Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does it take longer to cross over water?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Does it take longer to cross over water? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does it take longer to cross over water? - 10/29/2007 5:16:27 PM   
Axis123uk

Hija total newbie to these types of games but thinking about buying this game today. Just having a go onthe demo. If you cross over water does that take up more of your moves? rather then just walking through clear areas?
Post #: 1
RE: Does it take longer to cross over water? - 10/29/2007 9:21:45 PM   
MilRevKo

Yes, rivers have an higher movment rate.

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 2
RE: Does it take longer to cross over water? - 10/30/2007 3:45:37 AM   
Axis123uk

Thanx alot for helping me out on that!

Im totally new to these kind of games and have just gone mad (although i wouldnt say i was cause they look great!) and brought Korsun Pocket, Battles Of Normandy & Battlefront all at the same time. I hope i enjoy them very much :)

The two i havnt got is the Korsun add-on and also Battles In Italy. I thought maybe i could get those 2 if i really enjoy these i have just brought and want to play more campaigns.

I must warn people now although now i have the games i will read the manual i will probably asking lots of questions.

Thanx in advance,

Andy.

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 3
RE: Does it take longer to cross over water? - 10/30/2007 4:56:41 AM   
e_barkmann

Hi Andy

you may want to register at the Run5 forum as well - plenty of people there to answer your questions, and lots of older posts to pore over.

http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/

cheers Chris

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 4
RE: Does it take longer to cross over water? - 10/31/2007 8:21:14 PM   
Axis123uk

Brilliant - just had a quick look on there now and will be getting involved! So thanks for that.

Just thinking about the replay value of the game... Does it have alot of reply value. Ive brought Advanced TActics aswell and that has a random scenario generator for unlimitded replayability.

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 5
RE: Does it take longer to cross over water? - 10/31/2007 8:44:55 PM   
HansBolter

I own all of the Decisive Battles games and Battlefront and the Korsun "addon", Across the Dnepr is still my favorite.

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 6
RE: Does it take longer to cross over water? - 11/1/2007 3:18:38 PM   
Axis123uk

Its definatly going to considered after i have played the first one. Does the addon upgrade the interface slightly or is it just literally a campaign expansion?

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 7
RE: Does it take longer to cross over water? - 11/1/2007 4:17:18 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Axis123uk

Its definatly going to considered after i have played the first one. Does the addon upgrade the interface slightly or is it just literally a campaign expansion?

IIRC it is just an expansion, no game engine or interface improvements. The actual fist game in the series is Bulge and is included as a scenario in one of the later games (can't remember if it is KP or BiN). Korsun, the first relaesed by Matrix, is an early version of the game without some of the improvements of the later versions, but I just love the Across the Dnepr scenario as it covers the same time period and terrain as the classic board game Panzer Gruppe Guderian.

There is also an Operation Typhoon scenario for BiI available on the SSG website that can be fun to play on the heels of AtD as there is a small overlap to the maps.

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 8
RE: Does it take longer to cross over water? - 11/1/2007 6:21:12 PM   
Axis123uk

Brilliant! - Just had a look a think i will purchase, the expansion is onlt £7.99 so well worth it!

Thanks.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 9
RE: Does it take longer to cross over water? - 11/5/2007 5:08:53 PM   
Axis123uk

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

IIRC it is just an expansion, no game engine or interface improvements. The actual fist game in the series is Bulge and is included as a scenario in one of the later games (can't remember if it is KP or BiN). Korsun, the first relaesed by Matrix, is an early version of the game without some of the improvements of the later versions, but I just love the Across the Dnepr scenario as it covers the same time period and terrain as the classic board game Panzer Gruppe Guderian.

There is also an Operation Typhoon scenario for BiI available on the SSG website that can be fun to play on the heels of AtD as there is a small overlap to the maps.

Brought it and im NOT dissapointed!

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Does it take longer to cross over water? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI