Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Labs and Tech ... Strategy ..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Labs and Tech ... Strategy .. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Labs and Tech ... Strategy .. - 10/25/2007 1:57:08 AM   
Irish Guards

Having payed a few games ....
I am finding that early lab and tech upgrades are absolutely essential to the game progressing farther than 1942 ...
PP are easily spent on bettering units ... than just building new ones ...
By this I mean as the German player if by early 1940 you have
4 in Inf ... go for AT ..
1 in Arm .. I usually only have 5 on board ..
3 in Air ... CAS and DF changes on the focus point ...
1 in Gen .. Org ..

By Russia you have
Mot 7/7
Inf 6/6
Air 5/5

And because of the fact that Russia only has 3 labs ... Oh Dear .. they are just way behind ...
I dont focus much on tanks early as you only have a limited amount of Arm units on board ... and I always go for Arm w the focus point ..
As the game goes on and you put more into Arm ..

Whats everybody else say ...
IG
Post #: 1
RE: Labs and Tech ... Strategy .. - 10/25/2007 4:24:10 PM   
Syagrius

I usually put as much labs for infantry and armour. I don't want to slip behind with my armour in 1943-44 the Russian tanks are very nasty!

(in reply to Irish Guards)
Post #: 2
RE: Labs and Tech ... Strategy .. - 11/8/2007 7:14:43 PM   
KarlXII

I have put everything into armour, general (production) and Air (dog-fight) in that order. That gives me in 1943 april odds like 55:2 to russian tanks or something like that when reaching level 6 in all sub categories. I find my armour doing all the bulk job except attacking cities. Ok, difficulty level is only default.....The dog-fight is only used to have something to protect western europe with in the duels against the british.

< Message edited by karlxii -- 11/8/2007 7:15:29 PM >

(in reply to Syagrius)
Post #: 3
RE: Labs and Tech ... Strategy .. - 12/13/2007 3:11:42 AM   
seastruck

Hello, this was a fascinating post by Irish Guards and I'd like to see it continue and cover the Western Allies.

I am a brand new player to CEAW and am trying to understand the game strategy versus the AI before delving into a pbem game and not giving my opponent a decent game.

The thought of building strength through research, not number of units, is fascinating - it would not have occurred to me. Though after building a dozen panzer corps, taking the mid-east and fighting convoys with a half a dozen U-boats, it was very sobering to run out of oil in late 1941. So fewer, stronger units is an interesting strategy (and obviously successful).

I am slowling reading through the forums, but if anyone has a pointer to a good strategy discussion (relevant with the latest patch), I am interested.

The CEAW GUI is awesome. I was a member of the original design team for Advanced Third Reich and then Rising Sun, to have had a GUI like this for pbem play - that was a wet dream in the early 90s!!!!

(in reply to KarlXII)
Post #: 4
RE: Labs and Tech ... Strategy .. - 12/13/2007 10:44:25 AM   
Shawkhan

I have found that if you are going to have many panzer/air units you had better plan on going after the oilfields in the Middle East and after the Russians come in, the Caucasus. If you haven't taken them in one campaign, you will be left with mostly an infantry force until you do. Because of this, the German is best served by having the best possible infantry technology.

(in reply to seastruck)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Labs and Tech ... Strategy .. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI