Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bad news

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bad news Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bad news - 11/1/2007 3:03:44 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/17/41

Some good news today.
Another BB run against Singapore. This time the minefields did the job and again another BB and a DD were hit and got back to Pelembang licking their wounds. 2 BBs are now out of action for a couple of weeks at least! The surviver BBs got through but my CD guns shot back and the Yamashiro got back in flames! No damages to the AF or to the port! good. One more day gained.
At Java we're waiting for the inevitable....
In Malaya the main japanese Army finally entered in the Peninsula and conquered Georgetown.
In China he started to clean his backlines from my partisans...but it's gonna be a long run
At Luzon we conquered Tanguanaro (Sp????), in order to get some resources. His SNLF unit/fragment was just to weak to fight back and retreated to Aparri.
Still no sign of the Land Based Zeros...this can surely be a sign that the Russian campaign is ready to begin.
What else? ah, one ducth sub was badly hit near Kragen (Java), while an enemy's sub near Colombo was hit twice by the PGs patrolling those waves....nothing special

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 9 encounters mine field at Singapore (22,51)

Japanese Ships
BB Ise, Mine hits 1,  on fire
DD Yugiri, Mine hits 1,  on fire,  heavy damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack at 11,26

Japanese Ships
SS I-157, hits 2

Allied Ships
PG Jumna
PG Indus
PG Hindustan
PG Sutlej

ASW attack near Kragen  at 22,64

Japanese Ships
PG Edo Maru
PG Taiko Maru
PG Nanpo Maru
PG Okuyo Maru
PG Saiko Maru
PC Ch 1
PC Ch 2
PC Kyo Maru #2
PC Kyo Maru #11
PC Kyo Maru #12

Allied Ships
SS KXIV, hits 6

Naval bombardment of Singapore, at 22,51 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

11 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
BB Yamashiro, Shell hits 6,  on fire
BB Fuso
BB Hyuga
BB Mutsu

Allied ground losses:
465 casualties reported
Guns lost 11

Ground combat at Georgetown

Ground combat at Tuguegarao

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 4239 troops, 26 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 129

Defending force 80 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3

Allied max assault: 124 - adjusted assault: 124

Japanese max defense: 2 - adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 124 to 1 (fort level 0)

Allied forces CAPTURE Tuguegarao base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
9 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

However, now the intelligence screen says: 215 Allied ships sunk...1200 Vpoints......that's quite a lot of shipping, especially considered i'm using a straight Sir Robin tactic...

< Message edited by Gen.Hoepner -- 11/1/2007 3:19:22 PM >

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to modrow)
Post #: 61
RE: Bad news - 11/1/2007 4:13:42 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

More good news Guys!!!!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/18/41

Last night another BB raid against Singapore...and what...???? Well, 3 more BBs are out of action!!! 2 BBs hit mines during the approach and the other one was massacred by Singapore Costal guns!!! YES!
We lost a Sub today in the Malacca strait...a bad news, but it's ok, i can handle it as long as i saved most of the damaged subs in Manile (those who were not directly sunk are now afloat).
Koepang has been invaded. Now, with Timor in his bloody hands, SRA and DEI are cut off from Oz... plus the whole japanese air army attacked my forces at Medioen (Java), disabling most of my men...Java's fate is already written
However, If he comes for Darwin now i'm still in trouble...my defences are far from being ready:-(

What else? In China he keeps fighting against my partisans, while at Canton my units started the bombardment activity...he has 1 division and a half of a mixed brigade...he cannot push me back:-) Southern flank of China is now secure.

ASW attack near Singapore at 22,51

Japanese Ships
DD Minegumo
DD Murasame
DD Harusame
DD Samidare
DD Akatsuki
DD Inazuma

Allied Ships
SS S-36, hits 4, heavy damage *sinks*....

TF 43 encounters mine field at Singapore (22,51)

Japanese Ships
BB Haruna, Mine hits 1, on fire
BB Kongo, Mine hits 1, on fire

Naval bombardment of Singapore, at 22,51 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

27 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.
Japanese Ships
BB Kirishima, Shell hits 8, on fire, heavy damage
BB Hiei, Shell hits 4, on fire
BB Nagato

Allied ground losses:
286 casualties reported GOOD GUYS
Guns lost 7

(in reply to Gen.Hoepner)
Post #: 62
RE: Bad news - 11/1/2007 4:38:00 PM   
Kereguelen

Hi General,

nice to see that you returned to the forum!

Don't know why your opponent is bombarding Singapore (actually this is quite strange), but last turn result means that Haruna, Kongo, Hiei and Kirishima are damaged and probably out of action (= all fast Japanese battleships). Whatever your opponent is up to, he paid a heavy price - and maybe one of your subs will be lucky...

K

Post #: 63
RE: Bad news - 11/1/2007 5:50:40 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kereguelen

Hi General,

nice to see that you returned to the forum!

Don't know why your opponent is bombarding Singapore (actually this is quite strange), but last turn result means that Haruna, Kongo, Hiei and Kirishima are damaged and probably out of action (= all fast Japanese battleships). Whatever your opponent is up to, he paid a heavy price - and maybe one of your subs will be lucky...

K

Thanks mate!

i moved away my subs from the Singapore area 'cause the presence of the KB at Pelmbang was a mortal threat to them. So many of my precious subs got hit and, having lost so many of them at Manila, i cannot efford to throw away those boats in the swallow waters of the Malacca Strait...
However i would never risk my precious BBs against the Singapore Fortress...you could easily do that job using the bombers...

(in reply to Kereguelen)
Post #: 64
RE: Bad news - 11/1/2007 6:15:09 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

What really puzzles me now it's China. What appeared to be a general evacuation of everything that wasn't strictly necessary (in order to move to Manchukoku), now seems a major assembling in the northern area of China (around Pejiin).
It really doens't make sense. He moved back his units just to move them back again to the starting positions?!?! What's the point here? So the Russian operation is not anymore on scheldue and now i have to face a massive attack in China???
My northern perimeter, as stated in previous posts, is my weakest.While i feel quite safe in the south and in the center i dunno if i can handle a coordinated strike against Honan-Yenan-Sian area... Supplies are now flyin' to Sian, hopefully we could hold him when he will cross the yellow river east of Honan...

In the image below what seems to be the japanese plan for China:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Gen.Hoepner -- 11/1/2007 6:43:24 PM >

Post #: 65
RE: Bad news - 11/1/2007 7:51:19 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/19/41

The Japs invaded Ambonia and Lungaville...well, i think a southern pacific counterattack will be a must, cause Noumea gives too many VPs to the japs...

Sub attack at 34,64 Near Balikapan

Japanese Ships
AK Fumishima Maru, Torpedo hits 1,  on fire
PC Takunan Maru #7
PC Takunan Maru #6
PC Shonon Maru #11
PC Shonon Maru #10
PC Shonon Maru #3
PC Kyo Maru #7
PC Kyo Maru #6
PC Fumi Maru #3
PG Toyotsu Maru
PG Chokai Maru

Allied Ships
SS O16, hits 4

Ground combat at Koepang

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 5422 troops, 20 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 146

Defending force 614 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 16

Japanese max assault: 270 - adjusted assault: 45

Allied max defense: 10 - adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 45 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Koepang base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
39 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
106 casualties reported

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ground combat at Davao

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 5033 troops, 28 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 176

Defending force 2891 troops, 27 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 87

Japanese max assault: 272 - adjusted assault: 162

Allied max defense: 75 - adjusted defense: 13

Japanese assault odds: 12 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Davao base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
218 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Allied ground losses:
5373 casualties reported
Guns lost 17

So Also Davao has gone...the end of the SRA-DEI is near...only Luzon is not giving up the fight. Now i have 1600 Assault points there...not bad

Post #: 66
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 12:26:54 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

It puzzles me a lot...now he almost abbandoned Nanchang (only 1 unit)...it seems that he's getting back...while there are now 20 units at Mutakiang..only 3 hexes north of Vladivostok...so...probably i was wrong about boyzra...

Post #: 67
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 2:34:21 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

Ok Guys...i really need your help here...I cannot understand what he's doing
Look at the Chinese map...he's abbandoning Ichang, Nanchang and it seems that the whole Japanese army is going otherwhere...

Does it make any sense to you???

Attachment (1)

Post #: 68
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 2:56:03 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

Anyway, with this mess in China, that i do not know if it's to be consider a poisoned gift, the war goes on. We're approachin quickly christmas 41.
By the new year Russia could be in flame and the final courtdown will be brought on Java (after 4 days of air bombarment i doubt my guys could stand even a virtual defence). Then it will be Singapore Time. Today a great force took off from Palembang and run havoc among my men at Singapore. No way to hold the field defence after this kind of bombing...
Wake is being filled with engeneers, AA guns, CD companies and soon the marines will come in.
Canton Is. willbe the other stronghold of the americans in the pacific. The idea is to flank the marshall and threaten his supply lines here.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/20/41
ASW attack at 32,64

Japanese Ships
AK Ryotoku Maru
PC Takunan Maru #7
PC Takunan Maru #6
PC Shonon Maru #11
PC Shonon Maru #10
PC Shonon Maru #3
PC Kyo Maru #7
PC Kyo Maru #6
PC Fumi Maru #3
PG Toyotsu Maru
PG Chokai Maru

Allied Ships
SS KXI, hits 1

another sub is hit (26 flt. damage) and must go back to India...and my opponent is complaining about ASW...

Day Air attack on Singapore , at 22,51

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 19
G3M Nell x 67
F1M2 Pete x 1
Ki-43-Ib Oscar x 34
Ki-21-II Sally x 125
Ki-15 Babs x 1

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 1 destroyed, 6 damaged
Ki-21-II Sally: 15 damaged

Allied ground losses:
290 casualties reported
Guns lost 11

Airbase hits 14
Airbase supply hits 16
Runway hits 66

Ground combat at Luganville

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 607 troops, 4 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 21

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Japanese max assault: 36 - adjusted assault: 10

Allied max defense: 0 - adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 10 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Luganville base !!!

Well...this isn't exactly what i call and invasion force...600 men...

Ground combat at Canton

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 24858 troops, 137 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 797

Defending force 68857 troops, 292 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1099

He brought in another division...

Post #: 69
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 3:06:52 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gen.Hoepner

My guess is he's feeling overwhelmed in China right now due to the claustrophobic feeling he gets with so many guerilla Corps in his rear. He's apparently over-reacting and pulling back to consolidate.

Seize the opportunity and take whatever you can. My opponent held firm in a very similar China situation and he methodically began hunting down my Guerilla Corps and easily re-opened his supply lines. So Japan doesn't need to be pulling back.

Once your opponent realizes his mistake he'll be back, so take advantage of the opportunity while you can. Of course it takes so long to move in some areas, he may be back before you’re even half way there.

Jim

Post #: 70
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 3:13:13 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

quote:

My guess is he's feeling overwhelmed in China right now due to the claustrophobic feeling he gets with so many guerilla Corps in his rear. He's apparently over-reacting and pulling back to consolidate.

Seize the opportunity and take whatever you can. My opponent held firm in a very similar China situation and he methodically began hunting down my Guerilla Corps and easily re-opened his supply lines. So Japan doesn't need to be pulling back.

Once your opponent realizes his mistake he'll be back, so take advantage of the opportunity while you can. Of course it takes so long to move in some areas, he may be back before you’re even half way there.

Jim

Thanks Jim.
Well, if it's like that he's crazy! Those little units can be driven away using a fragment of a division...with a brigade and a pair of tank units you are able to keep your back lines free...seems strange to me that he pulled back 6 units from Nanchang only for this...however, i'll take what i get. I was hoping to encircle some of his most advanced units, but he flows back every time i flank him...this is a pity but if i manage to gain 2 bases (ichang and Nanchang) without a single shot of carabine...well...why no?
Let's hope it's not a trap...

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 71
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 3:22:29 AM   
Nemo121

The other thing he could be doing is consolidating forces for a drive on the Honan/Sian axis.

To be honest though I wouldn't even bother playing this guy as it seems clear to me he is going to bail the first time he runs into trouble complaining that Japan can't win --- sure, it can't but winning isn't the point.

As to China: If he is withdrawing in order to gather his forces together the natural place for him to deploy these forces is into Honan and then Sian. I'd try to guard against that.

Post #: 72
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 3:27:10 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

Thanks Nemo. Well, Trollelite is playing really good imho. He has made a single mistake (well, maybe those BB against Singa...) and he's really challenging my abilities, so i like this game. When and if there will be the first japanese "lost victory" i hope he'll behave correctly considering how much time you need to play this game.

However, Yes, Honan- Sian is my best bet too and i'm consolidating my forces there. The rivercrossing can be bloody
But even if he drives me out of Sian and Yenan...well...if i can take the center of China the exchange is in my favour Imho...if Nanchang will be taken, then Shangai will be in some danger considering the number of men China can master....

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 73
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 10:35:40 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

I'm gonna post some summary screenshots taken at 21st of Dec. 41.
As you can see Japan is pretty ahead on the normal scheldue, having conquered almost SRA and DEI, leaving back Luzon which is now completely sorrounded.... The conquest of Timor and Ambonia now puts a serious threat on Darwin and Northern Oz...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 74
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 10:37:06 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

In Java there are 400 AVs, badly supplied and mostly disabled by the constant bombing activity of enemy bombers...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 75
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 10:41:16 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

While Luzon is completely another thing.
Here Japan attacked only with paras fragments. After the liberation of Naga, few days ago, now we'll try to push the japanese paras back to Aparri.
At Clark and Manila we're consolidating our positions. Supply for the moment isn't a problem and forts are coming up, while the PI troops are gaining firepower (even if the exp. remains very very low..) We're also doing a good job saving those badly shaped units that are left on the isles in the Leyte gulf...they will be usefull when the final days of Luzon will arrive.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 76
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 10:43:53 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

And this is the general perimeter...Wake and Canton isl. are my strongholds in the pacific.
As you can see Japan, by the end of the year will have finished his initial objs. in SRA and DEI. Luzon is left back. He'llhave then the chance of choicing which way to go...India,Oz, Pacific, China (which isn't likely) or Russia...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 77
RE: Bad news - 11/2/2007 10:45:27 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

And this is the ship lost screen... Despite the great losses in terms of bases and men, the fleet isn't in a bad shape, having lost only 3 major ships and couple of DDs...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 78
Medioen Falls - 11/2/2007 6:37:17 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/23/41

So Medioen finally fell. After huge bombings at my poor ducth men lined at Medioen in the last defence of the Java Capital could not stand a chance against the waves of japan.
He broght in more than 3000 AVs...simply impossible to resist. The KB helped the advance bombing with his kates my troops, while Sallies, Nells and betties kept on pounding the ducths from Batavia... Now Sosarbaja willfall in the next 5 days i guess...

The expansion of the japanese Empire goes on. Tavoy and Victoria points were taken by paras, while Port Blair (Bay of Bengal) was so conquered with a para-drop. This new advance, with the abnormal sub activities around Cylon (not less than 3 subs were spotted around Tricomalae) suggest that he's probably going to extend the range of his torpedo bombers here...gotta pay much more attention now in moving the RNin these waters...

At Singapore my men were bombed heavily but at least this time we shot back and a lot of japanese planes came down or went back badly damaged.
In Malaya there are 2 jap divisions advancing towards Singa...probably not enough to take it.

In China we conquered an abbandoned Nanchang...very strange...still have no clue about his plans here...seem skitzofrenic!!!

Day Air attack on 4th KNIL Regiment, at 22,65 (MEDIOEN)

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 26
B5N2 Kate x 122

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 1 destroyed, 31 damaged

Allied ground losses:
151 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Day Air attack on 4th KNIL Regiment, at 22,65

Japanese aircraft
G3M Nell x 42
G4M1 Betty x 29
Ki-21-II Sally x 55

Japanese aircraft losses
G3M Nell: 4 damaged
G4M1 Betty: 3 damaged
Ki-21-II Sally: 4 damaged

Allied ground losses:
97 casualties reported
Guns lost 2

Ground combat at Madioen

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 124093 troops, 569 guns, 256 vehicles, Assault Value = 2948

Defending force 32593 troops, 251 guns, 70 vehicles, Assault Value = 454

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 0

Japanese max assault: 5664 - adjusted assault: 3864

Allied max defense: 422 - adjusted defense: 239

Japanese assault odds: 16 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Madioen base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
1749 casualties reported
Guns lost 32
Vehicles lost 2

Allied ground losses:
3739 casualties reported
Guns lost 70
Vehicles lost 12

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Ground combat at Nanchang

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 57094 troops, 335 guns, 3 vehicles, Assault Value = 1780

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Allied max assault: 1769 - adjusted assault: 2419

Japanese max defense: 0 - adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 2419 to 1 (fort level 3)

Allied forces CAPTURE Nanchang base !!!

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-15 Babs: 1 destroyed

Attachment (1)

Post #: 79
RE: Medioen Falls - 11/3/2007 4:13:50 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

This is the situation in China...very fluid i'd say.
After the fall of Nanchang, a brave new scenario opens up in front of the allies...the march trough Shangai!
While at Ichang 2 japanese units are sorrounded...they have only a little hope to escape...the hope is rapresented by the huge force coming down from the Manchukoku (i really think now the Russian campaign has been aborted. Their intent is to brake my perimeter at Honan and open the so called Hankow pocket. I'm assembling a great army to face them. Let's see what we can do. If it turns bad we always have the choice of marching back to Sian-Yenan line...will be interesting

Attachment (1)

Post #: 80
RE: Medioen Falls - 11/3/2007 10:26:43 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/24/41

Christmas Eve
The Ducth Army is completely destroyed. The defeat at Medioen brought the AVs from 440 to 110.....no way to stand a single day against 3000 AVs... oh, well...Java's fall was inevitable anyway. The DEI-SRA was invaded too early to be able to do anything imho.
Singapore is close to the end too. Probably to crack the brits he'll need something more than 2 divisions, but the end is near too. I do not have a single base anymore from where paradrop any help to the sieged garrison. He's sistematically occuping any dutch base in Sumatra and Borneo...wonder why he doesn't use these places as training camps for his crews...
Still no signs of the dreaded LBzeros...where the hell is he hiding them???
In China we're reassembling. I'm considering the idea of leaving the blockade to the pocket in the north of Syniang and getting back to Honan in order not to be flanked...let's see. He still needs some days to prepare the rivercrossing.Tomorrow 1500 AVs will enter at Ichang. We'll try to destroy the 2 japanese units present there  I simply love the chinese theatre 
What else? In the Pacific Wake is becoming a great base. Engs, AAs, CDs are flowing in. Soon i'll move an AS in order to create an advanced sub-base to be able to operate closer to the supply routes from/to Truk. The first tactical recon group (F4-lightings) is arriving here. Will be interesting to see what he really has at Kwalajein.... My 4 CVs are waiting, along with the entire pacific fleet, at PH, while the 25th,24th and the 2nd Marines are packing their stuff.

In India we're waiting for the first english CV to arrive in few days, while fuel and supplies are arriving from Aden. Few days more and the first Hurricanes squadron will be available.

In Russia everything seems quiet...

In Oz i reinforced Alice Spring and Perth.Now the first Aus Brigade is marching from Alice to Daily waters, along with some armoured units. Fuel, supplies and oil is arriving from the United States.

Post #: 81
The Fall of Nanchang - 11/3/2007 10:41:43 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

Chinese troops partying after the conquest of Nanchang

Attachment (1)

Post #: 82
RE: The Fall of Nanchang - 11/3/2007 10:57:31 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

Some more thoughts on China...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 83
RE: The Fall of Nanchang - 11/3/2007 1:39:24 PM   
Fishbed

It's ok, I understand your past experience with "fortress Java" was not speaking for a re-do of this kind right? 

Good job in Singapour, he's gonna feel the pain of loosing the service of his 4 small BBs.
General, were you gone already when Speedy started to show the results of his allied sub tactics in his game against Fabertong? I'd like to see some other allied player try out his sub tactics and management. You lost many subs at the beginning, so you may get something at using the remainder wisely like experten Speedy did.

Post #: 84
RE: The Fall of Nanchang - 11/3/2007 2:11:17 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

It's ok, I understand your past experience with "fortress Java" was not speaking for a re-do of this kind right? 

Good job in Singapour, he's gonna feel the pain of loosing the service of his 4 small BBs.
General, were you gone already when Speedy started to show the results of his allied sub tactics in his game against Fabertong? I'd like to see some other allied player try out his sub tactics and management. You lost many subs at the beginning, so you may get something at using the remainder wisely like experten Speedy did.

Not at all! Last time i tried to reinforce Java it ended up in a crushing defeat!! Sure i gained time but i left India completely without cover!

To say the truth i'm not a master with subs and i do not know what speedy has done...Is there any particular approach to follow?

I see you're from Nanchang...well, you should be happy now that your city is again in chinese hands and not in those "devils"

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 85
JAVA is doomed - 11/3/2007 3:26:16 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/25/41

Well, for christmas we had the gift of the destruction of our Ducth Army. 35,000 men surrendered. Now Sosarbaja has only some 3 base forces in her defence...in 2 days it's going to fall...to early

Singapore is badly hit by bombers from Palembang, as usual.

I tried to ambush some light jap bombers near Canton. They bombed for few days our troops. I moved in the AVG on LRCAP...the result was pretty displeasing... not a single plane shot down and 3 P-40s damaged...

SS Triton managed to avoid a triple ASW attack near Rabaul...

Day Air attack on 4th Chinese Corps, at 44,40

Japanese aircraft
Ki-48-I Lily x 19

Allied aircraft
P-40B Tomahawk x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-48-I Lily: 4 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-40B Tomahawk: 3 damaged

Ground combat at Malang

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 83568 troops, 355 guns, 251 vehicles, Assault Value = 1930

Defending force 18481 troops, 39 guns, 12 vehicles, Assault Value = 235

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 1

Japanese max assault: 3558 - adjusted assault: 2055

Allied max defense: 160 - adjusted defense: 94

Japanese assault odds: 21 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Malang base !!!

Japanese ground losses:
1335 casualties reported
Guns lost 10
Vehicles lost 3

Allied ground losses:
33796 casualties reported
Guns lost 78
Vehicles lost 7

Post #: 86
RE: JAVA is doomed - 11/3/2007 3:37:01 PM   
String

Dear god.. you really should have limited the 1st turn japanese movements. Totally and utterly historically impossible..

Oh and you gimped yourself in the house rule department also, hopefully PDU is off, otherwise, enjoy the challenge

< Message edited by String -- 11/3/2007 3:39:52 PM >

Post #: 87
RE: JAVA is doomed - 11/3/2007 3:48:23 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

quote:

ORIGINAL: String

Dear god.. you really should have limited the 1st turn japanese movements. Totally and utterly historically impossible..

Oh and you gimped yourself in the house rule department also, hopefully PDU is off, otherwise, enjoy the challenge

No, PDU is ON!
String, first of all, nice to see you here
Secondly, i firmly think these houserules are a bit japanese oriented, but at the same time i think the Allies do need a bit more challenge in order to give some fun also to the jap player....so, yes, these HRs are a bit against me, but i think(hope) i can handle them...
Altough the disaster of Java and of DEI.SRA in general, i'm already having some good results in China and i'm quite proud about that

(in reply to String)
Post #: 88
RE: JAVA is doomed - 11/3/2007 4:33:20 PM   
String

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: String

No, PDU is ON!
String, first of all, nice to see you here
Secondly, i firmly think these houserules are a bit japanese oriented, but at the same time i think the Allies do need a bit more challenge in order to give some fun also to the jap player....so, yes, these HRs are a bit against me, but i think(hope) i can handle them...
Altough the disaster of Java and of DEI.SRA in general, i'm already having some good results in China and i'm quite proud about that

At first i thought you were doomed, but now I see you are playing CHS experimental, in which 4e bombers can be pretty much guaranteed of surviving even the heaviest of CAP's. And I see you have no houserule vs. converting 2e groups to 4e so you can advance under LBA umbrella past 43 pretty easily.

Only carrier based invasions will most likely be out of the question though.

So start building up those northern australian airbases..

Post #: 89
RE: JAVA is doomed - 11/3/2007 4:45:54 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

I'd like to play as historical as possible. I won't mass convert 2E into 4Es. I hate the mono-type playing. And for what it seems to appear from these first days of war, it seems that CAP can work anyway, even if leaks will always be present (as it should be imho!) I think that in RL if japan had managed to mantain a decent level of pilot training (thing that can be done by a human player here in witp) the Mariannas Turkey shot would have never been. For sure heavy losses, but some of them would have passed the CAP.
Anyway, Darwin is already becoming important. Movin there a lot of troops. But i won't restrain myself to this. The american CVs will play a foundamental role in the pacific.
And also consider that the changing in this mod apply also to the japs, so they won't have the so called DeathStar. Till now he used his KB against the dutch, whose aviation is too underpowered to do any damage...let's see what happens when he will have to face the yanks!

(in reply to String)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bad news Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI