Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug: Horses are dangerous!: fix please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Bug: Horses are dangerous!: fix please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug: Horses are dangerous!: fix please - 11/17/2007 12:52:28 AM   
osiris_slith

HI

I dont know but empty wagons, riderless horses and empty motorcycles have a remarkable ability for spotting units..can someone fix this please

Rene

< Message edited by osiris -- 11/17/2007 12:54:22 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bug: Horses are dangerous!: fix please - 11/17/2007 1:03:20 AM   
Jason Petho

It is assumed the riderless horses and motorcycles have a small detachment remaining with the horses/motorcycles, hence they see.

Jason Petho

(in reply to osiris_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug: Horses are dangerous!: fix please - 11/17/2007 10:48:24 AM   
Leopejo

What about trucks?

Is it true that empty motorcycles may now move?

But most importantly, thank you Jason (and the rest of the team) for your efforts!

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
Reality Check!! Re: Magical horses and motorcycles - 11/17/2007 12:50:47 PM   
osiris_slith

Horses and wagons and motorcycles can spot???? why not just give them combat values as well!!!!

Let me explain why this is a not good idea!

Firstly at least on the eastern front russian units were not issued with radios at the platoon level except in armored formations and that does not count for the 1st 2 years of the war where radios were found only at battalion level. In the 3rd year of the war radios made there way to the company level in armored units mostly and in guards infantry units. All artillery spotting was done by flares even in late in the war it was done by flares. Russian artillery was mostly direct fire or preplanned fire..the russian army in 1945 could not do an artillery mission on the go because the system was not flexible enough..Right up to the end of the war russian artillery was dangerous because of mass of fire power..but german artillery was lethal because it was accurate, flexible and extremely efficient..A motorcycle, wagon, horse detachment would not have been issued these flares or TRAINED IN ARTILLERY SPOTTING!!!!

Another problem with this idea is this. I can use a horse to direct an air attack. Does any one know how hard it is to train a forward air observer...really (*^*^ hard..so how does this add to the realism to the game..I can kill a tank column with a platoon of horses by directing stuka attacks...THEY WERE NOT TRAINED FOR IT!!!! Im sure players will love to see there tiger platoon blasted to pieces because of some horse!!!

Heres what I would suggest if you are looking at creating more reality in the game:

If you want realism create dedicated observer units for the game..especially air observers..Realism is: All german platoon comabt units have the ability to spot for artillery..except transports and horses..for the russians only platoon HQ units should have this ability..now thats realism

My apologies but my studies of the eastern front is a 20 year old hobby of mine and I do like this game a lot...The fun of the game is too keep somethings simple..some detail is good but this kind of detail makes the difference between a playable game and a unplayable one. I really think this needs to changeed.. so unfortunately i really disagree with this idea because its not in keeping with history OR REALISM

Rene

< Message edited by osiris -- 11/17/2007 4:07:01 PM >

(in reply to osiris_slith)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Bug: Horses are dangerous!: fix please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI