Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Needs Info

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Needs Info Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Needs Info - 9/5/2007 4:09:31 PM   
velkro

I'm looking for a couple of things, albeit unsuccessfully:

1. A listing of CHS bases, with production values (oil, resources, HI, etc.), contained therein. I have a stock list, and a "CHS revision file", but am having trouble merging the two.

2. I see in several "guides" that refer to repairing damaged oil centers and HI centers, et. al. However, I'm playing the Allies and I just can't figure out how to choose "repair" on those types of things. Can anyone clarify how to choose "repair" as the Allies on damaged HI, oil, resource centers?

Thanks!

John
Post #: 1
RE: Needs Info - 9/5/2007 5:26:07 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: velkro

2. I see in several "guides" that refer to repairing damaged oil centers and HI centers, et. al. However, I'm playing the Allies and I just can't figure out how to choose "repair" on those types of things. Can anyone clarify how to choose "repair" as the Allies on damaged HI, oil, resource centers?

Thanks!

John

First you select the hex the base is in (doesn't matter if the base screen is open or not). Next, click on the icon at the bottom of the screen that you're interested in (the symbols represent oil, resources, etc.) On the screen that opens, you will see a highlighted word "Yes" or "No" next to the query "Repair?" Whatever word is showing is what is selected. Click on the word if you want to toggle it.

You must also be aware that if an item is set to repair (Repair? = Yes), it will only do so if there are more than 10,000 supply at the base. Further, each item repaired uses 1,000 supply! So, if you have to repair 30 resources, that will use up 30,000 supply.

One last thing: Only one of each item can repair each day at each base. So, if a base has resources 10(5) - which means 10 operating plus 5 damaged - it will repair one resource the first day at a cost of 1,000 supply, etc (if the base has > 10,000 supply present). If a base has resources 10(5) and oil 30(7), then on the first day it will repair one resource and one oil for a cost of 2,000 supply provided you have adequate supply present.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to velkro)
Post #: 2
RE: Needs Info - 9/6/2007 2:04:53 AM   
velkro

Cool Deal; Thanks!

Next question: In CHS, several bases (Bombay, Karachi, Calcutta) show x resource centers in the industry pool list and x resources per day (y/x) in their base screens. Is that right? Why?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: Needs Info - 9/6/2007 2:15:07 AM   
witpqs

I don't know about the industry pool list.

The base screen is read this way: if only 'x', then x is the amount on hand. If 'x/y', then x is the amount on hand and y is the amount added per day.

Note that amounts added per day (whether oil, supply, resources, or fuel) are independent of what is produced at the base, used by units at the base, etc.

(in reply to velkro)
Post #: 4
RE: Needs Info - 9/7/2007 3:05:23 AM   
velkro

Thanks again.
Final Question: For Andrew's Map Mod version 2.08, I can't find an accurate list of Allied bases and their production values. The Readme is way out of whack with 2.08, and the Map mod version 2.00 notes simply say something to the effect that, "Australian resources have been reduced, while daily supply at several bases has been increased." Does anyone have a spreadsheet with production values? I'm trying to figure out what resources/oil/fuel/supply I need to send from which base to which base. Thanks!
John

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: Needs Info - 9/7/2007 5:54:13 PM   
VSWG

quote:

Cool Deal; Thanks!

Next question: In CHS, several bases (Bombay, Karachi, Calcutta) show x resource centers in the industry pool list and x resources per day (y/x) in their base screens. Is that right? Why?

Correct. Resources, supplies, oil and fuel appear on the map in two different ways. First, they are produced "on map" by all oil and resource centers and heavy industry - the stuff represented by symbols on the the very bottom of the screen. These facilities can stop producing, either by being turned off, or by being damaged/destroyed.

Secondly, some (few) bases generate daily supply/oil/... This is "off map" production: they arrive at this bases from destinations outside of the WitP map. This production never stops, and cannot be destroyed.

In the screenshot below, you can see that Bombay produces 200 supplies, 1000 fuel points and 200 resource points by "off map" production (red circles) every day. ADDITIONALY, the 200 resource centers generate another 250 resource points and 200 supplies every day, and the heavy industry will (if supplied with oil and resources) also generate supply and fuel.

Also note that resouce and oil centers stop producing when hostile troops are present in their hex - daily production (and heavy industry, IIRC) aren't affected.

For more info about industry read section II.A here, especially the 'Japanese Economy FlowChart'::

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1274014

(in reply to velkro)
Post #: 6
RE: Needs Info - 9/7/2007 6:08:13 PM   
VSWG

quote:

Thanks again.
Final Question: For Andrew's Map Mod version 2.08, I can't find an accurate list of Allied bases and their production values. The Readme is way out of whack with 2.08, and the Map mod version 2.00 notes simply say something to the effect that, "Australian resources have been reduced, while daily supply at several bases has been increased." Does anyone have a spreadsheet with production values? I'm trying to figure out what resources/oil/fuel/supply I need to send from which base to which base. Thanks!
John

You can extract all scenario data with Michael's WitP import/export utility:
http://mathubert.free.fr/witp_files/witpload.zip

This will generate a couple of .csv files, which you can import into Excel. I've made a 'Logistics' spreadsheet for CHS 2.06 Scen 158 that calculates all the numbers for easy consumption - it's an .xlsx file (Excel 2007). PM me if you want it.

(in reply to velkro)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Needs Info Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI