Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FB Pro 98 style Remote Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> FB Pro 98 style Remote Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FB Pro 98 style Remote Games - 11/27/2007 1:15:30 AM   
SJ9R

How about the ability to have remote games? I currently run a FB Pro 98 league with 30 teams ) 20 CPU managed and 10 human managed. The only games that get simmed are the CPU vs. CPU games. I don't think it would be nearly as much fun if I simmed all of the human vs. human games. From what I understand Max-football does not currently support this -- you have to sim the games? The human managers are not able to pplay their games and e-mail me the finished game file?
Post #: 1
RE: FB Pro 98 style Remote Games - 11/27/2007 2:26:45 AM   
garysorrell

Ther isnt a 'game file' like in FBPRO. Max has a single league file. Everything begins and ends in the league file. You would have to actually pass around the league file.

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 2
RE: FB Pro 98 style Remote Games - 11/27/2007 5:38:25 AM   
SJ9R

Any chance on getting it changed so we could run remote games as in FBPro 98? This ability is what makes FBpro98 so good, you don't have to sim the human owned teams. It allows anyone who wishes to coach the oportunity to call the plays. Passing around the league file would be to time consuming.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: FB Pro 98 style Remote Games - 11/27/2007 4:20:58 PM   
Marauders

If there was a merge program that would allow the league file to go out and then merge any played game, that would be great.

It would just have to overwrite the fields in a league file only if the field had a greater number than before.  That way only new games would be written to the database.

I'm not even sure if it could be done by a third party, but it would resolve the issue.

In the mean time, having a league file posted on a website and updated as games are played could work, but games could not all be played at the same time, and that is a drawback for leagues of any large size.

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 4
RE: FB Pro 98 style Remote Games - 11/27/2007 7:25:27 PM   
SJ9R

Thanks for the response. Since I am not smart enough to write such a program I will hope that someone else sees the need. I would really like to upgrade our league but I don't think it would work in the current state. I hope this game is as good as it looks!

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: FB Pro 98 style Remote Games - 11/28/2007 12:35:11 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Since I am not smart enough to write such a program I will hope that someone else sees the need.

I am not a programmer, so I understand your point.

I have not been doing much work with Remote In and Remote Out games, but perhaps that will help.

David would like to have head to head online play in some future version of Maximum Football. Having multiple games going on at one time is something that may or may not have been considered.

Thank you for bringing this up.

(in reply to SJ9R)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> FB Pro 98 style Remote Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI