Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Small map sizes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Small map sizes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Small map sizes? - 9/10/2000 5:06:00 AM   
Stahler

Is there anyway to make the map smaller than than the default "small"? I remember there were some premade small maps in the 2.X version, but I can't find any of them after installing the 4.0. (I haven't played for some time and reinstalled everything again when getting the patch)

Post #: 1
- 9/10/2000 5:49:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Sorry you did not include your E-Mail address or I would have sent them to you. They are probably still in your scenario subdirectory unless you downloaded 4.0 without saving them out of the game. If you didn't, I'm sure they are gone. THey need now to go into the maps directory. A new directory in the game that was not there before. You can make your own with Fred Chlanda's map editor. Its quite simple. That editor is also included with the game...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Stahler)
Post #: 2
- 9/10/2000 4:06:00 PM   
Stahler

Thanks, I now found the maps from version 2. However, you got me curios about that excellent map editor by Chlanda. Maybe it's just me, but I can't find any way to shrink the maps myself. I've read the documention but it didn't give any way of doing that. Stahler

(in reply to Stahler)
Post #: 3
- 9/10/2000 6:08:00 PM   
Fabs

quote:

Originally posted by Stahler: Thanks, I now found the maps from version 2. However, you got me curios about that excellent map editor by Chlanda. Maybe it's just me, but I can't find any way to shrink the maps myself. I've read the documention but it didn't give any way of doing that. Stahler
It's not just you, I have had the same problem. I thought that I could design a large map of a battle area and then cut out smaller chunks of it for individual small battles, but I could not find a way to reduce the overall map size after pasting my fragment into a new map. Fred's programmes are excellent, but a bit short on instructions for dopey guys like me! ------------------ Fabs [This message has been edited by Fabs (edited September 10, 2000).]

Fabs

(in reply to Stahler)
Post #: 4
- 9/10/2000 8:09:00 PM   
KGzim

How to make smaller maps. 1. create normal map in SPWAW game editor and save. 2. open Chlanda's map editor and load your map from SPWAW "Map" folder. *note you must remember what slot number you saved it to. 3. GO to "options, Inspection mode" a window will appear. 4. on the bottom right you will see the size of the map. 5 just change those numbers to the size you want than hit the "retain button" 6.Once you hit the retain button ( you dont have to wait) go to "files and save the game file. * note you must save map as"pzmapxx" x being map file number. If this is a new map from a saved map and you want the orignal map to still be saved nake sure you save the new map to a blank file number. 7. Go to SPWAW editor and load your map. Now if this is a new map you saved from a orginal the spot will have no name but the map is there. just open it and than save with a name. If you have any problems let me know and i will make thew maps for you. "KGZim"

(in reply to Stahler)
Post #: 5
- 9/10/2000 10:55:00 PM   
Stahler

Thanks KGzim! I just tried to make a small map as you described and it worked without a problem now. Stahler

(in reply to Stahler)
Post #: 6
- 9/11/2000 12:56:00 AM   
Fabs

Thanks a lot, KGzim, I'll try that as soon as I have finished downloading version 4. (4 hours to go!) ------------------ Fabs

Fabs

(in reply to Stahler)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Small map sizes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI