The new MWIF map is so pretty I would love to use the Asian part of the map using European scale. So seeing Axis units entering Siberia is my dream.

But I realize this is just a dream and very hard to accomplish so a more realistic opening for the German player is to try for Sealion soon after France falls in 1940. Maybe it's possible to attack France and the Low countries in September 1939 and leave Poland as a buffer against Russia. This means building naval and air units from the start of the game and delay Barbarossa till 1942 or later. It's risky, but very fun to try. Then even the Germans can have a use for all the nice ships in Ships in Flames.

As the US or British player I would consider trying to invade Portugal and then Spain in 1942 to create a second front against Germany early. It may be easier to enter those countries than having to invade France directly. But maybe it takes too long to capture Spain so Germany has enough time to reinforce Spain.

As Japan I would have liked to conquer Australia, home of ADG the creator of WIFFE.

< Message edited by Borger Borgersen -- 8/28/2007 4:17:57 PM >

(in reply to bredsjomagnus)
Post #: 6
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 3:31:41 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borger Borgersen
As Japan I would have liked to conquer Australia, home of ADG the creator of WIFFE.

You will be able to find him, I've marked his position in Australia on MWiF map .

(in reply to Peter Stauffenberg)
Post #: 7
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 4:29:18 PM   
dale1066

1 Testing Experience

Yes it is couldn't agree more with quote below

quote:

Software testing takes patience. Testers are expected to respond to reasonable requests from the developer to provide information about any problems they find. Sometimes that means running through the same boring ten minute long sequence of events half a dozen times and documenting the results so that you can help the developer reproduce the problem on their own computer.

As for me I've worked on software development teams and testing teams over the past six years or so and have the free time available.

2 Cardboard wif experience

Recruit - Playing WiF occasionally (or played a lot a long time ago, uni was useful for something :) still have my copy with the old maps in the garage. plenty of practice of ComputerWif my PDF rules source. Been board-gaming since before high school (bloody hell its been a long time since SPI's Arnhem) and stiil meet with regular gaming mates from uni days, no wif tho' as never enough time GFs wives children etc...

3 PC Spec

Laptop Dell Latitude D610 (I've a higher spec pc if required)
Display
Adapter Type Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter RAM 96.00 MB
Resolution 1400 x 1050 x 60 hertz
Good excuse to get a machine connected to new 42" 1080p TV :)
O/S XP Pro SP2
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
1.8 Ghz processor

btw if its too low a spec I'll buy a new one

4. As for opening scenario.

Got to be how the new scale/map affects Sino-Japanese war preferably as Japan. Is china more defensible or less? maybe one for the Grognards but I think it'll be very intersting to look at the options.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 8
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 5:12:56 PM   
Peter Stauffenberg

quote:

ORIGINAL: dale1066
btw if its too low a spec I'll buy a new one

I actually think Matrix Games is particularly interested in playtesters with low spec PC's. The main reason is that they very much want to get feedback about how slow PC's the game can run on with satisfactory response times etc. Having a state of the art PC is not required to participate in playtesting. They would want playtesters with both AMD and Intel PC's, slow ones and fast ones.

I would also think Matrix Games would like to pick people with different operating systems like XP Home, XP Professional, Vista Home Premium, Vista Business, Vista Ultimate, Windows 2000 etc. Just to get feedback whether the game works well on all these operating systems. Similarly they would want to have playtesters with different graphics cards from ATI and Nvidia. Then they can make a reasonable minimum requirements list before the game is ready for the shelves.

I therefore think ANYONE with a reasonable PC can be helpful as a playtester.

< Message edited by Borger Borgersen -- 8/27/2007 5:15:46 PM >

(in reply to dale1066)
Post #: 9
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 5:21:24 PM   
Arron69

1/ My previous experience of software testing is that i tested Eve-online and since i worked for Games Workshop got closed alpha on warhammer online.

2/ Recruit/Average... our group just got spilt up, since the other 2 members moved away.

3/ CPU: 2,4ghz dualcore Intel.
Ram: 4 gigabytes Coursair.
System: Windows Vista Home.
Screen: 1680x1050-32bit, 60hzt.
Video ram: Nvidia 8800-640mb.

4/ would like to try and make a surprice attack on gibraltar with the italians in 39....

< Message edited by Graf Zeppelin -- 8/27/2007 5:28:03 PM >

The winner of a battle may not be the one who wins the War.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 10
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 5:26:06 PM   
Peter Stauffenberg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borger Borgersen

You will be able to find him, I've marked his position in Australia on MWiF map .

I remember that now. I found Harry Rowland on the map in this link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1306803

He is there in post #7.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 11
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 6:37:19 PM   
MPHopcroft1

1. Some experience beating Face-Off, a computer hockey simulation.

2. Novice (played a little years ago, not recently)

3. 1.6GHz AMD, 2GB ram, 640mb VIDEO ram, 1280*1080 resolution (I think)

4. The very first General article I ever read had an article for Third Reich suggesting a Soviet invasion of Turkey in 1939. I've always wanted to see for myself why that's a bad idea.

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 12
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 8:00:17 PM   
Jimm

1. Nada. Have done some board game testing & developing with a group of friends but nothing which came near publishing.
2. Somewhere between recruit & average. Currently deeply involved in a long running DOD3 game. One previous full campaign and one Barbarossa scenario.
3. Your PC specification. (just the basics):
a. CPU speed 2.41Ghz (Athlon 64)
b. RAM 1Gb
c. OS XP HOME
d. Res: 1280x1024
e. Video Ram 128mb

Italy: a late entry and attack on Turkey in advance of an early German Barbarrossa. Take the Bospherus, open up the Black sea & unhinge any line the Russians care to hold in the Ukraine, and open up a potential jump off into the Caucassus and all the Russian black gold. Very high risk and possibly ends with Italy conquered but Germany winning!

Hey guys, I think Greyshaft just wants to collect all these in case he plays us in MWIF and doesnt want any nasty surprises... ;-)

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 13
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/27/2007 11:40:06 PM   
jchastain

1. Any previous experience in testing software.

Extensive professional testing experience and previous Matrix tester for CoG and FoF. Check my references as I am an active tester who gives lots of feedback.

2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)

b. Recruit - Playing WiF occasionally (or played a lot a long time ago)

It has been a LOT of years, but look forward to digging my teeth into this one. I think I just might own every strategic level WWII computer game ever made.

a. CPU speed Intel C2D 3Ghz
b. RAM 4GB
c. Operating system Vista
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor 30" 2560x1600
e. Video Ram 640MB 8800GTS

4. COMPLETELY OPTIONAL:

France. Full Offensive! It could work.

EDIT: Also, though North American, I do appreciate Tim Tams which must say something for me keen sense of taste.

< Message edited by jchastain -- 8/29/2007 4:06:30 AM >

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 14
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/28/2007 6:20:27 AM   
Zorachus99

1. Escalation engineer for checkpoint software firewall. Worked firsthand in bug scrubs & product management feature creep. Lot of reproducing issues, prioritizing severity & escalating to engineering for decisions on when/if there will be a fix.

2. Been playing WIF for 18 years. Know too many rules, and often misremember old rules. Played many other games; Europa, Squad Leader, Warhammer 40K, Blitzkrieg, Third Reich.

3. Gateway Laptop Desktop Replacement
CPU: 2.0 Ghz
Ram: 2 GB
OS's: Vista X64 ultimate running Vista 32bit, XP 32bit virtual machines.
Max Resolution: 1920x1200
Video Ram: 256MB

4. Top Secret Zeitgeist Plan revealed: Attack Poland & Crush France, Advance on Yugoslavia, Attack Turkey and Dare USSR to DOW Axis. Use the Italian navy to unhinge the Russian line (which is in the temperate) and attack towards Baku while screening all of northern Russia.

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 15
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/28/2007 8:51:04 AM   
mldtchdog

1. None. However I do work with logic routines for robotics.

2. Have to classify myself as recruit. Although I played extensively for ten+ years it has been at least six since I last played.

3. 1.4 Ghz Pentuim iv, 512 MB ram, xp home sp2, radeon 3200 128 mb video, max res 1600x1200

4. I'm eager to play Japan with the new map scale. Can China be crushed to a point of no return? exciting times ahead.

quote:

Hey guys, I think Greyshaft just wants to collect all these in case he plays us in MWIF and doesnt want any nasty surprises... ;-)  

Hmm, note to self...

< Message edited by mldtchdog -- 8/28/2007 8:55:24 AM >

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 16
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/28/2007 11:26:14 AM   
grisouille_slith

1. Any previous experience in testing software. Beta tester of Europa Universalis 1.

2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)
b. Recruit - I played a lot a long time ago (at the beginning of the 90s, with plane in flames and africa in flames)

a. CPU speed : Intel core 2 CPU at 1.66 GHz each
b. RAM : 2 GO
c. Operating system : windows XP
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor : 1280 X800
e. Video Ram : ATI mobily Radeon X1600 : 128

4. COMPLETELY OPTIONAL - NO BONUS POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR (OR AGAINST) ENTRANTS WHO PROVIDE THE NEATEST CORRECT ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING TOPIC:
(In fifty words or less) Pick a country and describe an opening strategy you've always wanted to try in the 1939 campaign game eg.

"As France I'd like to help poland by an offensive on the west front, and then protect Norway as best as I can, and finally resist against the german attack of 1940.."

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 17
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/28/2007 1:16:43 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimm

Actually your input and username feed directly into the AI which will one day recognize your PC spec and take appropriate countermeasures when you try and run MWiF at home

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Jimm)
Post #: 18
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/28/2007 1:19:13 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: grisouille

1. Any previous experience in testing software. Beta tester of Europa Universalis 1.

Hey... so was I !

small world

/Greyshaft

(in reply to grisouille_slith)
Post #: 19
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/28/2007 3:52:10 PM   
delatbabel

quote:

# 1. Any previous experience in testing software.

I run a software company. End of discussion.

quote:

# 2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)

c. Average - Currently playing WiF on a regular basis

quote:

# 3. Your PC specification. (just the basics):

a. CPU speed: P4 3GHz, plus a 2.4GHz laptop.
b. RAM: 2GB
c. Operating system: Linux (but will use Wine/Cedega for testing, and I have a Windows 2000 partition somewhere)
d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor: 1680 x 1050 (widescreen)
e. Video Ram: 256MB

quote:

# 4. COMPLETELY OPTIONAL - NO BONUS POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR (OR AGAINST) ENTRANTS WHO PROVIDE THE NEATEST CORRECT ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING TOPIC:

Poland. I would like to try invading Russia, to give me somewhere to hide.

But seriously: I normally prefer to play Russia, and would adopt a mobile defense strategy, being prepared to counterattack weak points in the German lines early.

--
Del

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 20
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/28/2007 6:18:31 PM   
Irish Guards

Sir Greyshaft and team ..
I would be more than pleased to help in any way possible ..

1. Some experience as a Network Admin ..
2. Since  1st Edition WiF was published 1980's ..?? Gaming for 35 yrs .. WiE .. TSS .. BGG .. EiA ..
3. Dell Dim 3000 .. Win XP .. Screen Res Max 1280x1024 32 bit high res .. CPU 2.66GHz .. RAM Upgradeable ..
4. Playing Axis (Germany) and using all my " pointy units " to bring about a Strategic situation on board that leaves the Allies at a Tactical disadvantage ... And then by using production to eventually control the Air and Naval War ..

Regards
Irish Guards

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 21
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/28/2007 7:54:28 PM   
Ballista

1. I've beta tested various software- including business software and MMOs. After all, I am still a programmer

2. I've played WIF since version 4, through DOD and Final edition including things like Fatal Alliances. I've got a regular opponent who could help (but he's not a computer guy). I'd play more, but the space required is too much for my living space at the moment. To make a long story short (too late, I know) I'd say Average.

3. I have couple of PCs, from a P4 1.8 GHz (1G Ram), a P4 2.4 Ghz(1G ram), to a Centrino Duo Laptop (2G Ram) (my primary computer). I also have a home network setup. Maximum screen resolution is 1680x 1050, but I tend to use multiple older monitors as well on the same machine, resolution maximum for those is 1280 x 1024. Nvidia cards in the XPs machines, ATI X1400 in the laptop.

XP on the most of the machines, Vista on the laptop. The Video Ram varies from 64 on the XP boxes to 128 on the laptop.

4. Take Poland and keep on rollin' Actually I've done it and lost 2 out of 3 times(the one victory was when I so demoralized my opponent- I called it a win by my sheer stupidity ). But I'm kind of crazy that way

dsrgames.blogspot.com

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 22
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/29/2007 2:46:51 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ballista
4. Take Poland and keep on rollin' Actually I've done it and lost 2 out of 3 times(the one victory was when I so demoralized my opponent- I called it a win by my sheer stupidity ). But I'm kind of crazy that way

I tried that one once. Got to Riga, Smolensk and Odessa before the inevitable attack by Western Allies forced me to move some troops west. I managed to take Paris by Dec 1940 but by then the Russian Bear was coming a'knocking on the doorway to East Prussia and the writing was on the wall. I lost but it was crazy fun for a while.

/Greyshaft

(in reply to Ballista)
Post #: 23
RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/29/2007 7:03:24 AM   
Alan_Bernardo

1. Any previous experience in testing software: Links Golf, World at War

• 2. Your experience of cardboard World in Flames (remember we need equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team) : Newbie
    a
  • 3. Your PC specification. (just the basics):
    a. CPU speed: 2.4 ghz
    b. RAM: 1 gig
    c. Operating system: XP
    d. Maximum screen resolution for your monitor: 1280x1024
    e. Video Ram: 256k

quote:

If you have never played WiF then tell us which country you think would be the most interesting one to play and why it is so interesting

I'd play as the United States, because it would be interesting to see how as the United States I would be able to mass the US' potential in production and fighting quality to overwhelm opponents.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
  • Post #: 24
    RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/29/2007 7:09:36 AM   
    jesperpehrson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo
    Links Golf World at War

Evil german golfers invade France?

(in reply to Alan_Bernardo)
    Post #: 25
    RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/29/2007 2:19:01 PM   
    Ballista

Hehe. The only reason I won that one time was because the Russians were doing a pre-emptive strike on Manchuria. He had no army hardly in Europe when I went in and captured a ton of factories (and he couldn't rail them out fast enough nor bring any of his army back from the cold, cold Far East ). Needless to say, I won by demoralizing my opponent (think he surrendered around S/O 40).

Sorry to take up space on this thread- just that it brought back such happy memories I shall blunder my way to Gibraltar (again) in a Russia 1942 Barbarossa........

< Message edited by Ballista -- 8/29/2007 2:20:01 PM >

(in reply to Alan_Bernardo)
    Post #: 26
    RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/29/2007 8:47:43 PM   
    michaelbaldur

how many testere are you nedding ......

(in reply to Ballista)
    Post #: 27
    RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/29/2007 9:08:08 PM   
    Peter Stauffenberg

I read some time ago they wanted 5-10 new beta testers, but I guess some more might be needed later in the beta testing phase. Especially if some beta testers drop out.  So it's never too late to join the team if one is not selected this time.  

< Message edited by Borger Borgersen -- 8/29/2007 10:54:49 PM >

Post #: 28
    RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/29/2007 9:38:14 PM   
    Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

how many testere are you nedding ......

The goal for the test team is 20 people. The current recruitment is for four replacements to bring us back to that number.
    Further down the track when the multiplayer game is available for testing we will look at increasing the size of the team

/Greyshaft

Post #: 29
    RE: Now recruiting additional Betatesters - 8/29/2007 11:40:07 PM   
    jchastain

quote:

ORIGINAL: capitan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo
    Links Golf World at War

Evil german golfers invade France?

More likely Japanese golfers invading Hawaii

< Message edited by jchastain -- 8/29/2007 11:41:23 PM >

(in reply to jesperpehrson)
    Post #: 30
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Now recruiting additional Betatesters Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI