Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/20/2007 9:29:38 PM   
Erik Rutins

We are offering a special deal to customers who buy both Harpoon Games (Advanced Naval Warfare and Commander's Edition) together. Gamers who purchase in the same order both Advanced Naval Warfare and Commander’s Edition now receive a discount of $20.00 off the normal combined price!

This discount is only available if you use the special bundle discount links below!

North America (US & Canada):
North America Commander's Edition + Advanced Naval Warfare DOWNLOAD Discount

North America Commander's Edition + Advanced Naval Warfare PHYSICAL Discount

UK, Europe, Australia and the rest of the World:
Rest of World Commander's Edition + Advanced Naval Warfare DOWNLOAD Discount

Rest of World Commander's Edition + Advanced Naval Warfare PHYSICAL Discount

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 12/14/2007 4:33:47 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/20/2007 9:31:37 PM   
Terminus

I'm having trouble purchasing Commander's Edition by itself (I already own ANW). I keep ending up with the whole bundle in my cart, and it won't let me deselect ANW. Seems to happen no matter what store link I click, but it could certainly just be me that's stupid.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/20/2007 9:40:16 PM   
Terminus

Never mind, problem solved and game downloading...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/20/2007 9:43:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus
I'm having trouble purchasing Commander's Edition by itself (I already own ANW). I keep ending up with the whole bundle in my cart, and it won't let me deselect ANW. Seems to happen no matter what store link I click, but it could certainly just be me that's stupid.

Odd, I just tested it and had no problems with the US or Europe store, using the standard Add to Cart button. Did you try zeroing out the quantity on ANW and then updating?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/20/2007 9:45:54 PM   
Terminus

Couldn't zero out the quantity, but I must have inadvertently clicked the correct link (for Commander's Edition alone), and purchased just that. The odd bit was that I never clicked on any of the two bundle links.

Post #: 5
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/20/2007 11:05:18 PM   
Jim D Burns

I clicked the North America link and get a 400 bad request error.

Jim

Post #: 6
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/20/2007 11:27:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

Huh, me too - and yet, they were working an hour ago. Investigating...

Edit: Well, I just reset them and they seem to be working fine now. Give it another try please.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 11/20/2007 11:29:44 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 7
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/21/2007 12:11:24 AM   
Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Give it another try please.

Work's fine, downloading now.

Thanks,

Jim

Post #: 8
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/21/2007 12:30:27 PM   
Bungle

Hmmmmm, the deal you get when you dont get a deal......

With the deepest respect I would hazzard to guess that most (majority) prospective CE purchasers have already been forced to suffer the vagaries of purchasing harpoon 3.7. blah.blah..............  not dishing, speaking what everyone knows, including the devs and producers .    

Speaking personally (and I suspect for a not inconsiderable few others) the only reason a, not inconsiderable, number of us purchased ANW was due to the constant delays in CE!  Ergo such a deal as has been publicised by Matrix is somewhat akin to rubbing salt, ewwwww that hurts.

On the positive side, ABOUT TIME YEEHAAAAAAAAAA! Oh yeah baby start ladling out the tiddly winks I re'arch be'artch, come on in sweet november

Are the patches ready..........................    Muaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cheers
reality

The Bungle

"As so often happens, it's the self-proclaimed
peacemakers that you really have to watch out for."

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 9
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/21/2007 6:07:36 PM   
BB56

Question:  Is this discount for a limited time only?   I ask as I want both games but am financially challenged right now.

(in reply to Bungle)
Post #: 10
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/21/2007 6:28:23 PM   
Erik Rutins

This deal should be around for quite a while yet, so there should be time. We don't have a firm end date yet.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to BB56)
Post #: 11
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/21/2007 9:14:32 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bungle

With the deepest respect I would hazzard to guess that most (majority) prospective CE purchasers have already been forced to suffer the vagaries of purchasing harpoon 3.7. blah.blah..............  not dishing, speaking what everyone knows, including the devs and producers .    

I must agree. I look forward to the discount being extended to those who didn't wait 18 months to purchase ANW.

(in reply to Bungle)
Post #: 12
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/21/2007 10:45:19 PM   
BB56

quote:

This deal should be around for quite a while yet, so there should be time. We don't have a firm end date yet.

Thank you.

Post #: 13
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/22/2007 8:16:16 PM   
rich12545

My 2 cents.

This bundle punishes those of us who purchased ANW a while ago and would also like to have CE.  It punishes those of us who showed early support for the Harpoon series.

Yes I know we've had the game, but also you've had our money.  So we're even.

Those who purchase both titles should pay the same amount regardless of when each was bought.  The only way to be fair is to offer a $20 discount for CE to those who purchased ANW at full price (not with a different discount).  Not doing that is screwing those who already purchased ANW and who also plan to purchase CE.  Sorry for using harsh terms but that's the way it is. 

I believe Matrix should do the right thing and offer the discount.

(in reply to BB56)
Post #: 14
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/22/2007 9:19:46 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

The only way to be fair is to offer a $20 discount for CE to those who purchased ANW at full price (not with a different discount).  Not doing that is screwing those who already purchased ANW and who also plan to purchase CE.  Sorry for using harsh terms but that's the way it is. 

Likewise. All I guess it's up to them to weigh up extra sales at $20 versus lost sales at $40 and general pissed off-ness on the part of the ANW owning punters.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 11/22/2007 9:22:31 PM >

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 15
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/23/2007 1:05:50 AM   
toph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

The only way to be fair is to offer a $20 discount for CE to those who purchased ANW at full price (not with a different discount). Not doing that is screwing those who already purchased ANW and who also plan to purchase CE. Sorry for using harsh terms but that's the way it is.

Likewise. All I guess it's up to them to weigh up extra sales at $20 versus lost sales at $40 and general pissed off-ness on the part of the ANW owning punters.

I voiced a similar sentiment two days ago in another thread. I'd even settle for $10 off HCE for those already owning H3ANW.

It's even more salt in the wound since I read this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1580479 where a bundle discount was dismissed because of the separation between releases.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 16
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/23/2007 1:57:54 AM   
Hertston

There seems no way to buy just the CE from the UK store, anyway. Selecting either it (at £19.99) or the bundle just takes me to the bundle and there seems no way of losing ANW. Not only do Matrix/DR not want to offer me a discount they seem to want me to buy ANW twice.

(in reply to toph)
Post #: 17
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/23/2007 2:10:49 AM   
rich12545

I don't know if MG would make a little more or a little less by offering a $20 discount to ANW buyers.  I do know it would be the right thing to do.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 18
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/23/2007 4:39:23 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

There seems no way to buy just the CE from the UK store, anyway. Selecting either it (at £19.99) or the bundle just takes me to the bundle and there seems no way of losing ANW. Not only do Matrix/DR not want to offer me a discount they seem to want me to buy ANW twice.

Bundle offer questions aside, this concerns me from a technical standpoint. I can't duplicate this, is anyone else having this problem?

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 19
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/23/2007 5:49:59 AM   
seacraft

As a LONG TIME owner of most flavors of Harpoon, thanks to the Crew for putting out another release of an olf classic! CV, S, T, and all the beta guys (I was one for a short while 'til I had to back out due to lack of time)

As a long time PURCHASER of Harpoon, and previous purchaser of ANW, I want to echo some of the above comments in that I'm a little disppointed in not being able to receive a discount. Though not as disapointed by the lack of a support request to Matrix with a S/N issue on ANW.

This will be the second purchase of something through Matrix and unless the experience is better it will be my last. I'll just run an old version in a virtual machine.

Post #: 20
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/23/2007 9:28:37 AM   
Hertston

quote:

Bundle offer questions aside, this concerns me from a technical standpoint. I can't duplicate this, is anyone else having this problem?

It's OK now. I'm sure it wasn't just me... I checked several times to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. I had the same result with the Euro store (but not the US one, interestingly).

Post #: 21
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/23/2007 1:37:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

What browser do you use? We've had some past reports of issues involving Firefox, just wanted to find out if you were using that or not.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 22
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/23/2007 9:19:59 PM   
Hertston

No, IE 7.

It's intermittent (always the worst), not 'stopped', BTW. I tried this evening and got the bundle; cleared my cart and tried again and got the bundle, and then re-booted, tried again and it was OK. I've tried both routes to getting there (box icon on right of intro screen, and via genre search 'modern' with the same results. Sorry Erik, but other than eliminating my own stupidity (always a possibility) I can't figure out the common denominator.

Did anybody else have this problem?

Post #: 23
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/24/2007 7:04:35 PM   
Vigilante

Is there an ETA as to when the physical media will be available vs. download?..

Patrick

The three best things in life are... a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing during a storm is where you get to experience all three at the same time...

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 24
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/26/2007 11:28:27 AM   
leastonh1

quote:

quote:

Although I'm not ready to buy yet (waiting for pre-purchase answers in another thread), I am seeing this problem. I just went to the Euro shop. Whenever I try the dustbin icon to remove ANW, it just takes me back to the page with extended download added. When I zero that option and try again, same result. I'm using Maxthon browser, which I believe is based on IE.

I just tried it using the latest Firefox and ANW was not already listed as a purchase. Go figure!

Regards,
Jim

2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded.

Post #: 25
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/27/2007 5:42:07 PM   
BlindOldUmp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vigilante
Is there an ETA as to when the physical media will be available vs. download?..

quote:

The physical version of this product is currently on back-order. We recommend using a standard shipping option as faster shipping methods will not change the back-order delay. The current estimated ship date for North American orders is November 28, 2007 and for rest of the world December 3, 2007.

The above notice found in the ??Hornet Leader PC?? purchase selector. This disclaimer would be acceptable with later dates As I said earlier. I can wait for my box but I'm getting jealous of all the fun going on around here .......

< Message edited by Skip_Reed -- 11/28/2007 4:23:10 PM >

(in reply to Vigilante)
Post #: 26
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/28/2007 7:36:43 AM   
Bedford Incident

First, I was going to offer a suggestion on the "bundle" problem.  My guess is, you've got multiple servers handling this stuff, and they do not all have the same software.  At some times of day, the load is light, and all the traffic goes to the primary server, which has the good stuff.  Some of the alternate servers, though, have the "bundling" error on them, and that's why the system seems intermittent.

Now...why won't this thing let me buy the product?  I've tried 2 different credit cards, and also Pay Pal.  All of these report vague and unspecified errors, but won't take my order.  Is this common?   What's the problem here?  I even gave it my real phone number, which changed the response but still didn't work.

(in reply to BlindOldUmp)
Post #: 27
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/28/2007 3:43:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

Bedford,

Please send me an e-mail at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order number(s) and we'll investigate.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Bedford Incident)
Post #: 28
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/28/2007 9:37:52 PM   
Bedford Incident

I tried it from work, and the order went through.

Now, am I in trouble? I don't want to download this at work. I want to download it at home. Will the order number and serial number be sufficient to do that?

Post #: 29
RE: IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! - 11/28/2007 9:41:00 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, just go to www.findmyorder.com from home with your order info and you'll be able to download it there.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Bedford Incident)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> IMPORTANT: Bundle Discount Links! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI