Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Player Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> Player Editor Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Player Editor - 10/31/2007 2:47:12 PM   
jdhalfrack

Okay, I have made a league database editor. It's probably not 100% done, but it's done enough to call it a version 1.0. I do have a couple questions, though.

Link to current changelog/version

First: I have two league files given to me by two different people. One has a field under players called "s_GUID" whereass the other doesn't. I need to know if that field exists anymore (like maybe I got an old league file form one person) or if it only exists in certain leagues.

Second: Where can I post this file? I mean, I have a website that I could probably post it on, butI am only allowed like 5MB of transfer in a day or something like that. That means that only like 4 or 5 people would be able to download it a day.

Here's a quick screen shot:

As I learn more about the game, the editor will expand.

JD

< Message edited by jdhalfrack -- 11/2/2007 5:20:46 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Player Editor - 10/31/2007 2:54:04 PM   
DirkGildun

1) I don't know the answer to this one.

2) You can upload it to FBMax.com.

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 2
RE: Player Editor - 10/31/2007 3:17:31 PM   
simmer

JD, that is unbelievable.....I thought you were going to release it by the weekend. When are you planning on getting the game? There are some quirks in it that I was hoping could be resolved with possibly an addon to your utility. I am a man of my word and I will purchase your game if you want. I know this game is going to ROCK the house.

(in reply to DirkGildun)
Post #: 3
RE: Player Editor - 10/31/2007 3:26:30 PM   
jdhalfrack

quote:

ORIGINAL: simmer

JD, that is unbelievable.....I thought you were going to release it by the weekend.

Well, I found an easier way to do what I was doing. After that, the code just flew. After I start playing, I will be able to make even better stuff. But in reality, thank the creators for using ACCESS databases. They are SO easy to edit.

quote:

There are some quirks in [the game] that I was hoping could be resolved with possibly an addon to your utility.

As soon as I get the game, we will start working on editing/fixing the quirks. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind consulting with the creators and seeing if maybe I can make some editors for them (the ones they don't want to make, like a league version converter) to release with the product. These guys try as much as they can to answer the suggestions of the players, but there are just somethings they don't have the time to do. My hope is that me and some other guys out there DO have the time.

quote:

I am a man of my word and I will purchase your game if you want. I know this game is going to ROCK the house.

Okay, I am going to be completely honest. I HATE doing programs for money. I think making editors to make a game (whatever game it is) better should just be something that people with the knowledge to do so should do if they have time. That's the thought process over at football-freaks and from what I can tell, it's the thought process here, too.

However... It would benefit me GREATLY if you guys wouldn't mind combining some money and purchasing the game for me. Both me and my wife are Lutheran school teachers, so, unfortunately we aren't made of money. We're not poor by any means but poor enough to piss my wife off when I asked if I could buy this game....

And, I promise you, that will be the last time I EVER ask for anything in return for my services.

JD

< Message edited by jdhalfrack -- 10/31/2007 3:31:51 PM >

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Player Editor - 10/31/2007 3:34:46 PM   
simmer

I sent you an e-mail.....Respond accordingly

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 5
RE: Player Editor - 10/31/2007 6:36:33 PM   
jdhalfrack

Currently it can be found here: FB Max Database Editor

(Updated link below)

< Message edited by jdhalfrack -- 11/1/2007 1:03:04 AM >

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 6
RE: Player Editor - 10/31/2007 8:16:31 PM   
Marauders

It looks nice JD!

I am not sure what s_GUID does, but it is part of both the 1.3 and 2.0 player files.

Perhaps David can enlighten us.

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 7
RE: Player Editor - 10/31/2007 11:11:52 PM   
jdhalfrack

Just a heads up:

I am already aware of a couple things wrong with my program.  I have fixed them and have a new setup program waiting to upload to FBmax.com, but I am going ot wait until the original finally clears the "sorting" section.

One of the big things is that any value that is stored as "1" will get changed into a "0" because for some reason vbNull is recognized as a 1, instead of a 0 (which I didnt realize until I released the program).  Plus, I have made a few changes in hopes that it cuts back on a few random errors (usually if the user does something dumb).  So, I would not recommaned using this editor on a league you will actually play (because that vbNull thing is a HUGE blunder).  But, test it out anyway on some spare league files to see how the program works.

Sorry!

JD

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 8
RE: Player Editor - 10/31/2007 11:16:10 PM   
sttfrk

would you email me the new version? 

Thanks.

Edit: new version uploaded to FBMax.

< Message edited by sttfrk -- 11/1/2007 1:48:44 AM >

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 9
RE: Player Editor - 11/1/2007 1:02:46 AM   
jdhalfrack

Currently it can be found here: FB Max Database Editor

(Updated link below)

< Message edited by jdhalfrack -- 11/2/2007 4:39:41 PM >

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 10
RE: Player Editor - 11/1/2007 1:53:31 AM   
garysorrell

Incredible work jd, I will give it a whirl after I get back from taking my 3 ghouls candy hunting.

I am pretty sure that as long as edited data remains in its proper place, there shouldnt be a problem.

The only other file that the game produces related to a league is the gamelog, after a completed game.
The gamelog is a boxscore and a play by play in a txt file.

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 11
RE: Player Editor - 11/1/2007 2:38:37 AM   
DreamTeams

This looks super. I plan to give it a try.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 12
RE: Player Editor - 11/1/2007 6:52:53 AM   
Tbird

Nice work so far no problems 

that s_GUID is also in the maindata.mdb file in the leagues table

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 13
RE: Player Editor - 11/1/2007 2:15:12 PM   
jdhalfrack

First of all, I'm glad there's been no problems so far. Keep letting me know if any of you find any bugs/errors or if any of you have any suggestions to make the editor more user friendly.

quote:

that s_GUID is also in the maindata.mdb file in the leagues table

Ultimately, what I did is just add a check to see if there is a s_GUID field. If there is, it grabs its data, if there's not, it skips it. Hopefully, that won't cause problems anywhere. Until I figure out what that field actually does, I have to do it this way.

JD

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 14
RE: Player Editor - 11/1/2007 10:32:24 PM   
simmer

How do we go about getting the game for you??

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 15
RE: Player Editor - 11/1/2007 11:47:35 PM   
jdhalfrack

quote:

How do we go about getting the game for you??

I Just PMed you about this. You're a good man

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 16
RE: Player Editor - 11/2/2007 2:31:05 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

In regards to the s_GUID field. The database for the game are created in JET 2.5 format (yes I know it's old but it's also lightweight and pretty much everything can talk to it). When a game database is opened in Office 2000 or higher the new version of JET displays that field. It could very well be an existing yet hidden field for JET 2.5 and when the DB is opened in other tools, it gets exposed. I've never had a clear reason given as to why it needs to do this, but apparently microsoft thinks it's important.

The game doesn't use it, but I could see it potentially causing problems for the games importing and exporting tools.

I'm afraid I've not done a lot of investigation to determine what impact that field has on the game.

thanks
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 11/2/2007 2:34:54 AM >

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 17
RE: Player Editor - 11/2/2007 2:37:40 PM   
simmer

JD I did not get your PM.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 18
RE: Player Editor - 11/2/2007 4:40:00 PM   
jdhalfrack

UPDATE! The Updated file can be found here:

Max FB Database Editor v 1.2

Once it gets "sorted," the location will move and I'll update the link.

MAKE A BACKUP before using this program. I have only tested this on League databases but not how the changes affect the game itself! I am not promising that there are no bugs or anything.

CHANGE LOG:
- Reworked some code to make the "Temp Save" function a quicker function.
- Changed "Quarter Back" to "Quarterback"
- Made some aesthetic changes with the player list box (probably not even noticible)
- In the player list box, I changed the first name to be in the second column and the last name to be in the first column
- Added the "Free Agents" to the team sorting selection
- Added the ability to change the player's team
- Added some extra safety checks to help against user errors
- Added the ability to edit a player's Junior Football team (which I assume means college)
---- To use this feature, either select a college from the drop down menu, or if you don't see the college you want in the drop down menu, check the box and type in your own.
---- The editor will not use the name of the college you typed in unless the box is checked!
- Added the ability to global edit all players' Junior Football teams

When using this program, clicking the "Temp Save" button saves the data on the current selection to the program, but not the database. To make all changes permanent (aka, save them to the database), goto Database --> Save.

Let me know immediately if there are errors. I don't own the game, yet, so I am not sure of all the different types of files it creates.

Goodluck and Enjoy!

JD

P.S. simmer, not sure why you didn't get my PM.... I'll send it again.

< Message edited by jdhalfrack -- 11/2/2007 8:55:50 PM >

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 19
RE: Player Editor - 11/2/2007 11:01:34 PM   
MAF

Good work JD, but I don't see where "Junior Football team" is located on the editor. Am I missing something?

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 20
RE: Player Editor - 11/2/2007 11:07:14 PM   
MAF

Never mind. I just had to reinstall it. I got everything now. Thanks again for creating it (the editor).

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 21
RE: Player Editor - 11/3/2007 12:21:17 AM   
armyofone

JD,

Any way to add a rookie draft pool into this, so we can edit rookie pools?

Or is that part of free agents?

(in reply to MAF)
Post #: 22
RE: Player Editor - 11/3/2007 12:38:20 AM   
jdhalfrack

quote:

ORIGINAL: armyofone

JD,

Or is that part of free agents?

As of right now, no. Only because I am still learning the ins and outs of this game. I am not 100% positive how the game handles certain things (draft classes being one of them). I am currently making a list of things to look into as soon as I get the game. I will add a "rookie section" to that list.

As of right now, I am already working on an update (version 1.3). I just added the ability to change a player's position and the ability to edit the player's bio. Once I add a few more options, I will probably release the new version. I know I keep releasing new versions like every day, but I made the program from scratch, so I am remembering to add things like 10 minutes after I upload the file.

If this is annoying to you guys, let me know, and I will just wait until a massive change before releasing updates.

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying this editor! It sounds like you are.

JD

(in reply to armyofone)
Post #: 23
RE: Player Editor - 11/3/2007 12:40:41 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Load a league prior to the draft.

(in reply to armyofone)
Post #: 24
RE: Player Editor - 11/3/2007 12:57:15 AM   
local8h

Hello JD,

Very Nice Job on this Editor,its so much easier Any Chance of changing Skin and Faces?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 25
RE: Player Editor - 11/3/2007 1:20:30 AM   
garysorrell

I think the rookies will be listed as free agents prior to drafting them.

Players not on a team are given the '0' team id, at least free agents are during a season, I have a feeling that the draft pool is also.

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 26
RE: Player Editor - 11/3/2007 1:30:48 AM   
jdhalfrack

quote:

ORIGINAL: local8h

Any Chance of changing Skin and Faces?

Simply put, if it can be changed, it can be incorperated into my editor. By Skin and faces, you mean the "SkinTone" and "FaceImage" fields in the leage database? If so, then yes, that will probably be incorperated in the next version or the one immediately after that.

My guess is that 1 means light, 2 means medium, and 3 means dark for skin tone (or vice versa)?

And, will someone explain the values for "FaceImage" to me?

As far as rookies go, there is a field called "YearsPro." I would assume that rookies have 0 years pro. However, all the league files I have currently have all the players with 0 years pro. Can someone enlighten me on this too?

Btw, keep nailing those suggestions at me. I plan on making this a "one size fits all" program to suit all your desires and needs.

JD

< Message edited by jdhalfrack -- 11/3/2007 1:33:07 AM >

(in reply to local8h)
Post #: 27
RE: Player Editor - 11/3/2007 1:44:39 AM   
armyofone

ok JD, you asked.

How about adding a portion for stats.  Maybe something that allows you export stats from the database into HTML reports.  I know the game already has that, but its not real function.

Is this possible?

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 28
RE: Player Editor - 11/3/2007 2:00:45 AM   
jdhalfrack

quote:

ORIGINAL: armyofone
How about adding a portion for stats.  Maybe something that allows you export stats from the database into HTML reports.  I know the game already has that, but its not real function.
Is this possible?

If this gets stored in a league file, then yes. Extracting stuff from the database is easy. I think writing the stats into an HTML format woudn't require too much work. However, to be honest, this type of update would be in a Max FB Database Editor v 2.0 type update. Basically, anything in my next MAJOR update will be after I own the game to see how in game stuff is stored (like stats, game results, drafts, scheduling... although the schedule is pretty self explanitory).

Consider your request added to my list :)

JD

< Message edited by jdhalfrack -- 11/3/2007 2:02:09 AM >

(in reply to armyofone)
Post #: 29
RE: Player Editor - 11/3/2007 2:01:31 AM   
armyofone

Thanks bro

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> 3rd Party Developers Area >> Player Editor Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI