Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiplayer Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Multiplayer Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiplayer Issues - 9/12/2000 9:25:00 PM   
Leonidas

First of all, thanks to the matrix staff for the best waregame ever created. I'm no native speaker so I have a the feeling that I could not really express how great i think these guys are. but they are, indeed ;-) well, i have some questiones regarding online play: 1. How do I configure MGN to automatically start spwaw for both players out of a rooom without having to exchange IPs? I configured autolaunch within the client (pointing to my spwaw.exe)but if i hit the button nothing happens. 2. I have a nic for my LAN in my computer and an additional isdn adapter for internet gaming. When i try to host a game spwaw takes the IP from my nic o host a game. how can i change this? 3. I did host some games against a friend of mine, different nations at different times. For example, when i created a battle 06.1943 germans against american, i entered 1000p for germany and left the american side at xxxxp. when we started it was 1000p for germany and 1000 for america. it was a quite unbalanced game. the same happened in various other constellations. So how can i get the opponent's battlepoints computed in relation to the bps i have chosen? cheers, mm

Post #: 1
- 9/12/2000 9:31:00 PM   
Leonidas

i had a mistype: it was 2000p for germany and 1000p for us. mm

(in reply to Leonidas)
Post #: 2
- 9/12/2000 10:01:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The auto run from the MGN client seems a bit shakey...we are working on it. In teh mean time - you can meet there and then exchange IP addresses and enter them manually. I don't know the LAN answer - When I had a similar problem - I disabled the Lan card in "hardware profiles" and then the machine only saw the internet adapter. I have since sprung the extra 5$ a month for a second IP for my cable modem and have it plugged directly into my hub. Now each machine is independant and only one LAN card in each machine.

(in reply to Leonidas)
Post #: 3
- 9/12/2000 10:31:00 PM   
SgK

quote:

2. I have a nic for my LAN in my computer and an additional isdn adapter for internet gaming. When i try to host a game spwaw takes the IP from my nic o host a game. how can i change this?
You'll have to disable the tcp/ip bindings to your network adapter to get the proper ip in SPWaW as it probably gets the first adapter in the list. An option to specify an IP address when you host a game would be nice (Hint Hint)

(in reply to Leonidas)
Post #: 4
- 9/12/2000 11:15:00 PM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: The auto run from the MGN client seems a bit shakey...we are working on it. In teh mean time - you can meet there and then exchange IP addresses and enter them manually.
The autorun doesn't work even if the path is specified, but when the game is launched in MGN, SPWAW gets the IP automatically. The client does crash a lot. It hung 4 times in a row when I tried entering a room. Then I created a room, destroyed it and tried joining again, this time succesfully.

(in reply to Leonidas)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Multiplayer Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI