Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def) - 11/25/2007 8:47:27 PM   
Brizane

After settings rosters and simulation a lot of games, I was wondering if others had come up with what stats make up a college level player, vs Pro vs High School.

Or, perhaps, what makes a great WR vs a good DB?

You see, most of the time, stats are identical in teams, regardless of minor rank differences.

QB's float around 50 - 55 completion %, and will badly miss wide open targets many times.
RB's average 1.5 yards a carry inside, and 3.5 outside, the tackles.
RB's and WR's never 'break' tackles.
8 sacks a game, per team.
3 fumbles a game, per team.

My thought here is the stats are not right, to express what would be a 'normal' NFL game. Not enough of a difference from players in one position to their defenders.

Any idea's? Anyone have stats that would better reflect performance?

Also, there are no 'superstar's'. Each league is extremely close to each other, in thier respective positions.

Now, please bear in mind, I've generated 3 personal leagues of various sizes, and used the USFF league (special thanks given to who ever did all that work), from FBMAX.com

The results are all extremely close, in each case.

Thanks for your time.

Irish

< Message edited by Brizane -- 11/25/2007 8:48:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def) - 11/26/2007 8:49:52 AM   
BCtheQB

i tried to make some inroads along these lines and represent teh realistic curve
of talent proportion
how many superstars
how many journeymen etc

http://www.wellingtoninnovations.com/NEXUS/MaximumFootball/index.html

Skagit Valley Lightning, HC, OC, DC, QB,Seattle Stallions 8-3,QB,West Sound Saints, NAFL CHamps,
King County Jaguars 05 NAFL W.Conf Champz,#2inUS
Eastside Hawks 03 #2 in US , 04 #1,#1 in PIFL.

(in reply to Brizane)
Post #: 2
RE: Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def) - 11/26/2007 11:10:18 AM   
micvik

I found the playbooks from the Plays.zip from the unsorted section of fbmax really good
(I have no idea who made them because there is no readme)
coach_allen_4_3.pbk
coach_davis_4_3.pbk
coach_goode_4_3.pbk
coach_johnson_3_4.pbk
coach_johnson_3_4.pbk
coach_johnson_3_4.pbk

I just spread these playbooks amongst the teams in the league and I get good results

One thing that helps me differentiate teams are diverse profiles. I used to have same problem you had and I noticed that all the teams in my league were basically following the same profile. I've made new profiles so that teams will draft every possible position and emphasize varying focuses.

The other thing I like to do is let player develop over time so I never start my franchise in the first season. I just run a draft and training camp for a few seasons. One problem I have found with this method is that players are hardcoded to retire after they have 2 years of experience.
What I do to avoid this is after the draft every season I use jdhalfrack's editor to change all rookies to minus 6 years experience. This means players will retire after 8 years. Of course there is problem with this is eventually the edited players will eventually become rookies(0 years experience) again.

Fortunately there is a way to get around this because the game does not create rookies until you hit the new season button.
what I do to combat this is I just keep track of when the orginal draft class is due to hit 0 experience. After the season ends and those players return back to 0 experience before I hit new season I use the editor to change all rookies(really veteran who have gone from -1 experience to 0) to 1 year experience. Then after I hit new season and draft I go back into Jdhalfrack's editor and change all rookies to -6 years experience. I just continue this process every season after.

It's a bit of an annoyance but I found that the offensive and defensive execution was much slicker than before because players are better. also because players are able to fully develop you get interesting varied rosters. You will have players diffrenent ability,ages and development skill.

(in reply to Brizane)
Post #: 3
RE: Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def) - 11/26/2007 3:02:28 PM   
garysorrell

quote:

players are hardcoded to retire after they have 2 years of experience

Im not sure ive seen this. Ive run several leagues thru 10+ seasons and havent noticed unusual retirement numbers.

What 'Play Level' are you using, its on the Edit League screen.

Although, I havent run any that far since 2.0 or 2.18.....I may try that tonight when I get home, see if I have the same problem

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 4
RE: Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def) - 11/29/2007 3:16:32 AM   
micvik

I was using professional level

Gary im eager to hear if you noticed the problem in your game on 2.1

I think I may try a fresh install of the game because I have another issue were the depth charts are reversed with worse players starting over better ones

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 5
RE: Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def) - 11/29/2007 4:32:33 AM   
garysorrell

Fell asleep last night, sorry. I will sim a few seasons tonight and see what happens

(in reply to micvik)
Post #: 6
RE: Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def) - 11/29/2007 6:06:11 AM   
garysorrell

Thru 4 seasons using the MIL, I have seen players retire with 2, 3, 4yrs.

Most I had was one team after two seasons had 6 guys retire, but other than that it seems normal.

Most teams seem to have 2 to 4 guys retire.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Player Rankings (Pro vs College or Off vs Def) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI