Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/28/2007 11:28:55 AM   
rpatalan

Is it possible to create the Gran Duchy of Warsaw, the Kingdom of Italy, the Kingdom of Bavaria, the Kingdom of Westfalia, the Kingdom, and the Confederation of the Rhine, like in EiA boardgame?
Tanks
Post #: 1
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/28/2007 3:04:48 PM   
stephenhamley

No Tanks they are developped about a hundred years later. But in the board game you are able to create these various states and more i think there is an ottoman empire as well.

Sheep

The count has spoken !

(in reply to rpatalan)
Post #: 2
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/28/2007 7:47:32 PM   
napoleonbuff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Count von Krupp

No Tanks they are developped about a hundred years later. But in the board game you are able to create these various states and more i think there is an ottoman empire as well.

Sheep

All of the political entities he mentioned were formed by Napoleon.

(in reply to stephenhamley)
Post #: 3
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/28/2007 8:13:46 PM   
borner

I can't see how they will not be there without changing the flavor of the game, seeing as several of these impact Alternate Dominat status.

(in reply to napoleonbuff)
Post #: 4
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/28/2007 8:27:32 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi folks,

I'm not sure where Krupp is getting his info, but here's a quoted section from the manual to answer your question:

12.8 New Political Combinations - Kingdoms

Kingdoms may be created at this time if the sufficient provinces and minor country components have been obtained by a major power. The Kingdoms available and their component requirements are as follows:

12.8.1 The Confederation of the Rhine

Only Austria, France, Prussia, and Russia may create the Confederation of the Rhine.
Confederation of the Rhine Components
In order to create the Confederation of the Rhine, a player needs any combination of 15 components from the following list of possible components: Ansbach, Baden, Bavaria, Berg, Breisgau, Gottingen,
Hamburg, Hanover, Hesse, Julich, Lausitz, Magdeberg (prov), Mecklenburg, Munster, Nassau, Oldenberg, Saxony, Swabia, Thuringia, Tyrol (prov), Wurttemburg, Wurzburg.
NOTE: To create The Confederation of the Rhine, click on any component area and then click the “Create Kingdom” button.
The Confederation of the Rhine can never be created by one major power, even if all other requirements
can be met, if the Confederation of the Rhine is still in existence with another major power’s Free State flag.
Any purchases made for a Free State minor country before it becomes a component of The Confederation
of the Rhine is lost when the Kingdom is created.
Once created, the Confederation of the Rhine is generally treated as a normal minor free state. The money and manpower of its component parts are doubled in value and used for the usual purposes.
The component parts of the Confederation of the Rhine are still treated as separate minor free states and ceded provinces for purposes of conquering it. However, as long as the Confederation of the Rhine’s controlling major power still controls at least one component minor country with corps, the Confederation of the Rhine still exists (consisting of whatever territory remains).
If the last component minor country with corps of the confederation goes neutral, is ceded or is conquered, the confederation will cease to exist and become separate parts (either neutral or controlled, as the case may be) again.
If the Confederation of the Rhine’s territories are ceded, either voluntarily or as a peace condition, they are ceded as separate minor countries and/or provinces. If the confederation is gone, then it must be recreated to exist again.
The Confederation of the Rhine is worth two political points to create. Individually gaining or losing parts of it gain/cost the usual political points for conquering/losing minor countries/provinces.

12.8.2 Poland (Grand Duchy Of Warsaw)

Any major power may create Poland.
Poland Components
Russian, Austrian and Prussian provinces marked on the map with a “(P)” are the available Polish components.
The following is required in order to create Poland: Masovia (Capital) and any ONE of the following:
Danzig, East Galicia, Lithuania, Podolia, Polesia, Posen, Volhynia, West Prussia, West Galicia, White Russia.
NOTE: To create Poland, click on Masovia and then click the “Create Kingdom”
button. The program will add all the available components owned by the major power at the time of creation
Once created, Poland is a normal minor free state of whatever size that has been determined and the combined money and manpower values of its component provinces are doubled in value (as in any minor free state and used for the usual purposes).
Economic Phase
The Polish minor free state may only be conquered by the unbesieged occupation of Warsaw for a month (Polish provinces may not be individually conquered), after which the provinces that were part of the Polish free state are considered unceded provinces, if controlled by their home nation major power, or ceded provinces, if controlled by another major power.
The conquering major power may, if desired, again declare Poland a minor free state during any later Economic Phase.
If Poland is ceded, either voluntarily, or as a peace condition, it must be ceded as a unit. The controlling
player may not separate individual Polish provinces for individual ceding or other purposes. When ceded, the component provinces become ceded and/or unceded provinces, depending on the controlling major power.
Poland is worth one political point to create or to conquer (capture Warsaw). The loss of a controlled Poland costs one political point, whether to conquest or by ceding to an ally.

12.8.3 The Ottoman Empire

The Ottoman Empire can be only be created by France, Great Britain, Spain or Turkey. The Ottoman Empire consists of the, minor countries of Algeria, Cyrenica, Egypt, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tripolitania
and Tunisia. If France, Great Britain, Spain or Turkey controls any six of these (all possible minor countries that the major power controls must be incorporated), then the Ottoman Empire may be declared by the controlling major power.
NOTE: To create The Ottoman Empire, click on any component area and then click the “Create Kingdom” button.
The Ottoman Empire can never be created by one major power, even if all other requirements can be met, if the Ottoman Empire is still in existence with another major power’s free state flag.
Any purchases made for a free state minor country before it becomes a component of The Ottoman Empire is lost when the Kingdom is created.
Once created, the Ottoman Empire is generally treated as a normal minor free state. The combined money and manpower of its component parts are doubled (as in any minor free state) in value and used in any desired way for the usual purposes. The combined money and manpower may be used to purchase army factors for the corps or garrisons of any of the component minor countries with corps. Garrison factors from the Ottoman Empire may be placed anywhere within its territory. In addition, there are extra advantages for a Turkish-controlled Ottoman Empire, as follows:
Improved Morale:• If Turkey controls the Ottoman Empire, the morale value of every Ottoman Empire corps becomes “2.0”for infantry and “3.0” for cavalry.
Tribute:• If Turkey controls the Ottoman Empire, at the conclusion of the December
Economic Phase, any unspent Ottoman Empire money points are added as “tribute” to Turkey’s remaining money points instead of being lost.
The component parts of the Ottoman Empire are still treated as separate minor free states for purposes of conquering it. However, as long as the Ottoman Empire’s controlling major power still controls at least one component minor country with corps, the Ottoman Empire still exists (consist-
ing of whatever territory remains). If the last component minor country with corps of the empire goes neutral, is ceded or is conquered the empire will cease to exist and become separate parts (either neutral or controlled, as the case may be) again.
If the Ottoman Empire’s territories are ceded, either voluntarily or as a peace condition, they are ceded as separate minor countries. If the empire is gone, then it must be recreated to exist again.
The Ottoman Empire is worth two political points to create. Individually gaining or losing parts of it gain/cost the usual political points for conquering/losing minor countries.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to borner)
Post #: 5
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/28/2007 10:12:18 PM   
Murat

Doesn't anyone read posts anymore? he said no TANKS  not no new political combinations.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/28/2007 10:18:59 PM   
Mardonius

Thank you Murat!!!!!!!

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 7
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/28/2007 10:36:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat
Doesn't anyone read posts anymore? he said no TANKS  not no new political combinations.

Hehe - I just had to re-read that to realize that he was joking. Well, in any case, now the original poster has his answer.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 8
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/28/2007 11:25:59 PM   
rpatalan

Is it possible to create  also the Kingdom of Italy, the Kingdom of Bavaria, the Kingdom of Westfalia, with click the “Create Kingdom” button?????
Thanks

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/29/2007 1:48:27 AM   
Marshall Ellis

rpatalan:

No. We only have Poland, Confederation of the Rhine and the Ottoman.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to rpatalan)
Post #: 10
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/29/2007 2:25:17 AM   
yammahoper

Hmm.  Can the Holy Roman Empire still be torn apart via an unconditional surrender condition?  I forget the specifics...this had to occur to make something...the Kingdom of Italy perhaps?

Just wondering...

lynn

...nothing is more chaotic than a battle won...

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 11
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/29/2007 1:19:00 PM   
rpatalan

Why is it no possible to create the Kingdom of Italy, the kingdom of Bavaria and teh Kingdom of Westfalia?
Thanks

(in reply to yammahoper)
Post #: 12
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/29/2007 2:44:17 PM   
Marshall Ellis

rpatalan:

We simply did not add these kingdoms in this version.
We weren't going to do "new political combinations" at all but changed our minds.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to rpatalan)
Post #: 13
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/30/2007 12:47:29 AM   
Naomi

The developers might've wanted to put out a couple of such creations only to tempt us into asking more. Heh.

Post #: 14
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/30/2007 7:06:51 PM   
Marshall Ellis

As the developer, I've learned to not try and tempt anybody to ask for anything LOL!

As for kingdoms, I will say that Kingdoms were a challenge to code simply because they are essentially nations that exists then don't exists. Some have capitals and some do not. Most can be created only by certain MPs. It was a little painful to compensate for but we did tackle the biggies (Conf of the Rhine, Poland and the Ottoman)

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 15
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/30/2007 7:32:22 PM   
JavaJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

As the developer, I've learned to not try and tempt anybody to ask for anything LOL!

As for kingdoms, I will say that Kingdoms were a challenge to code simply because they are essentially nations that exists then don't exists. Some have capitals and some do not. Most can be created only by certain MPs. It was a little painful to compensate for but we did tackle the biggies (Conf of the Rhine, Poland and the Ottoman)

Marshall,

Great job with that by the way. It gives players more of an incentive to fight over a few minors knowing in the end they can create some monster minor nations. Poland is a favorite.

Joe

Vice President Jersey Association Of Gamers
JerseyGamers.com

Post #: 16
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 11/30/2007 7:33:00 PM   
JavaJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JavaJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

As the developer, I've learned to not try and tempt anybody to ask for anything LOL!

Marshall,

Great job with that by the way. It gives players more of an incentive to fight over a few minors knowing in the end they can create some monster minor nations. Poland is a favorite.

Joe

Hate when I do that....

Marshall,

Joe

Vice President Jersey Association Of Gamers
JerseyGamers.com

(in reply to JavaJoe)
Post #: 17
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 12/1/2007 6:02:21 AM   
jamo262

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naomi

The developers might've wanted to put out a couple of such creations only to tempt us into asking more. Heh.

Oh yes indeedy do!

Myself I wonder if the game might not flow better with Sweden as a second rank (major)power. Not that it would be fun for everyone to to play. It would just make it more resilient and a challenge for those who wish to gobble it up (GB & Russia) as they couldn't do it in one go. Perhaps these countries would seek to gain influence and ally with it as happened historically.

When did Russia invade Sweden historically anyway? I know it happened but cant recall when.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 18
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 12/1/2007 10:25:12 AM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamo262

When did Russia invade Sweden historically anyway? I know it happened but cant recall when.

1808-1809. That's the war when we lost Finland for good.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to jamo262)
Post #: 19
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 12/1/2007 1:21:06 PM   
jamo262

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

Soon will come your chance to change all that.

The Russian bear will pay for his trespasses!

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 20
RE: Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc - 12/1/2007 1:29:39 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: jamo262

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

Soon will come your chance to change all that.

The Russian bear will pay for his trespasses!

Hmmm ... Enforcing 'Pax Suecia' upon the russian peasants ... sounds like a nice project ...

< Message edited by Grollub -- 12/1/2007 1:34:37 PM >

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to jamo262)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Confederetion of the Rhine, Kingdom of Italy, etc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI