Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Primary Wpn OP Fire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Primary Wpn OP Fire Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Primary Wpn OP Fire - 9/13/2000 10:45:00 AM   
KGzim

Need some answers here. if the primary weapon(PW)cant fire at a OPfire(OPF) target but the secondary weapon(SW) can, will it engage? I am playing a battle and have some smg infantry and find that they will not engage any OPF target beyond 3 hexs even though they have a Lmg that can. Does it matter what wpn I have in weapon slot one ie Lmg than smg? Will the computer think it has lots of LMG and only 1 smg. Makes it very hard for any smg infantry to return fire if they are not within 3hexs to OPF. Thanks KGZim

Post #: 1
- 9/13/2000 8:05:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

I thought this was fixed, but maybe not - the opfire range is controlled by the weapon in slot one, we had this on the list to fix in the situation you described - it may have not made it... Are you using opfire confirm? and check the range setting, the default may limit you to the range of teh weapon in slot 1 and you may have to manually raise it.

(in reply to KGzim)
Post #: 2
- 9/14/2000 5:01:00 AM   
KGzim

Did some testing came away with mixed results. Secondary weapon will fire if primary is not able to reach. Some units will fire some wont and they all can see the target. Units that move most of the time get pegged with OPFire. Units that fire at you might get some opfire inreturn. Has opfire been coded depending on experience? Seem from my tests better exp more opfire. Also noticed that some units without no supression will not opfire at a unit that shoots at him even though it can see it. Now on the other hand the computer will fire back if it is fired on and has no supression...Hmmmm Overall after doing this test I have a better understand on how opfire works. If I change the primary weapon to a lmg will the computer think it has more than one?

(in reply to KGzim)
Post #: 3
- 9/14/2000 5:44:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Don't put MGs as a squads primary weapon - it will get credit for one LMG and 1 rifle - not number of men x rifles. Opfire is based on a lot of factors incluing experience, leader infantry rating, suppression, and status (units in defend stance will opfire more) Thanks for checking that out!

(in reply to KGzim)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Primary Wpn OP Fire Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI