Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

fatal error?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> fatal error? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
fatal error? - 11/22/2007 6:26:37 PM   
Kalle

Hello everybody,
to say it frankly: i am desperate. i purchased WitP, (ver1.5), then tried to install patch 1.8.0.4 and 1.8.0.6, but a fatal error 999 occured shortly after the load screen.
I tried to reinstall from scratch several times, downloaded both patches again, but it did not work.
I then tried another way by downloading patch 1.80, 1.801, 1.804 and 1.806 from the website `strategy informer´, but again the game crashed after 1.804.

the basic version of 1.50 seems to run fine, ver. 1.80 is also ok, the problems start with 1.804 i think.

My guess is, that the problems are somehow connected with a file named witprec.ccd (computer shows a potential hijacker), which appears after ver. 1.804

so any help would be really great!
Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: fatal error? - 11/22/2007 6:31:59 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kalle

Hello everybody,
to say it frankly: i am desperate. i purchased WitP, (ver1.5), then tried to install patch 1.8.0.4 and 1.8.0.6, but a fatal error 999 occured shortly after the load screen.
I tried to reinstall from scratch several times, downloaded both patches again, but it did not work.
I then tried another way by downloading patch 1.80, 1.801, 1.804 and 1.806 from the website `strategy informer´, but again the game crashed after 1.804.

the basic version of 1.50 seems to run fine, ver. 1.80 is also ok, the problems start with 1.804 i think.

My guess is, that the problems are somehow connected with a file named witprec.ccd (computer shows a potential hijacker), which appears after ver. 1.804

Thank you

see WITP support forum:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1587178

(in reply to Kalle)
Post #: 2
RE: fatal error? - 11/22/2007 6:57:43 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

Hello everybody,

Thank you

see WITP support forum:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1587178

i'll add - try to do a deinstall first.

Bring the problem to the support forum and if you are still having problems after deinstall - reinstall, tell us more about it (i.e. what OS you are using, etc.) We can help you narrow it down more quickly the more information we have.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3
RE: fatal error? - 11/22/2007 8:51:50 PM   
Kalle

short update: WITP is runnning again, problem seems to be today´s update of Antivir. the program showed a TR/PSW.Banker.GEZ virus in the witprec file. Disabling antivir solved the problem, but this is maybe not a permanent solution.

Some other players seem to have the same problems:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1622446
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1622328

So far, thank you for your help!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4
RE: fatal error? - 11/22/2007 8:58:19 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

short update: WITP is runnning again, problem seems to be today´s update of Antivir. the program showed a TR/PSW.Banker.GEZ virus in the witprec file. Disabling antivir solved the problem, but this is maybe not a permanent solution.

Some other players seem to have the same problems:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1622446
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1622328

So far, thank you for your help!

Yes - just discovered this myself - not sure if this means WITP is infected or that the antiviral programs are mistaking WITP for a Trojan horse.

(in reply to Kalle)
Post #: 5
RE: fatal error? - 11/22/2007 9:48:33 PM   
wernerpruckner

can someone try to install WitP...with all updates....it seems that the problem starts with the latest comprehensive patch....
even without AVG it does not want to install in the right way....I just tested it with my laptop...no luck.....

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 6
RE: fatal error? - 11/22/2007 11:30:07 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: swift

can someone try to install WitP...with all updates....it seems that the problem starts with the latest comprehensive patch....
even without AVG it does not want to install in the right way....I just tested it with my laptop...no luck.....

Make SURE it is off (mine managed to turn itself on somehow once today).

Try deinstalling and reinstalling - it might need to clear spurious stuff out of the registry.

(in reply to wernerpruckner)
Post #: 7
RE: fatal error? - 11/23/2007 4:39:16 AM   
Feinder

After several frustrating attempts (and same errors).
Either reinstall the main game from the CD first, or go to www.findmyorder.com (hosts the DL for the main game) with your order info and password.

1.  YOU MUST INSTALL v1.5 *FIRST* from either the CD or findmyorder.  It's the download of the main game, about 330megs.
2.  Then put v1.804 (comprehensive patch).  But it's a PATCH (about 30megs), not the whole game (so it doesn't work alone).
3.  Then put in v1.806 (latest patch, about 3 megs).

-F-

< Message edited by Feinder -- 11/23/2007 4:42:02 AM >

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 8
RE: fatal error? - 11/23/2007 6:47:36 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

After several frustrating attempts (and same errors).
Either reinstall the main game from the CD first, or go to www.findmyorder.com (hosts the DL for the main game) with your order info and password.

1.  YOU MUST INSTALL v1.5 *FIRST* from either the CD or findmyorder.  It's the download of the main game, about 330megs.
2.  Then put v1.804 (comprehensive patch).  But it's a PATCH (about 30megs), not the whole game (so it doesn't work alone).
3.  Then put in v1.806 (latest patch, about 3 megs).

-F-

Right - but you can run the comprehensive upgrade from any version (prior to 1.804). For instance, i run my install as 1.00 -> 1.804 comp -> 1.806.

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> fatal error? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI