Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Divisiion Series best of 7!?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Divisiion Series best of 7!? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/4/2007 10:09:55 PM   
slider15

I just noticed running the playoffs on an association that the division series is a best of 7. I thought it was suppose to be a best of 5, but I can not find any options to change it. Anyone one else have this problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/5/2007 12:38:35 AM   
KG Erwin

Playoff format is something that should be part of the association setup options. I'd also like a one-game sudden death playoff for settling ties. This would definitely help for old-style two-league setups.

(in reply to slider15)
Post #: 2
RE: Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/5/2007 1:53:00 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: slider15

I just noticed running the playoffs on an association that the division series is a best of 7. I thought it was suppose to be a best of 5, but I can not find any options to change it. Anyone one else have this problem?

Yea, that is a limitation of PureSim 2007. I'll look at making this configurable for next year's version.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to slider15)
Post #: 3
RE: Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/5/2007 4:11:49 PM   
slider15

Sweet, Looking forward to next years version. Oh, was there any decision on the 2d sprites for players in the field?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/5/2007 4:23:09 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: slider15

Sweet, Looking forward to next years version. Oh, was there any decision on the 2d sprites for players in the field?

Given the amount of core game play and AI I want to work on, I'm pretty close to killing the idea of doing 2D animated graphics.

I'd be interested to hear people's comments on this. On one hand I think it would be cool. A top down 2D view of the action with in an X's and O's style. On the other hand I'd hate for teh game to be judged as having lame graphics and lead to one not investigating how deep PureSim is.

There are so many things I think are more important though. Things that should have been put in long ago like drag and drop lineup creation for example.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to slider15)
Post #: 5
RE: Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/5/2007 5:27:45 PM   
markprior22

Yeah, I like the 2D (or 3D) models for football and basketball where different "plays" are run but I just don't see it as important for baseball.  Personally, I'd be much happier if you spent your time working on the game itself rather than graphics.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 6
RE: Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/5/2007 8:31:53 PM   
kenparker23

I agree with the above, however, I am a holdover from the fps days.  I think the 2d display is something that would set your game apart and is very important to me.  You have a nice game under the hood.  It can always be tweaked and there are a few quirks here and there.  If I wanted complete accuracy, I would look to DMB.  In DMB, I cannot get immersed in the interface and the in-game experience is not very satisfying.  What can happen is you can spend time on each new version with under-the-hood tweaks and changes and still never be content.  I think if you had a nice 2d display to build from (given the current game state) and then made some core changes, you would get more customers and be quite satisfied with the final product.  The folks that buy this game will always see past graphics.  This is why console baseball does not appeal to me.

Just a humble opinion from a paying customer.  I truly enjoy your game and have appreciated your contributions to this genre. 

(in reply to markprior22)
Post #: 7
RE: Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/5/2007 9:49:38 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Put me in the "leave the graphics alone, focus on the mechanics" column.

If I wanted animation, I'd play HHB2003 or MVP2005. When I am looking for total immersion, massive customization, statistical obsession and a feeling of true connection, I play PSB. I had once said that attempting to give the game any more animation than it already has would turn it from a GREAT statistical game to a CRAPPY animated game. You change the category it sits in and you change how it's viewed. It's like putting a sports car engine in a minivan. You go from a GREAT family transport to a horribly performing sports car-type-thing. On the ball flight and fireworks animation, I'm glad that both are there but I'm also glad both can be turned off. I've never been a fan of either.

I'll summarize my position by saying: "If it ain't broke..."

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to kenparker23)
Post #: 8
RE: Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/12/2007 5:19:44 AM   
galaril

Shaun,

I think the best way to go would be graphics like that for a later version and work on tightening up the game play/AI and stuff like the playoff format stuff e.g 5 game series etc.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 9
RE: Divisiion Series best of 7!? - 10/12/2007 9:32:45 PM   
cdvalenta

Shaun -

I agree with Frozen Stiffer and galaril.

Also - adding a playoff format selection for the 2008 version would be great!

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Divisiion Series best of 7!? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI