Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

cant get sound to work??!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> cant get sound to work??!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cant get sound to work??!!!! - 9/10/2000 3:20:00 AM   
LARKIN

anyone have any idea why the sound wont work during gameplay in v4.0???

Post #: 1
- 9/10/2000 3:48:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

YOu don't have an SB live do you... DO any of the sounds work> try deleting the steel.prf file then try changing the emulation mode (go to control panel sounds and follow the instructions fo ryour sound card.

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 2
- 9/10/2000 4:32:00 AM   
CPUMage

quote:

Originally posted by LARKIN: anyone have any idea why the sound wont work during gameplay in v4.0???
I'm having the same problem. I have an ESS1938S Sound Card. I get some sound but am missing the major sounds like artillery, planes, gun fire. I get troop movement and some explosion/hit sounds. I tried deleting the steel.prf file from the saved files folder, still get no sound.

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 3
- 9/10/2000 5:35:00 AM   
Skotty

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: YOu don't have an SB live do you... DO any of the sounds work> try deleting the steel.prf file then try changing the emulation mode (go to control panel sounds and follow the instructions fo ryour sound card.
So r u saying there is a combatiblity problem with the SB Live? I have had intermittent probs with sound. On my first 4.0 upgrade, I had NO sound execpt on the opening video, and "z" key direct fire. I deleted the install, reinstalled from scratch.. ver 1.0 - 2.0- 4.0. Now only the terrain and ambient sounds don't work... so far. i have only played on quick scen, "PZ FWD!!" which didn't had arty or planes, so I can't say. In all prev ver, the terrain and ambient sounds didn't work all of the time.

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 4
- 9/10/2000 5:45:00 AM   
Supervisor

All of the sound problems that people are having HAS to be a compatibility issue with their respective sound cards. All of the in-game sounds are standard Windows .wav files. Nothing non-standard or special about them. I would suggest updating drivers and/or playing around with options which your card may have... ------------------ Jon Johnson Audio/Video Productions Matrix Games

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 5
- 9/10/2000 6:48:00 AM   
Keebler

I'm running on an SB Live (Latest Drivers) without problem. Had V2.3 and upped to 4.0 As if I have not said it enough "GREAT GAME" [This message has been edited by Keebler (edited September 09, 2000).]

If you can't be HAPPY you shouldn't be anything at all!

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 6
- 9/10/2000 7:41:00 AM   
Supervisor

One more thing, make sure that you have the latest DirectX installed. Start the DirectX Diagnostic program to find what version you have. My Direct Sound .dll and .vxd are both v4.07.00.0700 and I have no problem hearing any of the sounds in-game... ------------------ Jon Johnson Audio/Video Productions Matrix Games

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 7
- 9/10/2000 9:17:00 AM   
CPUMage

Just figured out the problem with sound. I did an upgrade install and noticed that the snd directory only had just over 100 wav files. There should be 527 wav files. I downloaded and installed the FULL version and now all works. Thanks Jon Dan

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 8
- 9/10/2000 9:50:00 AM   
Rhone

I did a 4.0 upgrade, I have a SB LIVE, some of my sounds are not working and I have 520 something wav files in my SND directory.

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 9
- 9/10/2000 10:16:00 AM   
KGzim

I had the same problem and downloaded the full version and "Bingo" all the sounds work fine.
quote:

Originally posted by CPUMage: Just figured out the problem with sound. I did an upgrade install and noticed that the snd directory only had just over 100 wav files. There should be 527 wav files. I downloaded and installed the FULL version and now all works. Thanks Jon Dan

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 10
- 9/10/2000 11:52:00 AM   
crazyivan

i had the same problem some sounds would work others wouldn't so i did a fresh install from v2=2.1=2.2=2.3=and last v4 making shore i rebooted after each install i have played 2 scns so far and all is well i run a mx400 soundcard. can any ony help me? i looked up the oob editor for germany and quit a few weapons 37mm some 88s etc have no sound number just 0 but still seam to work in the game what gives? top game man its cool

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 11
- 9/10/2000 12:15:00 PM   
Supervisor

quote:

Originally posted by crazyivan: can any ony help me? i looked up the oob editor for germany and quit a few weapons 37mm some 88s etc have no sound number just 0 but still seam to work in the game what gives? top game man its cool
All that the sound number in the oob represents is a specific sound. If the weapon sound is 0 in the oob, then the system determines which sound to play based on warhead size, weapon size, etc... ------------------ Jon Johnson Audio/Video Productions Matrix Games

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 12
- 9/10/2000 9:32:00 PM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by LARKIN: anyone have any idea why the sound wont work during gameplay in v4.0???
For any of you that have cards with the Aureal chip set: mx300, mx400, sq2500, etc. In many cases simply turning off (place a check in box) Directsound hardware acceleration seems to resolve any problems. Greg.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 13
- 9/10/2000 11:24:00 PM   
Rhone

I disabled my SB16 emulation on the SB Live but that had no effect. Of course, I don't understand how all of my sounds work just fine except Artillery.

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 14
- 9/11/2000 12:02:00 AM   
Fuerte

Perhaps the fast artillery option is on?

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 15
- 9/11/2000 2:14:00 AM   
thor

I had the same problem with the sound. However I noticed on a second install that when using the browse option to select directory that the install program added another steelpanthers subdirectory. I reinstalled being careful to put things in the same directory and all sounds now work!! Surprisingly enough the games still played when installed to two different places so it was hard to notice the problem.

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 16
- 9/12/2000 8:27:00 AM   
Nikademus

i just succeeded in downloading the upgrade and i too am experiencing an absence of the majority of sound effects in the game. Only sounds registering (so far) are infantry moving, vechicle moving, explosions (sometimes) nothing else, no gunfire, artillery, MG fire, plane diving, bombs, nada after browsing this thread did chk my SND directory. I have 492 wav files. very strange if its a soundcard bug, I had 100% sounds with ver 2.3 is the complete game the only option? (cringes at the thought with his obsolete 28.8 connection) (Card is a SB AWE 64)

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 17
- 9/12/2000 9:09:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Again - look for a nested directory - Much of the new stuff is there...just move it.

(in reply to LARKIN)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> cant get sound to work??!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI