Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Cheating Soviets

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> The Cheating Soviets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Cheating Soviets - 10/13/2007 4:12:50 AM   
brich1964

The AI appears to have found the secret of attacking with infantry units, then moving them out of the way of a counter-attack. It makes it really hard to play the Germans when the AI is doing this.

The Soviets made a large attack from Kharkov against the German army in Kiev, forcing the Germans to retreat. During the Soviet turn I placed the mouse over Kiev and saw that there were 11 surviving Soviet infantry and 3 surviving artillery, plus a few other units. But by the end of the Soviet movement turn, Kiev was empty and everything had been moved back to Kharkov.

Looking at the units in Kharkov after the Soviet turn, it would appear that the units that had attacked Kiev moved back to Kharkov as tactical movement. So perhaps the AI forgot to charge the original move against the unit movement limits, thus still giving the unit movement after the original attack. Just a guess.

Attachment (1)

Billy Rich
Post #: 1
RE: The Cheating Soviets - 10/13/2007 3:32:05 PM   
GKar

This is an old bug that was supposed to be fixed. Are you using the latest version, v1.011?

(in reply to brich1964)
Post #: 2
RE: The Cheating Soviets - 10/13/2007 4:21:34 PM   
Lebatron

I think I seen this happening in version 1.011. 

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 3
RE: The Cheating Soviets - 10/14/2007 10:03:12 AM   
WanderingHead

Well, I did the v1.011 patch and I can assure you that I did not fix this bug. I've only seen it reported once before (that time with an air unit that made several attacks in the same turn), and not seen it myself.

I fear that it won't be addressed in the next patch. The AI is a wilderness that is difficult to explore.

Maybe after this patch is out, if someone can provide a save where the AI reliably and predictably does a particular cheat then it can be looked into.

< Message edited by WanderingHead -- 10/14/2007 10:13:03 AM >

(in reply to Lebatron)
Post #: 4
RE: The Cheating Soviets - 10/15/2007 4:40:55 PM   
brich1964

I am running the 1.011 patch level.

I do have the before and after game turns saved.  Both times I have tried it, the Soviets did the same thing (once on my desktop and once on my laptop). 

Where can I upload the saved game files?

Billy Rich

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 5
RE: The Cheating Soviets - 10/16/2007 9:56:30 AM   
WanderingHead

Hi,

Thanks for the offer of the saves, and I appreciate that you've verified it is reproducible. That is exactly what I need.

The timing for this is awkward. I'm trying to get the next patch out, so I don't want to take on debugging the AI right now. I want to freeze the code and get it out.

It is not so easy to debug old saves, since some changes have made the newest version of code incompatible with old saves. So what I was hoping for is saves with the new patch once it is available.

I'm not trying to brush this off, if it weren't for the compatibility issues I'd jump on it. I hope you understand and the bug isn't frustrating you too much in the short term.

(in reply to brich1964)
Post #: 6
RE: The Cheating Soviets - 10/16/2007 9:57:24 AM   
WanderingHead

If anyone has any ideas what situations cause this, or how to reproduce it from scratch, then I can take a look in the latest version of code.

Post #: 7
RE: The Cheating Soviets - 12/31/2007 11:59:49 PM   
Lucky1

Are you asking for savegames of where this occurs? If so, I should be able to provide some, as it happens in every single player game that I play (I do not always have time for a PBEM). Effectively, the Russians attack with their units and then redeploy them (usually all of them) elsewhere. Of course, this should be impossible and it is quite irritating....

Let me know where to send the savegames (if you want them).

Cheers,

Sean

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> The Cheating Soviets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI