Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

League Creation: Uniforms?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> League Creation: Uniforms? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
League Creation: Uniforms? - 9/24/2007 5:46:00 PM   
Bobolini

Hey Gang,

I just got the game and plunged right in and built a league. Well, I don't understand the uniform assignment? I don't see one. When building each team it ask for a sleeve color and face mask? Well, I did that and when I went to play my first game the two teams were red and white? Is their no team colors editor like in FB Pro? I appreciate any guidance and I know something can be done as I've seen some good looking color schemes on this website.

THanks and I'm looking forward to this game!

< Message edited by Marauders -- 9/24/2007 7:47:31 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Just Got it and I'm confused - 9/24/2007 7:38:39 PM   
nmleague

No there is not a team uniform editor like FB pro.  However the Maximum Football community has created a multitude of uniforms.  At FBmax.com you can find unforms for all NFL teams from a number of different era's, also I believe all 120 division 1A college uniforms are there, in addition there must be over 50 fictional team uniforms.

To use these open the Matrix folder, then the MF folder, in that folder you will see a folder for the league your created.  Open that and you will see a folder for each team in the league.  Inside the team folders you will see a folder for "home" and "away" uniforms.  Just download the uniforms you want and copy the home and away folder into the team folder of the team you want to have that uniform.

While you are at it check you on of the stock league folders, and open up a team folder, you will then see how field art and other graphic files can be added to a team.

One over note, at FBmax there is a section for uniforms, put many of the uniforms are still in the "unsorted" section.

Hope this helps, if you need more help just post.

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 2
RE: Just Got it and I'm confused - 9/24/2007 7:45:42 PM   
DONMVP

welcome to group . See mmleague beat me to it to tell you about stuff . Another thing at fbmax you`ll see a basic uniform creator . Most people have used it over the past yr to create all the great uniforms . Good luck.

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 3
RE: Just Got it and I'm confused - 9/24/2007 7:52:25 PM   
David Winter

Welcome Bobolini.

As others have mentioned, there is no in-game functionality for designing uniforms. I have purposefully left that out because I would wind up just building another paint program into the game. I could spend as much time designing and building that as the rest of the game, and there are already a lot of really good graphics programs on the market. Many of those are free.

To create your uniforms you can start with the templates dropped into the teams folder. They're plain bmp file so any graphics program can open them for editing.

There is also a wealth of ready made uniforms from other sources on the net.

thanks and welcome again
David

(in reply to DONMVP)
Post #: 4
RE: Just Got it and I'm confused - 9/24/2007 8:35:53 PM   
bassman58

You can have many uniforms in your team folder. You can choose these from the uniform select screen. You can either make your own or d/l them. Most uniform makers have the files in a folder that you can paste into your team folder. Don't delete the home and away folders because the game will just re-create them. You can name folders as you wish but 'home2006' or 'away1991' are short examples.

I also made a tutorial to create your own uniforms. It's based on Paint Shop Pro but it applies to other programs.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
RE: Just Got it and I'm confused - 9/24/2007 9:50:06 PM   
Bobolini

I don't see a uniform select screen? Except when getting ready to start a game. Why isn't there anything on the Team Edit screen aside from Face Mask and Sleeve color? Besdies, these didn't see to matter what color I picked? I tried to download some uniforms from FB MAX and I imported them into the league and teams using the (Home and Away) folders and all I get with that is a completely all white unifrom. Dave mentioned all teams have BMP template so maybe I will open this up and try and mod the colors.

Thanks for the support gang. It's nice having helpful people involved with a program. I don't feel like I'm lost in the shuffle.

(in reply to bassman58)
Post #: 6
RE: Just Got it and I'm confused - 9/24/2007 10:09:46 PM   
David Winter

Bobolini.

There is no uniform selection screen. Assignment of uniforms is done through the normal copy/paste process for Windows. The face mask colour is not the uniform colour. The sleeve option allows you to tell the game where to draw the secondary uniform numbers (sleeves or shoulders).

The last couple of pages in the manual discuss the process of assigning a uniform to a team and what folders they should go into. You can also look at the exsting leagues and see how the uniform files are organized.

hope that helps

thanks

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 7
RE: Just Got it and I'm confused - 9/25/2007 1:04:21 AM   
garysorrell

I have some fictional unis and accompanying field art that I will be posting on FBMAX soon. About 63 in total.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 8
RE: Just Got it and I'm confused - 9/25/2007 8:39:30 PM   
bassman58

On the team selection screen there are arrows to select the different uniforms, home, away and any others.

The facemask colors will show in the game if the player detail is low or normal. High detail uses different graphics and we have no control over the color.

All of the uniforms that I made are setup so that all you have to do is unzip the file and copy the folder to your teams folder. Using the Arizona Cardinals 1998 uniforms as an example. Copy the home1998 and away1998 folders to X:\Maximum-Football\your_league\ArizonaCardinals. You will now have 4 folders. Home and Away will have the red and white uniforms. You need to replace the red and white uniforms (the BMP files) with the current uniforms (or any other you like). A 1959 uniform set has been created. You could create a 1959 league and use these uniforms as your home and away selections. I set my league up so that I can use any historic uniform as a throwback that the current team can use.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> League Creation: Uniforms? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI