Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infantry vs. halftrack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry vs. halftrack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infantry vs. halftrack - 9/12/2000 7:02:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

Just had a situation where a Spec Ops squad was firing at an American 81mm mortar halftrack. My question is can the small arms fire kill any of the crew since it's opentopped? I was wondering because if not I can save my shots and try to get closer and kill the vehicle. Thanks in advance to who ever can shed some insite into this for me. ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.
Post #: 1
- 9/12/2000 7:09:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Only from an adjacent hex as part of an assault. If you button it the AAMGs are not usable. IF you shoot at it enough you can cause it to retreat. But small arms won't kill anybody.

(in reply to Leibstandarte)
Post #: 2
- 9/12/2000 7:55:00 AM   
Leibstandarte

Thanks Paul. That was what I thought. If it is possible this might be a nice addition to open topped vehicles. If it isn't easily done no big deal. Just catching heck trying to kill these SP mortars with my Brandenbergers. ------------------ Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

Post #: 3
- 9/12/2000 9:05:00 AM   
McGib

Sorry Paul but thats not quite right. I've had two h/t destroyed from 2-3 hexes distance by rifle squads using their rifles. One was a German h/t toasted by a brit lee enfields and the other was a US h/t done in by german mauser's. This was in V2.3 mind you so if you say it doesnt happen in V4 I'll take your word on it. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 4
- 9/12/2000 9:11:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

If they were at a higher elevation it can happen - my mistake :-) or rifle grenades can do it. In 2.3 it could happen if teh HT was moving on a hill and the rifles got a bottm hit - that is fixed. It should not happen at the same level however... [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 11, 2000).]

Post #: 5
- 9/12/2000 9:26:00 AM   
McGib

I only remember the details of the german h/t vs the brit squad. Both were on the same level and I was watching very closely when the squad fired because I was afraid the h/t would die from the rifle-grenade. I'm 100% positive it was lee enfields that killed that h/t. I posted this some time ago and people responded saying it was because the h/t was open topped. Wish I had kept a saved game of it so I could prove it but I assure you that if it happens again I will immediatly save and mail you the file. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 6
- 9/12/2000 11:12:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I will look into it! Thanks!

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Infantry vs. halftrack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI