Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another noob, another question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Another noob, another question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another noob, another question - 10/18/2007 10:55:59 AM   
Frido1207

Hi all,

I would like to know your opinion concerning these 3 questions:

1. Use of the designated hitter rule. What are the advantages / disadvantages by using this rule?

2. Draft order (initial draft). When testing around a little with several fictional leagues I´ve always let the AI do the draft. But I don´t understand the preference criteria. The AI choose almost everytime a "Closer" as 1st draft pick.
Also the roster seems to be very unbalanced. Often I have in my Major League roster only one -lets say- 1B man, but 3 CF. I guess it would be more intelligent to have at least 2 men for one position?!
So what would be a reasonable draft strategie?

3. Roster size. Which impact has the roster size. I´m asking because on a 60 men roster I wouldn´t promote most of my minor player to my major team, due to their lack of skills.

Any hints will be much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Another noob, another question - 10/19/2007 3:57:44 AM   
donkuchi19

The DH rule is used only in the American League. It means that the pitcher does not bat. Instead, you get to replace him in the batting order with someone who is a better hitter. Even though I am an American League fan (GO TRIBE), I don't like the rule. It takes the manager out of the game more.

I always manually draft my players so I cannot answer that one.

Roster size just deals with how many players you want to deal with. I like the 100 players because then you have a team at A, AA, AAA, and the Majors. It takes more GM savvy to do that. Your minor league teams are used to build your major league team.

(in reply to Frido1207)
Post #: 2
RE: Another noob, another question - 10/19/2007 11:43:21 AM   
Frido1207

thx donkuchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: donkuchi
I always manually draft my players so I cannot answer that one.

Thats exactly what I wanted to ask (sorry for my bad english).
Because I´m disappointed about the AI doing the draft, I wanted to ask for some tips concerning a general draft strategie when drafting the players manually.

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 3
RE: Another noob, another question - 10/20/2007 5:13:02 AM   
donkuchi19

I always go for starting pitching first. Then I look for a closer. Finally I look for bats if there are any left at positions that I need. After that, I go for best available player.

(in reply to Frido1207)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Another noob, another question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI