Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where is the Tutorial manual?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Where is the Tutorial manual? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is the Tutorial manual? - 11/10/2007 10:58:14 PM   
rsitaly

Hello!

Just bought UV today.
Using the GAME MENU one of the choices is GAME TUTORIAL that should be load a PDF document in the reader but this document doesn't exists (as well as the INTERFACE one ... only the HOTKEYS and the GAME MANUAL exist).
Please if you have the Tutorial PDF manual can you send me it at the following address:

robertosilvait@yahoo.it

Thanks in advance!

Another question ... in the scenario selection I see the TUTORIAL scenario but, when I execute it, there is no an ingame screen explaining what you have to do ... maybe this is covered in the Tutorial manual that I don't have?

Roberto

< Message edited by rsitaly -- 11/10/2007 11:11:24 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Where is the Tutorial manual? - 11/11/2007 12:07:43 AM   
Nomad

Look in the MANUALS folder and open the file called "UV-Players Guide ebook.pdf" It has the
tutoriall in it.

(in reply to rsitaly)
Post #: 2
RE: Where is the Tutorial manual? - 11/11/2007 12:25:11 AM   
rsitaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Look in the MANUALS folder and open the file called "UV-Players Guide ebook.pdf" It has the
tutoriall in it.

FOUND IT!

Thanks a lot ...

Roberto

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: Where is the Tutorial manual? - 11/11/2007 1:40:34 AM   
Joe D.

So you decided to buy UV and pass on WitP. I think UV is a more manageable game, but there's not a lot of action on this forum. Maybe when CF comes out, that might change.

In any case, best to patch-up to v 2.5.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to rsitaly)
Post #: 4
RE: Where is the Tutorial manual? - 11/11/2007 11:58:50 AM   
rsitaly

Yes ... I have decided for UV!

I have upgraded it to the version 2.50 as you suggested ... but I was not prepared at how much is slow the game!
I don't mean when it is resolving the turn, because there are a lot of things to calculate,
but I'm speaking when you start a scenario (after LOADING of a scenario was complete I was thinking that the program was frozen ... and XP reported it as "not answering") it needs a couple of minutes to show the game screen.
Another case is when, using ALT+TAB, you go in another process (I was reading the TUTORIAL in ACROBAT); when I returned to the game it needs about 20 seconds to resume the game screen!

And I have a good dual-core computer not so obsolete (a DELL DIMENSION 9100) with 1MB RAM, NVIDIA 6800 and no other process running ...

Roberto

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 5
RE: Where is the Tutorial manual? - 11/11/2007 6:50:19 PM   
Joe D.

You meant 1 GB of RAM, right?

If UV seems to be loading too slowly, try the following: go to start, all programs, UV, then right click on the UV exe file and select properties; choose the compatibility tab and run UV as Win 98/Me. Hit apply, then OK.

The above procedure has already worked well for one player, and should solve your slowness unless you really do have only 1 MB of RAM!

I have a Dell E510, 1 GB RAM and have no problems w/UV under the above settings; but I bought UV as a boxed set and run it off its disk. I assume you did a digital download.

Let us know what happens.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to rsitaly)
Post #: 6
RE: Where is the Tutorial manual? - 11/11/2007 7:16:29 PM   
rsitaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

You meant 1 GB of RAM, right?

If UV seems to be loading too slowly, try the following: go to start, all programs, UV, then right click on the UV exe file and select properties; choose the compatibility tab and run UV as Win 98/Me. Hit apply, then OK.

The above procedure has already worked well for one player, and should solve your slowness unless you really do have only 1 MB of RAM!

I have a Dell E510, 1 GB RAM and have no problems w/UV under the above settings; but I bought UV as a boxed set and run it off its disk. I assume you did a digital download.

Let us know what happens.

YES ... I mean 1GB of RAM (I need some holidays ...)

Your solution has solved my slowness problem ... now switching back from another application or loading a scenario is fast; a big thanks!

I bought the digital download version from MATRIX and I downloaded and applied also the 2.50 patch (deleting the .PRFS file before applying the patch).
Today I have read the whole manual (I love to read games manuals ... board or computer doesn't matter!) in order to begin to scratch the surface and I found UV a good game, with the right amount of micromanagement.

Roberto

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 7
RE: Where is the Tutorial manual? - 11/15/2007 7:47:20 PM   
Ike99

quote:

Yes ... I have decided for UV!

You won´t regret it. UV is the better game in my humble opinion than WITP.

(in reply to rsitaly)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Where is the Tutorial manual? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI