Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/28/2007 12:49:47 AM   
Brizane

Ok, I downloaded a playbook from FBMAX.com. I had some plays that had the same name as the original plays, that came with the game. It asked me if I wanted to over write them, during my 'copy and paste', and I said yes. I made my playbook, from plays I downloaded, and all looks great. Then, when I try to load the Fun and Gun playbook, for my opponent (as that appears to be the playbook he uses, and I'm trying to scheme against him), it only has one play in the whole book. So, I saved my playbook, and plays outside the game, 'cut and paste' style. Re-installed the original files, and the Fun and Gun worked again. I 'cut and paste' my plays back into the folder, along with my playbook, it asks again if I want to 'overwrite' the plays with the same name. I say yes, and now the Fun and Gun no longer works again.

I am at a loss here. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this? I don't want to have to go through and rename all 83 of my new plays.

Irish
Post #: 1
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/28/2007 1:49:35 AM   
garysorrell

I am pretty sure, that if you 'Import' the playbook, this wont happen.

Create a folder in the main Max directory called for example

playbook_export_irish

the irish part can be anything you want, it doesnt matter. The folder just has to be in the above format.

Dump the downloaded plays into that folder and then open the MFB-UTIL and open a playbook appropriate to the formation size, 8, 11, or 12

Then click import book and select the folder you created. Im pretty sure it handles the issue of duplicate names. Ive never had a problem with it.

(in reply to Brizane)
Post #: 2
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/28/2007 1:49:45 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

Did you try importing the playbook?

thanks
David

(in reply to Brizane)
Post #: 3
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/28/2007 1:59:15 AM   
garysorrell

Something I do, just because im anal that way, is create 3 playbooks. They are titled

11manimport
12manimport
8manimport

I also create 3 folders in the main Matrix/MaxFB directory

playbook_export_8
playbook_export_11
playbook_export_12

Whenever I download plays from somewhere, and want to get them into my Plays folder, I just dump them into the appropriate folder. Then open the appropriate playbook in the MFB_UTIL and then hit import book

That puts all the plays properly in the plays folder for your use at any time.
I usually then go and delete the contents of the above export folders and that way when I use them again, they are clean.

The 3 playbooks I created are only for importing plays.

Some of the play downloads om FBMAX actually include the playbook, which is a .pbk file. you can still import the plays using my above process, but if you drop the included .pbk in the 'Plays' folder, they will automatically pick up the imported plays and you can use them no problem.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 4
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/28/2007 2:48:24 AM   
mudrick

I don't want to start a new thread, and since this title fits, i'll post here. 

When you create a new playbook, what profile is being used?  I can load plans easily enough, but where do you load or edit a profile?

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 5
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/28/2007 2:53:53 AM   
Marauders

quote:

When you create a new playbook, what profile is being used?  I can load plans easily enough, but where do you load or edit a profile?

Edit a team profile?

Team Profiles are edited in the League menu system.

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 6
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/28/2007 2:57:19 AM   
Marauders

Here is the link from an earlier topic on how to edit a team profile:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1587057

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/28/2007 4:05:16 AM   
Brizane

Mudrick,

I can help there, as I know what your looking for.

Click the start game icon, then under play, click 'Utility Set'.
When that window appears, you can select your playbook. Once you do, there are three tabs at the top. One for plays, and one each, for your game plan profiles. you can adjust them on that tab.

Irish

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 8
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/29/2007 1:09:02 AM   
mudrick

What I mean are the actual situaltional playcall profiles.  You know, what you do when down by 10 in the 4th with 8 minutes left on a 3rd and 15.  I'm assuming every team uses some default.  What I don't see is exactly where it can be changed.  Like replace default profile with.......another profile. 

And I don't mean the profile play group tabs. Because if none exist, they still go by some profile.

< Message edited by mudrick -- 11/29/2007 1:10:20 AM >

(in reply to Brizane)
Post #: 9
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/29/2007 1:52:32 AM   
Marauders

quote:

And I don't mean the profile play group tabs. Because if none exist, they still go by some profile.

If none exists, the game uses the AI in that situation.

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 10
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/29/2007 3:14:26 AM   
mudrick

Ok, thanks for your help.  It's just odd.  Same plan, and sometimes the team passes 70% of the time.  And in a completely different game, they run 90% of the time......it's a mystery to me.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 11
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 11/29/2007 6:42:18 AM   
Marauders

quote:

mudrick stated: Ok, thanks for your help.  It's just odd.  Same plan, and sometimes the team passes 70% of the time.  And in a completely different game, they run 90% of the time ... it's a mystery to me.

Many playbooks don't have a general plan set up. This may be what you want to do.

Just open the gameplan and set ALL, ALL, ALL, ALL ... then just put in the percentages that you want the team to generally run as a tendency for that playbook (25% Pass-75% Run ...). It is best to actually do this once for each down.

As you add specific situations, they will override the general tendency.

If you want a playbook to be different for differing teams, copy the playbook, rename it, and do this for the new playbook.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marauders -- 11/29/2007 6:47:35 AM >

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 12
RE: Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help - 12/3/2007 9:37:25 PM   
direct_load

How do other folks monitor and maintain their team profiles?  To be honest I'm a little overwhelmed when it comes to setting this up.  My primary concern is avoiding a situation where I've set up multiple offensive profiles which apply to numerous situations thus diluting the chance plays I've selected for the situation are used.  Is this a utility for doing this or should I map this out in Excel prior to creating the profile? 

Also, is there a way to modify how a team uses time-outs during the game?  I've watched team after team call timeouts prior to fourth down and then punt the ball to the other team.  Or, use their timeouts and then run out the clock when they could have kicked a field goal.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Plays, Playbook, and Profiles help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI