Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Europe turns 8-12 continued

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> Europe turns 8-12 continued Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 7:34:14 PM   
tweber

Turn 10. June 1940. Here is the position of my troops in the Balkans.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 7:37:13 PM   
tweber

Finally, my troops in North Africa advance into Egypt

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 2
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 7:42:45 PM   
seille

Ok, i can´t post any screens from Great Britain since all that is TOP SECRET.
All i can say i still prepare against a German invasion. And i expect a very powerful one again.

On the russian front i upgraded my infantry to level II (was a lot of clicking  ) and invested
in economy again. This will increase the russian income per turn.

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 3
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 8:08:09 PM   
tweber

Turn 11, July 1940.

My troops land (almost) unopposed in Southern England. See below. The British are focusing their defense around Manchester. Plymouth has a weak garrison that I can invade after a shore bombardment. I also drop paras south of Birmingham to act as a speed bump. I expect the West to either attack hard with tanks to try to throw me off or blow the bridge and try to defend behind the river line.

London is a tempting target. He has half his fleet their. If I occupy, the fleet is scuttle. However, the Soviets can then join.

Notice the blue bubbles. The West is running supply from the North and the bubbles represent the supply I am able to interdict.

I need to build up forces in the UK quickly, my corps are vulnerable. My landings were spread out to maximize the number of hexes I paint.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 4
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 8:09:43 PM   
tweber

Looks like the West is also running supply through the Med. My Italians interdict nicely. Last turn I landed in Malta. My fleet is no longer here (but was at the start of the turn)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 5
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 8:12:27 PM   
tweber

My troops continue to advance in Eygpt.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 6
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 9:01:50 PM   
seille

Sorry in case you´re disappointed, but again no screens.

But you can use Tom´s screens to look what i did. First i blew up the bridge south of Birmingham.
It´s not longer usable as supply line since it´s blocked by the enemy paratroopers, so......kabooooom !

The unit two hexes south of the paratroopers got fire from ship artillery in London. Bad terrain, no entrenchment
so the unit was nearly destroyed.
The same happened to the unit close to Alexandria. First it got fire from ship artillery, then a land attack followed.
Not many survivors.

In England i continued to build up my defense and also bought more DD´s. I bet Tom is saving PP´s for the big sub attack !!
Or a air attack with 100+ planes.

In Russia i installed a new HQ for the southern front since i had only two front HQ´s at my westfront there.
It´s still quiet in russia. No Germans in sight

I forgot: I reorganized my supply routing in the last turns, so Tom will have problems doing any AS damage.

< Message edited by seille -- 10/28/2007 9:04:30 PM >

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 7
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 10:15:08 PM   
tweber

Turn 12, August 1942.

Continue to pour reinforcements into the UK. I land NE of London and cut off the other road. I land on both sides of the river to keep that line open.

I launch an airstrike on Birmingham and lose about 8 planes. The air defenses there are very thick. I need to think about getting artillery over. I should probably upgrade the artillery that I have.

Here is the picture after the turn. I am careful to keep my units in Southern England in range of my fighters and out of range of the battleships protecting London.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by tweber -- 10/28/2007 10:17:01 PM >

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 8
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 10:19:46 PM   
tweber

In the Balkans, I declare war on the Balkan Minors (Greece and Yugoslavia). They normally join the allied side in Jan 1941. But, my troops are ready and I want the southern flank secured.

I shelled Zagreb with artillery and then assault and occupy the town. My army advances several hexes towards Belgrade.

Further south, units in Albania occupy Skopje cutting communication with Greece.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 9
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 10:23:00 PM   
tweber

Finally, my Italian Marines cut the Greek isthmus. I land a corps at the Gulf of Corinth and another North of Athens. Most of the Greek army is in the mountains to the North. I want to put them out of supply.

When making moves, it is important to stage properly. If I do not cut off the Greek army to the north and try an assault from Albania, it would be much more difficult.

Further South, my drive to Alexandria is halted for now. The West has a strong fleet in position. I will need to build up North Africa before I can invest the city or push towards the canal.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 10
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 11:13:50 PM   
seille

Ok, my part.

My flak did a good job the last turn and prevented the attacking planes from doing more serious damage.

They downed 10 or 11 planes. I continued to build up the defense and started to invest also in infantry and artillery.

The artillery i used to soften up the enemy spearheads since to use planes for is way too risky. German Luftwaffe

in northern France is just waiting for !

However i used my BB group in London for some recon in the channel and found the airfield south of Le Havre

with only a few planes with not too much readiness (said the bb ship commander....). So i decided to fly one fighter attack to the unit with 97 strength points showed

on Toms first screen. It was intercepted, but i had acceptable losses (about even to german planes)

In the Med i used my ships to attack the Italian fleet near Athens, but they had not enough Action Points for the attack,

so i did only some readiness damage.

Screen of that area is shown below

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by seille -- 10/28/2007 11:21:32 PM >

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 11
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 11:17:14 PM   
seille

In northern Russia my recon planes detected first german activity.
A smaller engineer unit is there and a HQ near Koenigsberg.
My forces continue to build up there. A lot of reorganization the whole time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 12
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 11:28:15 PM   
Mightfox

Man, I wish there was an AI version of the 1939 scenario. None of my friends have the game yet..

"Alright, I accept. I will show you how a Prussian officer can fight." "And I will show you...where the Iron Crosses grow." - Cross of Iron (1977)

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 13
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/28/2007 11:36:26 PM   
seille

Look for new friends :)
There was a guy in the "opponents wanted" thread who searched for a "1939"-player.

(in reply to Mightfox)
Post #: 14
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/29/2007 1:15:17 AM   
tweber

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1599955

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 15
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/29/2007 3:36:38 AM   
wolflars

quote:

ORIGINAL: tweber

Looks like the West is also running supply through the Med. My Italians interdict nicely. Last turn I landed in Malta. My fleet is no longer here (but was at the start of the turn)

Can you explain what we are seeing here? How does this interdiction work?

(in reply to tweber)
Post #: 16
RE: Europe turns 8-12 continued - 10/29/2007 4:37:32 AM   
tweber

Naval and air units can interdict overseas supply lines.  At the start of my turn, the Italian fleet was north of Malta.  The hexes are blue because they represent the supply I destroyed.  They would be red when the Western player took his turn.

(in reply to wolflars)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> Europe turns 8-12 continued Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI