Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

patch compatibility?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> patch compatibility? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
patch compatibility? - 10/29/2007 2:16:39 AM   
B/snafu

Hi, new to this game but have a short question somebody might be able to help me with.

I just d/ld' the beta patch 1.10.5 (I think) from the members d/l section a couple of days ago. Will I have to start over my saved game If I install the new Beta?? Along those same lines---If I install this beta--will I have to restart my game when the final polished version comes out?

sorry if this has already been covered & I overlooked it.

"How can you buy eggs in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa for five cents?? "
Post #: 1
RE: patch compatibility? - 10/29/2007 2:52:15 AM   
ericbabe

In general, the second number in the version number (the "major version number") determines whether save games are compatible.  So 1.10.5 should be compatible with any other 1.10 version.

(in reply to B/snafu)
Post #: 2
RE: patch compatibility? - 10/29/2007 4:38:00 AM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

In general, the second number in the version number (the "major version number") determines whether save games are compatible. So 1.10.5 should be compatible with any other 1.10 version.

...but any game started with 1.9.23 cannot be continued.

By the way, 1.10.5 was the previous public beta patch, and it makes much more sense to start with the one posted two days ago, 1.10.9. (If 1.10.5 is still available that's a mistake -- no one should be installing that one at this point.)

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 10/29/2007 4:39:14 AM >

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: patch compatibility? - 10/29/2007 3:40:25 PM   
B/snafu

I believe It might might of been about 3 or so days ago--probabaly d/l'd 1.10.5 right before 1.10.9 got put up. Got .9 now thks.

"How can you buy eggs in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa for five cents?? "

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> patch compatibility? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI