Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2p Co-op?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> 2p Co-op? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2p Co-op? - 11/14/2007 10:52:03 PM   
Llyranor

Hello,

Would it be possible to have 2 players on the same side (with 3 AI allies) against 5 AI? Or is it strictly PvP?
Post #: 1
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/14/2007 11:12:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

As far as I know, multi-player is intended for PVP combinations only. Each side can have up to five players assigned, of which one on each side is assigned as the "commander". So you could do 2 vs. 1, 1 vs. 1, 4 vs. 3, etc. but it does not allow a mix of players and AIs as far as I'm aware. Andrew from CSO Simtek can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Llyranor)
Post #: 2
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/15/2007 1:16:08 AM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

Each side can have up to five players assigned, of which one on each side is assigned as the "commander". So you could do 2 vs. 1, 1 vs. 1, 4 vs. 3, etc. but it does not allow a mix of players and AIs as far as I'm aware.

Erik nailed it

1 v AI

or H2H beyond that

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/15/2007 12:31:34 PM   
CptWaspLuca

Can we hope in a future version including that? It would be very nice to have coop against the AI (I requested that for CoI!)

Cpt.Wasp

Member of the NWI staff (http://www.netwargamingitalia.net/)
Proud co-founder of Balena Ludens
(http://www.balenaludens.it/)

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 4
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/15/2007 4:14:10 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

MP fighting against AI doesn't strike me as being particularly desirable. In all the time that I spent playing BAG's WNLB and ANGV at Gamespy, I can only remember seeing folks playing the AI twice, and I honestly believe that the only reason that we did so was because that was the only way that we could play the largest scenarios (which required 3-4 players per side). The truth be known, we would have preferred to play those same scenarios against humans, but the game simply wasn't stable with 6-8 players.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to CptWaspLuca)
Post #: 5
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/15/2007 10:24:31 PM   
TheJoat

Well, that's a shame. I'm part of a small group that plays together every week - we love to team up and play against the AI. Makes for lots of fun. I wish more games would allow it.

Bruce

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 6
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/16/2007 2:44:04 AM   
Fred98

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheJoat
I wish more games would allow it.

You ought to play against other people. Thats fun! There is no such thing as a good AI.
-

(in reply to TheJoat)
Post #: 7
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/18/2007 5:06:01 PM   
TheJoat

Head to head games are nice, but when there's 3 or 4 people in the same room, it's much easier to play on the same side. That way we can discuss tactics and plan together. It also becomes a lot more social.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 8
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/18/2007 6:32:42 PM   
ravinhood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

MP fighting against AI doesn't strike me as being particularly desirable. In all the time that I spent playing BAG's WNLB and ANGV at Gamespy, I can only remember seeing folks playing the AI twice, and I honestly believe that the only reason that we did so was because that was the only way that we could play the largest scenarios (which required 3-4 players per side). The truth be known, we would have preferred to play those same scenarios against humans, but the game simply wasn't stable with 6-8 players.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

I have to agree playing against the AI solo is easy enough and one person wants Coop? hahahahaha Better to play against one another than playing coop. These are PC games not console kiddy games. ;)

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 9
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/18/2007 7:09:33 PM   
CptWaspLuca

I don't understand. If someone doesn't like coop play, he can play the game as it is, and don't bother players asking coop play posting here. If we ask coop play it's evident we would like it, for one reason or another; please respect our opinion.

I know this is a PC game, I know AI is no match for a veteran player, but I review such games from years and coop play is still a good feature for a lot of players. I can use a very tough handicap in terms of difficulty level and play coop with a friend against AI, and I find this very funny. I want underline that the gaming experience is very different in coop play: you must coordinate with the other player. If you can't play with 3 or 4 persons, and you want experiment with a single friend coop, you simply need coop play against AI.

Cpt.Wasp

Member of the NWI staff (http://www.netwargamingitalia.net/)
Proud co-founder of Balena Ludens
(http://www.balenaludens.it/)

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 10
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/18/2007 8:02:40 PM   
Tejszd

Coop play could be good for a change. Imagine you and your friend (max. 300 men) defending the beaches of normandy against 5 AI players (max. 750 men)

(in reply to CptWaspLuca)
Post #: 11
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/19/2007 1:01:44 AM   
z1812

Hi All,

I always vote for a choice. So if people want co-op against the A.I. and Matrix wants tor provide it, then all the better. It would be fun.

Regards Jon

(in reply to Llyranor)
Post #: 12
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/19/2007 10:49:43 PM   
TheJoat

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

quote:

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

I have to agree playing against the AI solo is easy enough and one person wants Coop? hahahahaha Better to play against one another than playing coop. These are PC games not console kiddy games. ;)

Yep, not a console kiddy game. That's why it should allow co-op against the AI. Very much like real life. It's a blast to have to coordinate your efforts against the enemy. It also allows me to focus my attention on a lot fewer units.

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 13
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/20/2007 5:18:02 AM   
rastak

quote:

Head to head games are nice, but when there's 3 or 4 people in the same room, it's much easier to play on the same side. That way we can discuss tactics and plan together. It also becomes a lot more social.

Absolutely, my buddy and I play a few games head to head but always play co-op whenever we can. Much more fun to plan tactics and discuss strategy while we play.

(in reply to TheJoat)
Post #: 14
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/20/2007 5:19:25 AM   
rastak

quote:

quote:

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Is this new math? One person?

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 15
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/20/2007 12:55:33 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

quote:

quote:

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Yep, not a console kiddy game. That's why it should allow co-op against the AI. Very much like real life. It's a blast to have to coordinate your efforts against the enemy. It also allows me to focus my attention on a lot fewer units.

On top of that, the battlefield is so lethal that you can use an extra hand

(in reply to TheJoat)
Post #: 16
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/23/2007 9:13:01 PM   
WRenaud

I'd just love to have AI players to fill in gaps on a team, even just in single player. As it stands, it looks like my chances of seeing a full 5v5 on the HQ are fairly slim...

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 17
RE: 2p Co-op? - 11/25/2007 5:43:42 AM   
newabortion

Co-op is a must have me and my 2 other buddies love co-op and I thought this game supported co-op..damn it back to war hammer 40k for our co-op frills. Also Unless you play Halo 1 on legendary or COD4 on veteran and bet the prologue mission on the plan in 60 seconds DON'T EVER rag on freaking console gamers...please.

(in reply to WRenaud)
Post #: 18
RE: 2p Co-op? - 12/11/2007 5:18:48 AM   
Masterjts

Here is another vote for coop vs the AI. 

(in reply to newabortion)
Post #: 19
RE: 2p Co-op? - 1/12/2008 11:51:47 PM   
hadberz

Years ago, me and my friends would play Warlords 3 againt the AI. After we finished off the AI we turned on each other. It was some damn fun gaming. The point is if something like this could be done in a wargame like this, I think it would be a blast.

(in reply to Masterjts)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> 2p Co-op? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI