Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Started a new campaign as Soviets - Some comments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Started a new campaign as Soviets - Some comments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Started a new campaign as Soviets - Some comments - 9/13/2000 1:24:00 PM   
Grisha

Started a new v4 WWII campaign as Soviets in 7/41, and am two battles into it. So far it's two decisive victories against the Germans, but with T-34s and fighting AI, that's really not saying that much, I know Anyway, I thought I'd comment on a couple things:[list]
  • Artillery - I really like the suppressive effect artillery has now along with the wider area of influence from barrages. It was something to see continual 82mm barrages just whittle away at German morale.
  • Weapon & Engine Breakdowns - I like this a lot. After having a few T-34s breakdown on me I finally figured out how to keep them in working order. The gun breakdowns are real nice too. Having such uncertainty is always a big plus.
  • PPSh sounds - I love the new PPSh41 sounds! Definite 'brrrrp!' sound. In fact, it looks like you worked on a few Soviet firearm sounds - well done!
  • Terrain Graphics - Really am enjoying the new terrain types and graphics.[/list] Great Job!!!

Best regards,
    Greg Guerrero
  • Post #: 1
    - 9/13/2000 1:53:00 PM   
    jlaurila

Yes, i agree with you. there is now a lot more intensity in my little winter war. i really think, that most of the finnish (and some russian lmg:s) sound are from the movie 'rukajärven tie' (the ruka-lake road?) don't know, what is the name for it in other countries. and the sound for suomi-smg with someone yelling 'tulta!' is grrreeeat. /me bows humbly down at the feet of the matrix staff ur grrreeeat, also ------------------ JLaurila

JLaurila

(in reply to Grisha)
    Post #: 2
    - 9/13/2000 3:42:00 PM   
    Schrubbery

quote:

Originally posted by jlaurila: and the sound for suomi-smg with someone yelling 'tulta!' is grrreeeat.
    That might sound a bit comical if the squad was down to one man, the sarge yelling fire commands to himself. Well, that's what being weeks and months guarding some wilderness outposts does to your psyche But I'm still waiting for my friend to burn the blessed cd and mail it to me. Damn I miss those days when a game was *large* when it used four (4!) floppy discs! [This message has been edited by Schrubbery (edited September 13, 2000).]

(in reply to Grisha)
    Post #: 3
    - 9/13/2000 4:10:00 PM   
    jlaurila

yeah, part of me misses those games too, but when i really hard try to remember what those games felt like, i realize, that we have come a loooong way since then. and yes, i think that couple of months in the forest will do you some good ------------------ JLaurila

JLaurila

(in reply to Grisha)
    Post #: 4
    - 9/13/2000 6:37:00 PM   
    Greybear

quote:

Originally posted by jlaurila: and the sound for suomi-smg with someone yelling 'tulta!' is grrreeeat.
    Is THAT what that sound is? It had me totally confused.

(in reply to Grisha)
    Post #: 5
    - 9/13/2000 7:34:00 PM   
    jlaurila

Yep, that's what it says there. it means Fire! in english. (or something similar.) i am not exactly sure, what they yell when they want some serius shooting to take place but cause it's finnish, it adds great deal of immersion for me. me like it a lot! ------------------ JLaurila

JLaurila

(in reply to Grisha)
    Post #: 6
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Started a new campaign as Soviets - Some comments Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI