Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Boxed Version with Manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hornet Leader PC >> Boxed Version with Manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Boxed Version with Manual - 10/13/2007 11:48:48 PM   
Tomus

I know this is a cheap download at £15 but will there be a box and manual available as well. I do love my boxes!
Post #: 1
RE: Boxed Version with Manual - 10/14/2007 12:06:43 AM   
StormcloudCreations

I'm not totally sure...but I believe there is a box/manual version in the works to come soon.

Derek
Lead Programmer of Hornet Leader PC
Mindtoy Games - Unique Strategy/Board/Card games for the PC - mindtoygames.com

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 2
RE: Boxed Version with Manual - 10/14/2007 12:20:38 AM   
Veldor

If we've already purchased the digital download can we "upgrade" to the boxed version with manual? The store FAQ is a bit unclear as it refers to the upgrade as a "burned cd".

(in reply to StormcloudCreations)
Post #: 3
RE: Boxed Version with Manual - 10/14/2007 12:54:57 AM   
StormcloudCreations

Matrix can answer that...we don't have much knowledge of that sort of thing.

Derek
Lead Programmer of Hornet Leader PC
Mindtoy Games - Unique Strategy/Board/Card games for the PC - mindtoygames.com

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 4
RE: Boxed Version with Manual - 10/14/2007 1:03:42 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veldor

If we've already purchased the digital download can we "upgrade" to the boxed version with manual? The store FAQ is a bit unclear as it refers to the upgrade as a "burned cd".

No.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 5
RE: Boxed Version with Manual - 10/14/2007 1:07:01 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomus

I know this is a cheap download at £15 but will there be a box and manual available as well. I do love my boxes!

Matrix generally offer games for digital download (first) and then boxed version (with manual) The "boxed version with manual" normally comes after the digital release...sometimes a couple of weeks or more after.

But I do not work for Matrix, so I do not know for definite, but generally that is the case.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 6
RE: Boxed Version with Manual - 10/14/2007 1:20:33 AM   
Veldor

Why this then "If you would like to purchase a CD for the downloadable products in your order please look up your order and click on the Buy Now button for burn a CD. "?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 7
RE: Boxed Version with Manual - 10/14/2007 1:30:58 AM   
JudgeDredd

Sorry, I do not know. As far as I am aware, Matrix have not changed their purchasing system in that when the game is completed, it is immediately available for digital download and it is commonly known that the physical shipment + physical manual will be available sometime later.

This allows the people who WANT a game immidiately to download it (with pdf manual) as soon as it is ready, and for those who want a physical manual to wait for the physical option to show.

That's always been the case since I have been a member. Recently, they have added physcal manuals to their games, which "generally" makes me wait for the physical option to become availble before I buy.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 8
RE: Boxed Version with Manual - 10/14/2007 5:55:13 PM   
ibeam81

The burn a CD option is not the same as a boxed version of the game. It's just meant to be a back-up copy of the game on a CD and does not include the box or manual.

Currently there is no way to upgrade to a boxed version after you have purchased a digital copy. Matrix has previously stated that they are working on an option to purchase a boxed edition with a manual for those games that did not previously include a physical manual, such as WitP. The CDs included with this offer will not have the serial number printed on them.

Whether they will extend this offer to the newer games that did offer physical manuals is unknown. It would be a nice option, though. At ~ 10$ a pop, I would probably purchase boxed upgrades for several of the games that I previously downloaded. Hopefully Matrix is listening.

< Message edited by ibeam81 -- 10/15/2007 3:14:53 AM >

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 9
RE: Boxed Version with Manual - 10/14/2007 7:07:28 PM   
Erik Rutins

The information here is correct. There will be a boxed copy with printed manual, but it will be delayed a bit due to some printing delays we've been running into approaching Christmas. Since the physical release will be delayed from the online release, we will offer a physical upgrade. Although we don't normally do that, we are moving to make physical upgrades possible for all products in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ibeam81)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hornet Leader PC >> Boxed Version with Manual Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI