Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Offers to supply the game on CD-R

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Offers to supply the game on CD-R Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Offers to supply the game on CD-R - 9/10/2000 8:59:00 AM   
Bonzo

I know there are a LOT of people out there that would like version 4 but are either unable download it or have to pay very high charges for net time. Most folks in Canada and the USA will have access to the game (at some point) via the newsstand version of various games magazines. It does not look so promising for gamers elsewhere. I have offered to supply 20 people with a copy of the COMPLETE game on CD-R for $0.00. (for the whole offer, see my post in the PC Gamer & SPW@W thread) This, I know, is a drop in the bucket, but if enough of us do it, we can help out a lot of our fellow gamers. I propose that those of us up to burning and shipping a few (or many!!) disks post a note here saying if they have the COMPLETE game or the PATCH. Once they've reached their limit, they post a note here saying so. As (I Hope!) this will get to be a long thread, let's keep it neat and post any comments or complaints to a new thread or by e-mail. Please!! Don't post any requests here. E-mail the request to one of the volunteers (if we get any). And please don't ask for the disk from a bunch of people, you would be taking copies away from others. Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail
Post #: 1
- 9/10/2000 9:02:00 AM   
Don

I will be happy to supply, say 5 people to start with, the V4.0 patch. I'm low on money, and if I can afford to send it to more I will. I'll send disks out the the first five who post or email me! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 2
- 9/10/2000 11:41:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Very kind of you gentlemen. I know you are making a sacrifice to help other gamers. That is a very noble spirit indeed...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 3
- 9/10/2000 1:41:00 PM   
Tankhead

I got to say, very fine gentlemens we have here, who said there was no good people around anymore. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com [This message has been edited by Tankhead (edited September 10, 2000).]

Tankhead

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 4
- 9/10/2000 2:09:00 PM   
Fuerte

I have the patch (NOT the full game), and I will burn it to my PBEM mate for obvious reasons, and if someone in Helsinki needs it too, e-mail me.

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 5
- 9/10/2000 5:27:00 PM   
Didactylos

I have the patch for 2.0 onwards and will burn a few for ppl in UK or Europe. E mail me and I'll stop when i run out of time or its getting a bit costly for me. I did this for the original game.. Only too happy to help, and its a minor effort compared to the work of the designers. Cheers Roger ------------------ "Do teachers go anywhere special when they die?" said Cohen. "I don't think so," said Mr Saveloy gloomily, wondering for a moment whether there really was a Great Free Period in the sky. It didn't sound very likely. Probably there would be some marking to do.

"Do teachers go anywhere special when they die?" said Cohen. "I don't think so," said Mr Saveloy gloomily, wondering for a moment whether there really was a Great Free Period in the sky. It didn't sound very likely. Probably there would be some marking to

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 6
- 9/11/2000 10:27:00 AM   
Bonzo

Just a note to those I have already e-mailed promises of of a disk. I finished the download, it installed on my machine OK. I've burnt all the CDs that are spoken for & will get them out tomorrow. A note to others: I still have a few CDs I can burn & ship. If you need a copy of the complete game (Version 1 and first timers) & can't handle the 345mb download, drop me a note at: [mail]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/mail] Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 7
- 9/12/2000 7:54:00 AM   
Bonzo

Still have about 5 disks to send to people who need the full version. Drop me an email. ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 8
- 9/12/2000 11:51:00 AM   
STEELER

Hi Bonzo, Great idea. I did pass out 4 copies when first version came out last winter. Unfortunately I do not have time to mail each person who asks, so here is my deal...if anyone is willing, I will burn 20 copies of game and mail them free of charge in the US or Canada to the ONE person who will be distributer. I have the full version 4.0. Please respond via email to Steelersuperbowl@home.com Thank you. Best Wishes, STEELER [This message has been edited by STEELER (edited September 12, 2000).]

Best Wishes,
STEELER

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 9
- 9/12/2000 2:14:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Very kind of all of you. Thanks for being concerned for others to this degree...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 10
- 9/12/2000 10:04:00 PM   
jpkeenan

To help show my gratitude for this marvelous FREE game I am willing to burn some CDs for those who cannot download the game. I have the full version (4.0), including the manual. I will send the disks to the first 5 people who email me with their address. I can do more later if the need is there. Thanks you MATRIX for this opportunity, I do not know how you could devote the countless hours to this project and not charge for it. I certainly will support you by purchasing future products. Many Thanks John Keenan jpkeenan@ispchannel.com

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 11
- 9/13/2000 1:13:00 AM   
Banzai

If anyone needs it I can also burn several copies of the game. I did this before for the previous version and can offer to help agaiin by burning the new version just give me a ring at my e-mail address. Banzai finan@speakeasy.org

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 12
- 9/13/2000 1:18:00 AM   
Tombstone

Looks like there are more people willing to burn and mail than people who want a copy..?? I'll be willing to do a handful of SPWAW shipments to people as well... once I'm up and running. Tomo

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 13
- 9/13/2000 1:46:00 AM   
mucius

If there is anybody out there in germany who wants to have the game or update just mail me. mm

derint dum metuant

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 14
- 9/13/2000 1:58:00 AM   
Red Baron

Yes, but the more who react this way, the more players we is going to bee on that lovely silicon battlefield;0) Regards..Red Baron. ------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!!

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 15
- 9/13/2000 2:00:00 AM   
Red Baron

Red Baron
quote:

Originally posted by Red Baron: Yes, but the more who react this way, the more players we is going to bee on that lovely silicon battlefield;0) Regards..Red Baron. UPS...!!Forgot what i wanted to say8^) Hi All Scandinavians.. If theres anyone in scandinavian who has trouble DL WAW V.4 I´ll be ready to make some copy´s to distribute free of charge.. Just send me a mail. Vi skandinaver må holde sammen, inden EU overtager det hele;^) Regards..Red Baron.
------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!!

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 16
- 9/13/2000 6:02:00 AM   
Bonzo

I am truly happy to see the response on this thread Thank you all. I say that because I have just ran out of CDs I haven't had to turn anyone away yet and will direct all future requests to this thread. Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 17
- 9/13/2000 6:21:00 AM   
NateD

You guys are truely awesome. I only wish that most of the players from my other passion, Madden Football, were as gracious as you. I would like to ask for someone to please mail me the patch on a disk. It will take me over 20 hours to do so myself and I've been disconnected each time I try. I will gladly reimburse and add extra if anyone could please help me out. My email is nate916@homestead.com or purlings@grapevine.net ICQ is 59190247. Thanks again guys! ------------------ Nate, "Sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission."

Nate, "Sometimes descretion is the better part of valor."

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 18
- 9/13/2000 8:56:00 AM   
NateD

Thanks Don for the generous offer. I can't wait to get online with the new toy! ------------------ Nate, "Sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission."

Nate, "Sometimes descretion is the better part of valor."

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 19
- 9/13/2000 11:40:00 AM   
jerrek

i can't post out disks to people (my quartely gst and income tax due in a month) but anyone in brisbane australia who comes to my house with a disk - i can burn version 1, and all patches if you want (if they fit). This would also be a great way for anyone local to meet fellow plyers.

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 20
- 9/13/2000 12:03:00 PM   
Don

No problem, Nate! In a few days it'll be like Cristmas is here and you are gonna love it! Don

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Bonzo)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Offers to supply the game on CD-R Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI