Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I have lost Faith

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> I have lost Faith Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I have lost Faith - 9/6/2007 6:04:18 AM   
mazian

I really doubt that this project will ever be complete. My dissapointment is such that I will no longer hold out hope. If it DOES happen, I am sure I will hear the trumpets sound . After waiting 4 yearsm hope fades
Post #: 1
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/6/2007 10:52:11 AM   
timewalker03

Oh come on! You just need to suck up to Marshall and sing his praises. That has worked so far. Maybe Matrix can help. Maybe they could add a programmer or two to help speed up the coding process. Maybe they could add a test group or two also to help out. Nah! Let's keep things the way they are because it has been so successful up to now. Maybe we could suggest to add more EiH rules and have another run at all the optional rules the game has to offer. Maybe we should just suck up more! That's the best way to go. Keep up the good work Marshall! Let's hope this part time project doesn't interfere with all of your other projects you are working on. All Hail!

Or maybe we give this project a kick in the pants and let Marshall and Matrix know that we would like to have a product to play and get someone to actually stand behind it other than those people on this board who have waited patiently for 4 years or more. I everyday fall under the same view as in the project will not be completed unless Matrix gets behind it. I am not in despair because I never had it to begin with. I am not even disappointed to this point that the game hasn't been released yet. The game was being play tested in 2004 and is still being play tested in 2007. nearly 2008. I envy all the play testers because they got to play a game I would have enjoyed to play myself. But hey, it just may not be meant to be! Viva La Matrix

(in reply to mazian)
Post #: 2
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/6/2007 4:23:30 PM   
sol_invictus

I just got finished waiting five years for Guns of August to get released, so keep the faith and enjoy the fall weather that hopefully will arrive shortly.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to timewalker03)
Post #: 3
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/6/2007 8:52:09 PM   
Alex Gilbert

I am with Arinvald.

Can someone explain to me the logic of "Give it to me now, or don't do it at all!"  I mean really, if you have been waiting so long, and are so eager to play, why would you give an ultimatum such as this.

And while we are on the subject, if you get so frustrated continually checking the boards and not seeing any progress, might I suggest the obvious: Don't check the boards.  Check the Matrix store once a month for when the game comes out.  In the meantime, focus on whatever else is going on in your life. 

Finally, as a professional (though not in a computer field), I can tell you that if I were addressed with the same degree of sarcasm seen on the forums, I would fire that patient.  I don't need that aggravation from people who have no experience in what I do.  I applaud Marshall and Matrix for putting up with it all. 

So sit back, relax, enjoy the end of summer and realize that you have spent all your life without computer EiA, so not having it is no loss to you, and when it comes, your life (and mine) will be that much better.

< Message edited by Alex Gilbert -- 9/6/2007 8:53:26 PM >

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 4
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/6/2007 10:05:36 PM   
ASHBERY76

I find the progress updates very funny,as they say same thing every year.I thought when Matrix announced the licence to this game it would be a big deal and compete with Paradox games for sales,but it has turned into a  joke that nobody cares about.Such a waste of a good licence.

(in reply to Alex Gilbert)
Post #: 5
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/9/2007 9:30:50 AM   
YohanTM2

The sad part is people do care, I wonder if ADG can repo the license?

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 6
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/11/2007 12:41:41 PM   
denshiblocks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan

The sad part is people do care, I wonder if ADG can repo the license?

exactly! the reason why i count myself in the "give it to me now, or not at all" camp is because i think this game is going to end up as a disgrace.

i have no plans on buying it now - ill just play europa universalis and wish to myself that it was more like EiA.

in fact, if matrix ever hopes to break even on this disaster, they should probably just sell the license to paradox games and let them do it some justice.

the totally half-assed approach to developing this game does not bode well for the final product. i want an AI that i can play against, graphics that dont hurt my eyes, and music that doesnt make me want to turn it off. i havent seen any evidence that EiA will have any of these meager things.

please dont disgrace the name and tradition of EiA, just sell the license to someone with resources and respect for the game, and release this pile of crap in 2011 with the name "Europe in Flames" or something stupid like that to the three people who still care.

(in reply to YohanTM2)
Post #: 7
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/12/2007 12:43:32 AM   
Michael T

I agree. Matrix have lost me. Its a very unprofessional situation. It seems even if the game comes out it will be a bug ridden poor copy of the original boardgame. I am breaking out the boardgame again. I have been telling my buddies now for years that EIA is almost done for the PC. Now they just laugh. I am over it. I won't be buying any matrix stuff or recommending it. Total amatures.

(in reply to denshiblocks)
Post #: 8
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/12/2007 12:44:46 AM   
donkuchi19

I find it funny that you are all jumping on the troll bandwagon with 2 people whose total post count at Matrix combined is 35.

(in reply to denshiblocks)
Post #: 9
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/12/2007 3:01:37 AM   
ktotwf

Lets review how this forum works:

1. The Developers say the game is almost ready.

2. People become happy, say the wait was worth it.

3. Developers say some problems have come up.

4. People bitch and moan and make threads about how they have lost faith, aka general whining and attention whoring.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 10
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/12/2007 3:13:16 AM   
StCyr

you don´t only post to blame the forum for being negative, do you ?

Seems you missed several indeed constructiv discussions by Marshall, playtersters and intrested users, sorry for this.

< Message edited by StCyr -- 9/12/2007 3:25:05 AM >

(in reply to ktotwf)
Post #: 11
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/12/2007 12:31:53 PM   
denshiblocks

quote:

ORIGINAL: donkuchi

I find it funny that you are all jumping on the troll bandwagon with 2 people whose total post count at Matrix combined is 35.

i joined this board 4 months after you, fella. i guess i just had 884 less inane things to say than you. i usually subscribe to the wisdom that if you cant say something nice, dont say anything at all - but if this is the way EiA is going to be dragged through the mud, i cant keep quiet. give the name to someone who can develope it properly - and release this game under a different name when its finally ready in the far distant future.

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 12
RE: I have lost Faith - 9/13/2007 11:07:19 PM   
dwinston

How true!

quote:

ORIGINAL: ktotwf

Lets review how this forum works:

1. The Developers say the game is almost ready.

2. People become happy, say the wait was worth it.

3. Developers say some problems have come up.

4. People bitch and moan and make threads about how they have lost faith, aka general whining and attention whoring.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

(in reply to ktotwf)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> I have lost Faith Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI