Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Sand up the....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Sand up the.... Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/23/2007 10:38:34 PM   
Canoerebel

This is a randy woman from Idaho?  Or is a starlett name Carr who passed away three or four days ago?  From Here to Eternity!

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 1651
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/23/2007 11:49:34 PM   
Terminus

Deborah Kerr...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1652
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/24/2007 2:58:01 AM   
BrucePowers

Oh you mean her, I thought you meant Burt Lancaster

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1653
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/24/2007 4:15:07 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Whats the relevance? I dunno. Youve got sand in your shorts too?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 1654
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/24/2007 2:24:27 PM   
rtrapasso

Maybe it's smoke in the lungs!

i hope the fires haven't come any closer...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1655
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/24/2007 4:26:35 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Whats the relevance? I dunno. Youve got sand in your shorts too?

The relevance is it's a shot from "From Here to Eternity"

Much less wind today but now it's smokey here. Fire is about 2.5 air miles away but everything should be OK here. Many people are evacuating their horses because that takes the longest and there aren't enough horse trailers. New fire to my East though. I could see a huge orange glow to the North last night and another one to the South.

Two cavemen are talking as they drag their women behind them, one by the legs and the other by the hair. The caveman dragging by the hair says "try it like this..they don't fill up with sand".

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1656
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/24/2007 4:36:02 PM   
Terminus

Post #: 1657
Santa Maria! - 10/24/2007 8:55:27 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 1658
With the Royal Engineers in Burma - 10/26/2007 3:20:58 AM   
Cap Mandrake

*****October 5, 1942, the rugged Burmese jungle, 25 miles from the Mandalay/Myitkyina rail line****

The progress of the column, with 7th Armoured in the van, has slowed to a crawl, often as little as a mile a day. The "road", if one can call it that, was never intended for Stuarts or 2 1/2 ton lorries. That is where 251 Coy., Royal Engineers comes in. They are attached to 7th Armoured. It is there job to make the Burmese jungle more hospitable to 20th century vehicles. All know the urgency of the situation. They have orders to cut the rail line before the Japs can organize a strong defence. It is not an easy job. The last fully operable bulldozer of 251 Coy. moves carefully down the trail, which at this point crosses a small canyon incised sharply by a jungle stream. The bulldozer cuts easily through layers of soft sandstone, now at least 80 feet below the canyon rim. Sgt. Bonebreak, RE, stands 20 ft. in front of the bulldozer directing the driver. Suddenly, there is a loud scraping sound as the dozer blade hits what sounds like metal. All around crouch reflexively for an explosion. There is none. The driver carefully lifts the blade and kills the engine. Sgt. Bonebreak approahes the front of the bulldozer.

Sgt. Bonebreak: <East End accent> 'ere's another one sir!

Lt. Uppington-Smythe: <scurries down the slope and carefully brushes away jungle detritus from the find. All can now see a large , egg shell-colored object with organic curves>

Sgt. Bonebreak: Is it another Wooly Mammoth sir?

Lt. Uppington-Smythe: <annoying Eaton/Cambridge accent> No Sgt., it seems we are in another epoch, Late Triassic would be my guess. My interest was paleobotony but I would say we have a very large Sauropod here, an adult. This larger one is the Ilium. These are sacral vertebrae. Oh, look! Look at this prominence! This must be the glycogen body.

Sgt. Bonebreak: Don't you mean the 'indbrain, sir?

Bullozer Driver: Well, it's really more of a spinal ganglion, isn't it? After all, 'indbrain seems a bit grandiose to me.

Sgt. Bonebreak: LOOK at the bloody thing! It's two 'ands wide. I'll wager your forebrain isn't that big.

Bullozer Driver: 2 quid you're wrong on that sargeant. And it's still no 'indbrain. It's just for involuntary control of the 'indlegs.

Sgt. Bonebreak: Is not! It's a bloody 'indbrain because I am the bloody Sgt. That's why it's a bloody 'indbrain.

Lt. Uppington-Smythe: Look, you cretins! We've a major find.
Fetch some shovels and tell the surgeon we shall need all the plaster of Paris he can spare!

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 10/26/2007 3:21:15 AM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1659
RE: With the Royal Engineers in Burma - 10/26/2007 3:42:09 AM   
Terminus

Reminds me of the old Monty Python sketch where a group of Welsh coal miners come to blows over the subtleties of ancient Greek architecture and 17th century European history...

Post #: 1660
RE: With the Royal Engineers in Burma - 10/26/2007 5:31:58 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Generic British HQ Staff Officer, hair neatly trimmed and well oiled, uniform meticulously pressed by one of 3 Indian servants in his employ: Yes, sir, in general I think we are but there was an emergency request from the chief medical officer of 7th Armoured just his morn. It seems they are desperately short of plaster of Paris.

Gen Pownall: Plaster of Paris? Oh dear God! It must be Hell.
May God protect them.

You've been setting this one up for a while!!

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 10/26/2007 5:33:54 AM >

Post #: 1661
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia... - 10/26/2007 5:41:47 AM   
Moondawggie

"Yes, as the only qualified psychiatrist in the group I think we must go with a sock full of oranges. I have found this to have AMAZING effects on motivtion, energy, reactivity, patient willingness to interact appropriately and in a timely fashion and hypersomnolence.

As we always say in the psychiatric wards, "Nothing concentrates the mind better than knowing you're going to get an untraceable beating if you mess up."

These SSRIs, SNRIs etc are all hokum. Beatings, terror and pain, that's the cutting edge of treatment these days --- And, yes, this post may have something to do with the horde of homeless, HIV, Hep C+, intra-venous drug abusers who have been telling me lies all day trying to get into hospital . Ah WiTP you save me from me sometimes."

Wow, Nemo, I'm impressed! I had no idea that those same behavior modification techniques employed by the Gunnery Sergeants on "recalcitrant" marines in my battallion on Okinawa in 1981 would become the "cutting edge" of psychiatric therapy in 2007.

I'll back you with with that "sock full of oranges" theory as it applies to Mandrake. Besides, he's also a doc, and it couldn't be any more painful than my internal medicine intership in 1979---now that was truly brutal and painful!

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 1662
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia... - 10/26/2007 6:21:33 AM   
Moondawggie

Mandrake, now I understand why the British advance in Burma has slowed; my God, man, there are valuable Jurassic fossils to be excavated here! The War will simply have to wait...

(Good show! The hell with cutting off some railway supporting some opponent troopers down the line; there are data to be gathered, in the proper British fashion.)

BTW, considering Milo's approach to Alice Springs, do you think that he changed his initials to something like "B.M." and had a similar vision when he looked at a dusty Nevada whistle-stop named "the meadows" in Spanish in the early 1950s? Visionaries like that are too rare to be unrelated...

Off to another topic, it seems that you are becoming a bit too popular with your co-workers and patients mothers.

Remember, exploiting your haughty social position as a physician to facilitate developing a personal relationship with either co-workers or patients of a different gender must be considered fundamental sexual harassment in its most brutal, oppressive, and patriarchal form, according to the 2 hour-long sexual harrassment corporate training program I was forced to sit throuh 2 months ago.

I'd stick with stalker girl...the only danger there is getting blown away by her crazy ex.

But, you mess with a co-worker or a patient's mom, Barbra Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, and NOW will have your oppressive male exploiter ass on a plate (as well as on the front pages of the LA Times) ASAP!

Stay clear of the fires!

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 1663
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia... - 10/26/2007 8:50:00 PM   
USSAmerica

Just getting caught up after another busy stretch at work.  Enjoyable as always, Mandrake. 

Keep your head down while in Idaho!  Wait, I didn't mean that the way it sounded.  Keep your head up!  I mean.... nevermind. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 1664
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia... - 10/27/2007 1:15:03 AM   
Nemo121

Perhaps we could all just compromise and agree that "Keep HER head down" might be suitable?

Moondawggie, the USMC - teaching us the lessons we pretend we don't actually use since 1917.

Internship No, NO, make the memories go away!!!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 1665
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia... - 10/27/2007 3:05:13 AM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

"Yes, as the only qualified psychiatrist in the group I think we must go with a sock full of oranges. I have found this to have AMAZING effects on motivtion, energy, reactivity, patient willingness to interact appropriately and in a timely fashion and hypersomnolence.

As we always say in the psychiatric wards, "Nothing concentrates the mind better than knowing you're going to get an untraceable beating if you mess up."

These SSRIs, SNRIs etc are all hokum. Beatings, terror and pain, that's the cutting edge of treatment these days --- And, yes, this post may have something to do with the horde of homeless, HIV, Hep C+, intra-venous drug abusers who have been telling me lies all day trying to get into hospital . Ah WiTP you save me from me sometimes."

Wow, Nemo, I'm impressed! I had no idea that those same behavior modification techniques employed by the Gunnery Sergeants on "recalcitrant" marines in my battallion on Okinawa in 1981 would become the "cutting edge" of psychiatric therapy in 2007.

I'll back you with with that "sock full of oranges" theory as it applies to Mandrake. Besides, he's also a doc, and it couldn't be any more painful than my internal medicine intership in 1979---now that was truly brutal and painful!

And what's best about the oranges is that they are good for you! Did you know they are full of vitamin C? If you use the sock of oranges correctly all you need is a straw. The oranges are pulped but still in the skin - just pop a straw in and drink your high pulp OJ. I wonder how much fiber is in pulp? This might be nature's perfect answer to colon cancer...

TTFN,

Mike

Post #: 1666
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia... - 10/27/2007 3:43:40 PM   
BrucePowers

I wonder if Mandrake is off to Idaho yet?

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 1667
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia... - 10/27/2007 4:38:05 PM   
ny59giants

I don't think the big question is if Mandrake is off to Idaho.
Rather, does he get "out" of Idaho??

< Message edited by ny59giants -- 10/27/2007 5:28:05 PM >

Post #: 1668
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia... - 10/27/2007 4:40:04 PM   
BrucePowers

Good point

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1669
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/27/2007 8:47:55 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Who knows who this is and what is the relevance?

Hint: I'm not talking about the hirsute guy in the speedos, either.

Ahhh, that my dear friend is Betty Duzz, and she is attempting to resuscitate this AAR as it has almost drowned in an attempt to remain afloat while in a vast sea of BS...

TTFN,

Mike

Post #: 1670
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/27/2007 9:11:06 PM   
Terminus

Always with the negative waves...

(in reply to 1EyedJacks)
Post #: 1671
RE: Sand up the.... - 10/27/2007 10:14:51 PM   
1EyedJacks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Always with the negative waves...

In the picture? No - those are tidal waves...

I liked that movie btw - Oddball was a cool character. I've always been fond of the war and western movies with the Duke or Eastwood.

TTFN,

Mike

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 1672
Shots - 10/28/2007 11:46:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Dang! These nurses Idaho can drink. Happy to report I don't have GSW yet. I don't know what all the worry was about. Stalker girl told her 14 year old daughter to be the lookout. What coudl go wrong?

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 1673
RE: Shots - 10/29/2007 1:08:58 AM   
BrucePowers

Are you home then?

Post #: 1674
RE: Shots - 10/30/2007 12:09:00 AM   
bobogoboom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Dang! These nurses Idaho can drink. Happy to report I don't have GSW yet. I don't know what all the worry was about. Stalker girl told her 14 year old daughter to be the lookout. What coudl go wrong?

OK that is just wierd i have had a lot of lookouts over the years including a beigle but the daughter of the ladie i am having relations with is a first.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc

Post #: 1675
RE: Shots - 10/30/2007 7:42:01 AM   
Moondawggie

Mandrake, every Nurse I've met can always drink a Doc under the table---I think it's part of their training. Don't try to defeat a law of nature!

Also, ignore the 14-year old lookout, and instead keep a loaded 12-gague under the bed.

In the (hopefully unlikely) event the Ex- shows up, remember, he'd be an typical bloodthirsty Idaho Ex-; not a calm, multiculturally-enlightened progressive liberal "let's sing-Kum-By-Yah-together-who-is-happy-that-she's-finally-realizing-her-inner-potential" kind of Southern California-Ex.

Actually, most Idaho guys I've met don't seem to appreciate the adventurous nature of Idaho girls when it comes to facilitating the enlightenment of the girl's desire of by her getting friendly with California guys---but that's another story...

So then, if and when said jealous Idaho-Ex shows up, for Gawd's sakes pull that sucker out from underneath the bed for a little immediate and extremely persuasive back-up (before the fabled crack Boise PD Tac Squad can arrive) which emphasizes that irrational violent behavior can have immmediately adverse and long-term irremmediable consequences such as permanent, medium-velocity-projectile-induced ventilation of the torso of those who tresspass on private property and make outlandish threats against the health and well-being of those resident at said property which is being trespassed upon...

(Hey, do I sound enough like Alan Combs or Paul Krugman yet?)

Have fun amigo, always make her happy, and stay safe, Doc!

Moondawggie

Post #: 1676
RE: Shots - 10/31/2007 9:56:10 PM   
Dino

Speaking of nurses (and doctors), earlier this year a nurse from Sarajevo, in search for the father of her newborn baby, demanded a DNA test to be performed on more than 20 doctors at her workplace...

Post #: 1677
RE: Shots - 11/1/2007 7:09:12 PM   
BrucePowers

We have not heard fom Capmandrake since Sunday. Did he make it out of Idaho?

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 1678
RE: Shots - 11/1/2007 8:56:14 PM   
bobogoboom

Do we need to mount a op to go retreive him?

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc

Post #: 1679
RE: Shots - 11/2/2007 12:43:40 AM   
BrucePowers

I hate to think what a plane ticket to Idaho from the East Coast costs

(in reply to bobogoboom)
Post #: 1680
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Sand up the.... Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI